Mr. Miyagi
    Mr. Miyagi's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 - 1 yesterday, 14 - 6 last 20

Nationals RHP Dan Haren (5-11, 5.49 ERA) at Brewers RHP Donovan Hand (0-2, 3.56 ERA), 7:10 EST.

Line: WAS -120, MIL +110

The Washington Nationals go up against the Brewers in this Saturday matchup. While the Nationals still have a fighting chance at the post season the Brewers season is a complete loss at this point. Jean Segura (132 hits) has been a nice surprise but other than that not much else to be excited for as a Brewers fan. With the Ryan Braun fiasco following this team around daily I’m sure they would call it a season today if they could.

Dan Haren gets the call for the Nationals. What an up and down season so far for this guy with 19 starts and only 5 wins thus far. His opponents are hitting a robust .288 against him and he’s given up 21 long balls. His pitches look flat this year without much life or movement. However, he tends to shine against the sub par opponent as he did in his last outing against the Mets (7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER) and the Brewers definitely qualify as sub par so we actually think ol’ Danny Boy will fare well in this one.

For the Brew Crew it’s the big right handed reliever Donovan Hand who will make his third career start. When you’re as bad as the Brewers you’ll try just about anything and well this guy is just about anything. A career minor leaguer who is a getting a couple spot starts to fill in for injured regulars. This guy has 43 total innings pitched at the big league level and he won’t last long today against this lineup.

Washington is still in the playoff race, albeit an outside chance but at least their playing for something whereas the Brewers are playing for pride and to see if Jean Segura can finish the season as the National league Leader in hits. With Washington’s professional, veteran type approach at the plate we don’t see Donovan Hand making it through the 5th.

Don’t let the smallish line fool you. Nats roll.

Prediction: Nationals 8, Brewers 4

PLAY ON: NATIONALS -120

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants RHP Tim Lincecum (5-11, 4.61 ERA) at Rays LHP David Price (6-5, 3.57 ERA), 7:05 PM EST
    Line: TB -235, SF +205
    The Giants took game one of this series last night as Bumgarner kept the Rays in check all night allowing one earned and striking out 11. Archer for the Rays who had led his team to victory in his last 7 starts got hung with the L, he’s been dazzling since his call up, it looks like the Rays found yet another super star innings eater in Archer. These AL East/NL West inter league match-ups are always the most intriguing. Great starting pitching in the NL West and traditionally stacked lineups in the AL East make for interesting story lines.
    Two times World Champion manager Bruce Bochy sends out the controversial Tim Lincecum for the start tonight. We all know about the no hitter this season and what Timmy is capable of when his head is on straight. Lincecum is the classic hot & cold pitcher. In his 5 wins this year he’s pitched 34.2 innings, given up 12 hits and 1 earned run. His losses of course are the opposite, 10 earned in his last 10 innings pitched since the no hitter. We are predicting a cold performance from The Freak tonight.
    The second place Rays currently trailing the Sox by 2 wins will send out their ace David Price. This guy is a monster when healthy; he’s 5-1 since coming off the DL. The one loss was a 1-2 complete game (8 H, 0 BB) to Cosart and the Astros. He vowed to attack hitters when he came off the DL and that’s exactly what he’s been doing as he’s allowed 1 walk in his last 48 innings. One walk in 48 innings?! Remarkable effort. This Giants team will be no match for Price tonight if continues to pound the strike zone.
    A complete game shutout is easily within reach tonight for Price as he will over power this weak Giants lineup. 8 runs to beat us is not likely here unless the Rays tack on some late insurance.
    Prediction: Rays 5, SF 1
    PLAY ON: TB & Under 7 Parlay (Pays 1.72)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yankees RHP Ivan Nova (4-4, 3.41 ERA) at Padres RHP Tyson Ross (2-4, 2.90 ERA), 5:40 p.m.

Line: NYY -115, SDP +105

In last night’s game as we predicted the Padres knocked around Sabathia for 11 hits and 5 earned runs in 4 2/3. We said yesterday and we’ll say it again today, this guy is not the same, not even close to last year. He’s going to be an excellent pitcher to “fade” for the rest of the season as we’ll get 8 – 10 more starts from him.

Cashner gave the Padres his usual quality start with 7 strong innings and even drove in a run with a base knock. The Padres banged out 14 hits to go along with 4 walks in 38 official at bats, amazing considering they only got to hit in 8 innings. Everth Cabrera led the way for the Friars with a triple and 3 singles.
    Ivan Nova gets the start tonight and he has somewhat of a history with the Padres as he actually tried out with the Padres during Spring Training in 2010 (Rule 5 draft pick). He didn’t make the Padres roster and was sent back to the Yankees. A year later he starts for the Yankees and never looks back. This guy can pitch, he’s been battling injuries all year but when healthy he’s a premier pitcher in the AL. He had tough luck no run support losses in his last two outings as he lost 0-3 to the Rangers and 0-1 to the Rays. We think he’ll pitch spectacular again tonight and quiet the Padres.
    The lanky Tyson Ross gets the nod for the Padres. As an Oakland Athletic Ross actually struck out his boyhood idol Ken Griffey Jr. as the first batter he faced in his major league career back in 2010. We doubt Junior remembers the at bat but we’re betting that Tyson Ross still has the ball on his mantle. Because of injuries to the Padres starting rotation Ross has been bumped into the starting rotation. He has only allowed one run on five hits over his two starts. Impressive start? Yes, but, this was against the lowly Brewers and the even worse hitting Diamondbacks. We are unimpressed. Let’s see how he fares tonight against a few Hall of Famers.
    The Yankees offense has been quiet. No surprise there, it’s been quiet all year and while we don’t expect them to break out with 10 runs tonight we do see them plating 5 which will be more than enough has Nova will go 7 strong, then Robertson for the 8th and enter Sandman in the 9th to close it out.
    Prediction: Yankees 5, Padres 2
    PLAY ON: YANKEES -115

Mr. Miyagi

3-0 sweep with the parlay hitting. Too easy. 3 winners already locked in for tomorrow.

Mr. Miyagi

These write-ups are scary good, it's almost like we had today's newspaper.
    Points Awarded:

Charlie103 gave Mr. Miyagi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Amazing. Be sure to post tomorrows games please.

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

awesome. would love insight for tomorrow

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    These write-ups are scary good, it's almost like we had today's newspaper.
    are these your write ups or are you coping and pasting from somewhere? either way is cool with me just keep them coming.

Mr. Miyagi

Easy ItsMeMrMattE, you think I'm some kind of plagiarizer? No chance man, this is all me. All me. No offense taken My write ups already done, I guess we can post them now as my bets are in. The lines will be/always do changing so lock in now.

Mr. Miyagi

Braves Alex Wood (1-2, 3.51 ERA) at Phillies LHP Cliff Lee (10-4, 3.05 ERA), 8:05 EST. Nationally televised on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

Line: PHI -125, ATL +115

The Atlanta Braves come into Sunday night’s game looking for a 3 game sweep against their NL East rivals. It’ll be a tall order against one of the premier left handed pitchers of the past 5 years in Cliff Lee. It took 12 innings and a manufactured run for the Braves to finally put the Phillies away Saturday. The ATL bullpen pitched 5 scoreless down the stretch to further dampen any Phillies post season aspirations. Currently 10 games back in the Wild Card race the Phillies are on the outside looking in.

The Braves send 22 year old rookie Alex Wood to the mound looking for the sweep. This promising youngster gave up 3 earned runs to a formidable Rockies team last Tuesday to record his first big league win. If it wasn’t for a 2 run homer to the Rockies 8th place hitter his numbers would’ve been even better. Wood is a second round draft pick from last year with big league stuff. With Hudson down and the rest of the Braves pitching staff struggling don’t be surprised to see this kid start a post season game in a couple months. He’s that good already.

Charlie Manuel sends old faithful Cliff Lee to the mound. Cliff can be dominating at times and he can get hit at times. His first half of the season was spectacular but right now he is struggling and struggling badly. In his last 3 starts he’s given up 13 runs over 19 1/3 innings yielding a whopping 8 homeruns over that same span. We think his recent stiff neck injury is a direct result of him snapping his head around watching his hanging curveballs fly over the fence.

ATL banged Lee around for 8 hits and 4 runs July 5th and we fully expect a similar effort from the Braves tonight. The Braves smell blood and they’ll pounce on the aging Cliff Lee early.

Prediction: Braves 5, Phillies 2

Mr. Miyagi

Yankees RHP Phil Hughes (4-9, 4.58 ERA) at Padres RHP Ian Kennedy (3-8, 5.23 ERA), 4:05 EST.

Line: NYY -110, SDP -110

As we predicted yesterday almost like we had todays newspaper the Yankees came away with a win last night in Game 2 at Petco Park. Nova was brilliant for 7 innings then Robertson for the 8th and Mariano for the save. We thought the Yankees would put across more than 2 runs, but 2 runs are usually enough in San Diego.

In today’s rubber match the Yankees send Phil Hughes to the bump to try and work a win before the Yankees take off for Chicago. Phil Hughes has been average all year but the interesting thing with him this season are his home/away splits. At home this season Hughes has a 6.02 ERA while posting a 1-7 record, opponents hit him for a .304 average. On the road he’s a respectable 3-2 but his ERA is a full 3 runs lower at 3.02 holding opponents to a .235 average.

Newly acquired Ian Kennedy makes his first start for the Padres since the trade which saw the Diamondbacks acquire middle man extraordinaire Joe Thatcher from San Diego. Thatcher will give the Diamondbacks an immediate boost in the bullpen which they desperately needed. Kevin Towers must think Kennedy is done to trade him away for a middle reliever. We concur with the Diamondbacks GM on this one. The Diamondbacks were 1-9 in Kennedy’s last 10 starts. To his defense a lot of those games were on the road against quality teams but we’re confident it’ll be more of the same for Kennedy in San Diego.

The Yankees should have no problem getting to their old teammate Kennedy in this one and Phil Hughes should do just enough to get Yankees over the hump on getaway day.

Prediction: Yankees 5, Padres 3

PLAY ON: Over 7.5

Mr. Miyagi

Giants RHP Guillermo Moscoso (0-0, 6.75 ERA) at Rays RHP Roberto Hernandez (6-11, 4.71 ERA), 1:40 EST.

Line: TB -210, SF +190

We nailed the TB/Under 7 parlay yesterday for a nice +1.72 units. As we predicted David Price dominated the paltry Giants lineup going 9 innings on only 105 pitches. Price is pitching lights out right now. Lincecum pitched better than we anticipated which helped our under which was on cruise control the whole game.

In today’s matinee the San Francisco Giants sludge out newly acquired Venezuelan journeyman Guillermo Moscoso. The last time he pitched more than 50 innings in a season was for Oakland in 2011 recording 8 Wins against 10 losses. He has 2.2 innings of work under his belt this year allowing a 2 run homer to Michael Young July 30th. Moscoso is a AAA pitcher flipping spots for a few starts with Barry Zito who was moved to the bullpen. He was acquired from the Cubs last week.

Roberto Hernandez takes the hill for the Rays who hope to take 2 of 3 from the visitors. Hernandez has actually been decent this season despite his 6-11 record. He got the W his last time out against the Diamondbacks going 9 innings allowing 2 earned. Hernandez spent his last 7 seasons in Cleveland compiling a 53-69 record. He won’t walk many guys which helps him stay out of early jams but, he does have the propensity to cough up a homerun allowing 19 on the year. Good thing he’s facing the Giants who are second to last in MLB with 67 homeruns. Only the Marlins have hit fewer with 63.

The Rays should be able to whack Moscoso around before Bochy gives him the hook which will likely be before the 5th inning. Rays all day here as this is a game San Francisco will have less intensity than usual.

Prediction: Rays 6, Giants 2

PLAY ON: Rays -1.5 even

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy ItsMeMrMattE, you think I'm some kind of plagiarizer? No chance man, this is all me. All me. No offense taken My write ups already done, I guess we can post them now as my bets are in. The lines will be/always do changing so lock in now.
    I don't think he thought you plagiarized, I just think it is because of the way you praised yourself. Most people wouldn't make a statement like that about themselves so it seemed as if someone else must have written it.

Jefferey13

oops double post...

good job on your picks though and BOL tomorrow

Mr. Miyagi

Sorry, the official play is BRAVES +115

Mr. Miyagi

Didn't mean to come off arrogant its just the amount of time and effort I put into making money in this business I like to pat myself on the back sometimes.

Charlie103

Didn't mean to come off arrogant its just the amount of time and effort I put into making money in this business I like to pat myself on the back sometimes.

hey man you deserve it, screw that other guy.

ItsMeMrMattE

i know that feeling bro. its a good one. ya wasnt trying to offend at all. just curiosity. imo plagiarize all you want on here as long as your plagiarizing from the right spot. but the fact that your not is even more impressive. GL tomorrow.

Charlie103

Matt you going to parlay it? ha

Charlie103

Miyagi, which game do you like the best? if you dont mind me asking bro.

Jefferey13

No problem, its your thread, you made the winning picks. Wasn't trying to be insulting, just explaining my impression. like I said, keep up the good work.

ItsMeMrMattE

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie103 View Post
    Matt you going to parlay it? ha
    huh? i got $35 dollars to play with tomorrow. dont know what im gonna do with it yet.

FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

Nice write-ups man... don't know how much of a factor you think this is but I've seen a lot of cappers here screw up Sunday Night Baseball games... not sure if it's just cause of the added pressure of being on TV or something but things tend to go unexpectedly for lots of teams. I'm going to tail anyway but just wondering if you think there's anything additional to consider for nationally televised games. GL

Charlie103

I was personally really feeling the phillies to win on Sunday Night. Butttt Im going to tail.

Mr. Miyagi

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie103 View Post
    Miyagi, which game do you like the best? if you dont mind me asking bro.
    Charlie, if I liked one game more than another I would only bet that one game. I don't bet games to have action, I bet because I feel I have an edge over the books on these three games. Sometimes, its more, sometimes its less, sometimes its zero games a day. I look for weak lines which I can expose 60% of the time.

Mr. Miyagi

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Nice write-ups man... don't know how much of a factor you think this is but I've seen a lot of cappers here screw up Sunday Night Baseball games... not sure if it's just cause of the added pressure of being on TV or something but things tend to go unexpectedly for lots of teams. I'm going to tail anyway but just wondering if you think there's anything additional to consider for nationally televised games. GL
    FearThe Beard, It's just another game for me. This Sunday night baseball game is the same as the Super Bowl. I bet all games the same every game, because its televised doesn't mean squat to me but I can tell most televised games will be juiced slightly higher because of public perception. In my write up you can tell how high I am on Wood for the Braves. This line should be flipped as the Braves should be favored but the general public sees Lee and they immediately gravitate to that side. The fact is, Wood is pitching better than Lee 9right now) and the Braves are hitting better and have a much stronger bull pen.