C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

O/U for A-Rod's suspension? 162 game ban?

I'm thinking Selig wants to make an example out of A-Rod, a repeat offender who wanted to be judged after the last time he got caught, and a guy that tampered with evidence. Baseball is historic and they don't want to see a known steroid user break the career HR record.

Braun was in a similar situation and had to plea for his 60 or so game suspension. I think the league wants to take A-Rod out for 120, 150, 162, or 200 games and possibly life to make an example of him.

If A-Rod is banned, can he play in the minors or does he got to Japan? I don't think he quits.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Over

wants him to miss all of next year also

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Over.

All of this season + next season, minimum.

Probability of life time ban - 33%

C-Gold

So you guys are saying 200 games?

At one point I thought baseball had a 1-2-3 strike policy. 50 games, 100 games, life.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

C-Gold

He'll be in Japan hitting home runs for Tokyo and then banging tiny oriental women.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

What would Bonds, Sosa, and McGuire have gotten?

Timing is everything

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I'd guess around 220-240.

I think in addition to the PED's, they're also gonna tack some time on for A-rod because he interfered with the investigation plus this is his second offense. Add in that his team doesn't really like him, he's underperformed for what he's making and I don't think the Yankees will be using any of their pull to help him in any way.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

according to espn its gonna be the rest of this year and next year which is 52 for this year and 162 next year = 214. he can't play while he appeals either supposedly. as a yankee fan i am tired of a-rod and all his antics.

from the papers here supposedly a-rod is all about the $ and would rather fight over any suspension because he hates giving up $. you would think if you had the choice of life or suspended thru 2014 and then coming back you would take the 200+ game suspension and come back in 2015 to still make $60 million plus on your contract.

selig hates that a-rod said publicly that he feels mlb is out to get him but i don't think they can suspend him for life so easily without a positive test. even the first offense wasn't a positive test but a-rod admitting he juiced. funny thing is canseco was right about a-rod all along.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    according to espn its gonna be the rest of this year and next year which is 52 for this year and 162 next year = 214. he can't play while he appeals either supposedly. as a yankee fan i am tired of a-rod and all his antics.

from the papers here supposedly a-rod is all about the $ and would rather fight over any suspension because he hates giving up $. you would think if you had the choice of life or suspended thru 2014 and then coming back you would take the 200+ game suspension and come back in 2015 to still make $60 million plus on your contract.

selig hates that a-rod said publicly that he feels mlb is out to get him but i don't think they can suspend him for life so easily without a positive test. even the first offense wasn't a positive test but a-rod admitting he juiced. funny thing is canseco was right about a-rod all along.
    Canseco called out A-Rod too?