Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Is Tampa Bay is worthy of a BIG PLAY tonight?

Tampa Bay host the San Francisco Giants tonight. Archer vs Bumgardner.

The Rays hit lefties well but they just got shut down by Lefty Wade Miley and Bum Fukk has been pitching lights out lately as well.

However on most nights the Rays are a much better hitting team than the Giants.

What does everyone think about this game?

My opinion is Archer will have no trouble shutting down the Giants, and the Rays bullpen should be rested and ready after the day off.

If the Giants win this game it will probably have to be a 2-1 type game.
    But Bumgardner is different style pitcher than Wade Miley he throws much harder, has anyone paid attention to how the Rays have done against hard throwing lefties?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

And no i'm not retarded. I realize the thread title does not make sense. But i edited it and didn't proof read lol , i was trying to think of a thread title that wouldn't jinx this possible play but yet still attract posters.

Solid
    Solid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

I would consider taking the under, since Archer is pretty good and sf offence is atrocious.

But I hate under bets.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

jinx thread, big bear is on giants

i'm taking the rays though

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Rays hit lefties well but Bumgarner has been dealing like you mentioned. The way I played this one was to take the Under, which is if my memory serves me correctly is 12-3 in the Rays last 15 games, and to play the Rays since they are just an all around better team than the Giants and the Giants can't hit a beach ball. I see the Rays scratching out 3 runs tonight at home which should be enough against the Giants anemic offense. BTW the Rays are 10-2 against the NL this year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    jinx thread, big bear is on giants

i'm taking the rays though
    nah man , i hate the Giants. It is very rare that i would ever bet on the Giants.

I hate betting on teams that can't score. Yesterday i thought about betting Giants just b/c Hamels had been so bad.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jessetk313 View Post
    The Rays hit lefties well but Bumgarner has been dealing like you mentioned. The way I played this one was to take the Under, which is if my memory serves me correctly is 12-3 in the Rays last 15 games, and to play the Rays since they are just an all around better team than the Giants and the Giants can't hit a beach ball. I see the Rays scratching out 3 runs tonight at home which should be enough against the Giants anemic offense. BTW the Rays are 10-2 against the NL this year.
    good points. And this would have been a no brainer for me , had the Rays not been just previously shut down by a Lefty.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

I don't about BIG. You have an unbalance match-up here, not so much in the pitching department but team wise. In any event 2-1 3-1 type of game.

In other news - if you're looking for some bounce back plays it would be teams like (STL, MIA, NYY). If you wanna get chalky BAL (we already know how the flight ride was for SEA.) If you're looking for a good solid Over/Under I'm sure Santiago and Fister will be dealing tonight. If you just wanna jump off the bridge, I'm sure Woods would push you over.

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea I agree BigBear.

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Giants barely escaped the Phillies last night in the 9th inning. I don't care who's dealing for the Giants today Bum Schmum; the Rays are just to hot for the risk going against them right now in this type of matchup. The Giants blow right now, and are only able to beat up on lesser teams and have a hard time doing that. They should have swept the phillies outright. The fact of the Rays being shut down by Miley matters but Miley can provide the goods at times, and is one of those terrible or great pitchers depending on the day. Aso the Diamondbacks offense is much better than the Giants so really I can't compare the two against a Rays team that was obviously tired and in a let down spot against a dbacks team that was desperate for a win. The Giants got a couple of wins vs the Phillies and I don't think they are going to gain much momentum off of that. The Rays are still hot and chasing down the Red Sox. Can't go against that. It's Rays, the under or nothing for my money.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    The Giants barely escaped the Phillies last night in the 9th inning. I don't care who's dealing for the Giants today Bum Schmum; the Rays are just to hot for the risk going against them right now in this type of matchup. The Giants blow right now, and are only able to beat up on lesser teams and have a hard time doing that. They should have swept the phillies outright. The fact of the Rays being shut down by Miley matters but Miley can provide the goods at times, and is one of those terrible or great pitchers depending on the day. Aso the Diamondbacks offense is much better than the Giants so really I can't compare the two against a Rays team that was obviously tired and in a let down spot against a dbacks team that was desperate for a win. The Giants got a couple of wins vs the Phillies and I don't think they are going to gain much momentum off of that. The Rays are still hot and chasing down the Red Sox. Can't go against that. It's Rays, the under or nothing for my money.
    Archer -1 at +102 looking tempting.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924