Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Opie1988 says beltre is better than Miguel Cabrera!!

I hope none of you follow his picks......

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Please put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Please put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I agree with bet 10 are you nut's beltre is not even on the same Planet as Cabrera case closed to the bank baby. Cabrera is 1 of the best baseball players of all time

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Defensively Beltre is better.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Yes, but that doesn't make up for the absurd batting numbers. Also cabrera is good at 3rd Semite what people thing. Hes above average defensively.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

what data are you using to suggest cabrera is better than average defensively?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    what data are you using to suggest cabrera is better than average defensively?
    Watch the games, and look at his error total. He's fine there

antifoil
    Update your status

man if you are a baseball scout and can tell a players range from watching tv, why are you posting on a gambling message board? that's crazy scouts have to be there in person so they don't just get the tv cuts. they need to see where the player started and how far he went. you being able to do it from watching a tv cut is pretty amazing. you should contact some MLB teams asap with that skill, of course, don't tell them you think cabrera is an above average defender, they will laugh at you.

also errors are not what makes a good or bad defender. range is more important.

i actually looked it up for you. cabrera is 12 out of 16 active players at 3rd in fielding percentage with at least 1000IP and 500 games. so even using the ridiculous and draconian fielding percentage you are wrong.

also beltre was 8th on that list.
    Last edited by antifoil; 07-15-13 at 01:46 PM.

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

BELTRE IS THE BEST DEFENSIVE THIRD BASEMaN PERIOD END OF STORY. cabrera is the best hitter in the entire league...

antifoil
    Update your status

manny machado is the best defensive 3rd baseman, but it is unfair to the other 3rd baseman because he should be on SS.

Schwang17
    Schwang17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    manny machado is the best defensive 3rd baseman, but it is unfair to the other 3rd baseman because he should be on SS.
    Nice sample size. How many GG's does he have?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    BELTRE IS THE BEST DEFENSIVE THIRD BASEMaN PERIOD END OF STORY. cabrera is the best hitter in the entire league...
    The BULL is pal............PERIOD END OF STORY..................

antifoil
    Update your status

you make a fair point about sample size on his defensive data, currently he is best by a fair amount over the other elite 3rd baseman like longoria. that combined with the info i get from the advanced metric/scouting baseball media lead me to that statement.

however, for you to even mention gold gloves shows how out of touch you are in how to measure defense. gold gloves are voted on by the media meaning they are not objective and not done by people whose job it is to watch players. i mean didn't adam jones beat trout last year in this award? and doesn't jeter have some of these? the sample size on jeters defense quite large and all of it suggest his defense has been a below average defender at SS his entire career.

the signal and the noise.

if gold gloves are only about defense andrelton simmions will be winning these for the foreseeable future.

haha i looked it up and andre eithier has won a gold glove. what a joke award.
    Last edited by antifoil; 07-15-13 at 04:04 PM.

Schwang17
    Schwang17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

GG's weren't the end all, I'm sure Machado will be as good as you say, but to say he's the best defensive 3rd baseman is a stretch. Consistent numbers over the next couple years will prove you right or wrong on that - we aren't there yet, though.