Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

Questions From a NOOB

First and foremost, I want to say thanks to everyone who posts here on SBR.

So, I have some questions I want to throw out there. Any of you guys wanna take a few minutes and answer I would be very grateful. I know there is an area designated for noobs, but I have spent quite a bit of time in this particular forum and there are a lot of folks here who's opinions I value. I know that I will have more an more questions as I move forward and I will just post them all in this thread. Anybody and everybody feel free to chime in...

I have read 1-5% of your BR is what your unit size should be, I personally have been using 4%
    What size unit would you recommend/use?

Recently I have been betting about 20% of my BR every day. Any recommendations on that?

At least you didn't waste your time:
    Name:  hot_girls_101.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  26.3 KB

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of this depends on the size of your bankroll, the amount of plays you make, etc. If you find yourself betting 4-5 games a day, you may want to lower your unit size in half (say 2%). One bad run and your account will be empty in a week. You also may want to consider varying your unit sizes per play (more on the stronger leans of course). 20% sure does seem a bit high for 1 day though, try to at least cut that in half.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how much bankroll you starting with? $ money amount

best advise i can give is tail Benny Big Nuts or Steve Nash.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

if your new at this kid ... leave it to the pros and tail one of us!

also i wouldnt refer to your self as a NOOBE that shit gets the trolls excited and the old timers around here will probably ignore your threads and give ya the old " never fukkin heard of ya pal "

Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

Thanks ShogunRa. I do generally bet 5-6 games a day and will definitely consider lowering unit amount. Starting BR was $500 $20 unit size. Early on I was betting different unit sizes, but that wasn't working out very well. I kept losing the games I went big on. I have had more success betting one unit per game and having a winning day. As time goes by I think I will be more confident with my picks and begin to look for good value games to bet more units. Thanks again, Shogun

Thanks Big Bear. See above for BR size. I do tail Benny frequently. I take a lot of the guys opinions on here and weigh it against my own before making my final decision. There are quite a few beasts around here. As for calling myself a noob, well, I calls em like I sees em. I chose that route because I have literally been doing this for 2 months. The day I joined this site was the day I played my first sports bet at a book. I don't give a damn about trolls, they are entertaining. As far as old-timers passing by my threads, so be it...Thanks for the advice Big Bear