frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Anyone else not sold on the Dodgers?

I know they are playing good right now but since June 20 they have only played 3 games against teams with a winning record, winning 3 games in Arizona. Apart from that they have beaten up on the weaklings of baseball. I think they lost all those games early in the year for a reason and their run differential shows they are not hard luck losers. This is an anomaly and they will go back to their losing ways soon.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Puig gets healthy they can go a long way

They remind me of SF World Series teams

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are the real deal. That offense is hitting like an all star team right now and pitching is top notch.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If Puig gets healthy they can go a long way

They remind me of SF World Series teams
    How?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I know they are playing good right now but since June 20 they have only played 3 games against teams with a winning record, winning 3 games in Arizona. Apart from that they have beaten up on the weaklings of baseball. I think they lost all those games early in the year for a reason and their run differential shows they are not hard luck losers. This is an anomaly and they will go back to their losing ways soon.
    doubtful they get back to losing even if the offense cools down they have the best bullpen in baseball imo...3 solid pitchers in Kershaw (you pick Harvey or Kershaw as best pitcher in baseball its a coin flip) greinke is a pretty damn good NUMBER 2 and ryu is a damn good 3 nolasco is solid as a 4 I see them winning a lot from here on out. Dodgers have some nice sticks admit it Crawford isn't shit the catcher ellis is a avg to below avg stick, uribe isn't a stick other than that your facing a meat of the order pick your poison puig,gonzo, kemp, Ramirez,and either that's about a good meat of the lineup as there is in baseball right now. Im watching all the games on mlb.tv right now there are some weak ass lineups in the national league lol at Atlanta getting no hit right now by gee im watching this nonsense he doesn't have no hit stuff tonight. with the starting pitching, the bullpen, and the sticks they have if they can stay semi healthy they will be a problem come playoff time.

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's you definition of sold? Are they going to keep going 20-5 or whatever... no. No one will. Are they going to revert to where they were about 2 months in dead last in the NL and way under .500? No.

I predict they end up somewhere around .550 on the season needing to win the division to get into the playoffs.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Division race will be a fight to the end. They are still among the bottom of the NL in most defensive categories and have a mediocre bullpen minus Jansen. Forget Puig, if Hanley and Gonzalez go cold that is when they slump.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Division race will be a fight to the end. They are still among the bottom of the NL in most defensive categories and have a mediocre bullpen minus Jansen. Forget Puig, if Hanley and Gonzalez go cold that is when they slump.
    you going by stats or ?? concerning the bullpen Dominguez is dodgers future closer hes well electric he can reach 100mph and often does, chris withrow is another power arm 14ks in 11 iinings he has good stuff these two are the guys I see Donny baseball bringing in with the lead also uses paco rodriguez and jp howell as has lefty all are solid That's 4 good arms not counting jansen the closer looks like a good bullpen to me. league and bellrasrio are the garbage men.... when the weakness of your pen is league the former closer and bellrasario that's not a mediocre bullpen.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    you going by stats or ?? concerning the bullpen Dominguez is dodgers future closer hes well electric he can reach 100mph and often does, chris withrow is another power arm 14ks in 11 iinings he has good stuff these two are the guys I see Donny baseball bringing in with the lead also uses paco rodriguez and jp howell as has lefty all are solid That's 4 good arms not counting jansen the closer looks like a good bullpen to me. league and bellrasrio are the garbage men.... when the weakness of your pen is league the former closer and bellrasario that's not a mediocre bullpen.
    Yes, stats in the NL. Their bullpen has the 4th worst ERA, 5th worst BAA, 3rd Most Blown Saves behind the Dbacks, and Cubs, tied for 3rd lowest save %. Middle of the pack in most other stats besides K's. Their bullpen does average a high K/9 ration. Dominguez does throw gas, not arguing that. Still green and needs better control. Not impressed with Withrow really, he did pitch well in long relief in that extra innings game against the Dbacks and made me some $. The other thing is you have Mattingly deciding who to put in. He's proven that he cannot successfully manage the abundance of talent around him. How long was League the closer when everyone and their mother knew Jansen should be in there?

Just saying, I'm loving the streak that the Dodgers are on, because I have been making $ off of them. However, they will fall back to Earth. Kemp is made of glass and somebody better teach Puig how to play near the wall or he's going to pull a Griffey Jr. and break his wrist or separate his shoulder/break his collar bone. Love the enthusiasm but running full speed into a wall is -EV.

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

they are only 8\1 to win the WS.. thats pretty legit

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Lad pitchers are overrated

kgaexec
    kgaexec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 361

dodgers are seemingly strong.

kershaw+ ryu + their offense = $

teaserpleaser

Yes, stats in the NL. Their bullpen has the 4th worst ERA, 5th worst BAA, 3rd Most Blown Saves behind the Dbacks, and Cubs, tied for 3rd lowest save %. Middle of the pack in most other stats besides K's. Their bullpen does average a high K/9 ration. Dominguez does throw gas, not arguing that. Still green and needs better control. Not impressed with Withrow really, he did pitch well in long relief in that extra innings game against the Dbacks and made me some $. The other thing is you have Mattingly deciding who to put in. He's proven that he cannot successfully manage the abundance of talent around him. How long was League the closer when everyone and their mother knew Jansen should be in there?

Just saying, I'm loving the streak that the Dodgers are on, because I have been making $ off of them. However, they will fall back to Earth. Kemp is made of glass and somebody better teach Puig how to play near the wall or he's going to pull a Griffey Jr. and break his wrist or separate his shoulder/break his collar bone. Love the enthusiasm but running full speed into a wall is -EV.
    stats are meaningless in this situation moving forward most of them were before the Dominguez/withrow call ups some of that is league at closer etc etc .... I stand by what I said guess we just have to agree to disagree I see a lot of wins coming for the dodgers with Dominguez,withrow,paco rod,jp howell,and jansen. If those 5 bullpen arms I named can stay healthy with the starting pitching good luck come playoff time. everybody better be making money with the dodgers they have been on fire for weeks then the books gave me Kershaw under -110 an Ryu + with that bullpen and that lineup not fackin with Capuano though maybe a team total

Jefferey13

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Lad pitchers are overrated
    I don't think it's possible for Kershaw to be overrated.

tony_come

Kershaw can't win the big games

No doubt overrated

Jefferey13

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Kershaw can't win the big games

No doubt overrated
    So your point is Kershaw doesn't hit well enough?

teaserpleaser

The bats are going to cool off they have to injurys are going to happen its a long rest of the season if Kershaw,greinke,ryu can just stay healthy and those 5 bullpen arms stay healthy I think they'll do just fine. The dodgers are a new team with puig he sparked the shit outta them now they're rolling going to be hard to stop with the sticks and arms they have.

tony_come

Not a winner

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

hanley playing really well right now. when everyone's healthy, it's the best lineup in the majors...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    hanley playing really well right now. when everyone's healthy, it's the best lineup in the majors...
    This guy has to be juicing.

From Miami, Hispanic, etc.

He hasn't played this good in five years. And he is talking about a contract extension.

Something is fishy.

tony_come

It's a dirty game

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

tony is underrated

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Puig is a monster

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I supply all the dodgers with juice...

It's new undetectable shit...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

La not going anywhere
    They will win division by 5 games

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    La not going anywhere
    They will win division by 5 games
    At least least .... They will pull away division is rather weak

teaserpleaser

These are the stats you won't to look at

photo image_zps8f035371.jpg

Jefferey13

@teaser- and they kept that ERA letting League come in for relief a few times during blow outs.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

They prolly lose today

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

just imagine if they make it to the world series...

1. crawford lf
    2. puig rf
    3. kemp cf
    4. ramirez ss
    5. gonzalez 1b
    6. ethier dh
    7. aj ellis c
    8. uribe 3b
    9. m. ellis 2b

can't wait...

Jefferey13

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    just imagine if they make it to the world series...

1. crawford lf
    2. puig rf
    3. kemp cf
    4. ramirez ss
    5. gonzalez 1b
    6. ethier dh
    7. aj ellis c
    8. uribe 3b
    9. m. ellis 2b

can't wait...
    Don't forget about their home games when they have the pitcher spot, Greinke hitting .406

nofear1227
    nofear1227's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would rather have the cardinals lineup.

1. Carpenter
    2. Beltran
    3. Holliday
    4. Craig
    5. Molina
    6. Freese
    7. Jay
    8. Kozma

Not to mention having descalso and adams coming off the bench.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

no way. i'll take a healthy dodger's lineup any day.

nofear1227
    nofear1227's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have it your way. I'll take the team with 4 players hitting a legit .300 (3 hitting over .320) Different guy leading in BA, HR, RBI's, and OBP. (Molina, Beltran, Craig, and Carpenter) Instead of just one guy. Not to mention they are in top ten in Runs, BA, OBP, SLG, OPS, Strikeouts (2nd best), also tops in BA with runners in scoring position by about 40 points, and runners in scoring position with two outs by about 50 points.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i'm sold if they are healthy.

NL sucks except for the Cardinals

12 Last