cameron
    cameron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1092

6/9 Early Leans

Rays ML
    This kid Archer is the REAL deal, has absolutely electric stuff. Gibson got his first taste of the AL east his last start and got lit up by the weak yankees. I don't see him outpitching Archer on the road versus a hot Rays squad.

Cards RL- Bud Norris has been awful versus the Cards the last year or 2 and the current squad has very good numbers versus him. Also, Norris is just plain awful away from home this year and during his career. Waino owns the astros for his career, and is pitching at home where's he's been comfortable all year.

PLAY OF THE DAY:
    Yankees ML RL and ARL- James Shield's numbers in July are just abosuletly Mediocare and has already started the regression in his first start. Royals are 8-15 versus lefty's this season and C.C has fared pretty well vs them throughout his career, while Mr. Shields has a 1-6 era at yankee staduim with a 4+ ERA.

Best of Luck to everyone tomorrow.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Bud Norris has been awful versus the Cards the last year or 2 and the current squad has very good numbers versus him.
    That's just not factual.

2012: Norris was 2-3 against the Cards. In 5 games pitched he had a 3.52ERA, gave up 3HR's, issued 10 walks in 30.2 innings and had 31K's. The Cardinals batted .221 off him. Hardly awful.

2011: Norris was 1-1 against the Cards. In 4 games pitched he had a 2.52ERA, gave up 1HR, issued 12 walks in 25 innings and had 17K's. Again, hardly awful.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    That's just not factual.

2012: Norris was 2-3 against the Cards. In 5 games pitched he had a 3.52ERA, gave up 3HR's, issued 10 walks in 30.2 innings and had 31K's. The Cardinals batted .221 off him. Hardly awful.

2011: Norris was 1-1 against the Cards. In 4 games pitched he had a 2.52ERA, gave up 1HR, issued 12 walks in 25 innings and had 17K's. Again, hardly awful.
    Worth checking Norris's home-away splits vs. the Cards. At Busch in 2011 and 2012, he was indeed pretty awful...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post
    Worth checking Norris's home-away splits vs. the Cards. At Busch in 2011 and 2012, he was indeed pretty awful...
    Not disagreeing that he pitches worse on the road. But to say that he just pitches awful against the Cardinals is misleading. There is a reason the total is 7.5 (-120) on the under.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

It true the last 3 at Busch cards got him, but lets remember that after 2 years of cards being only team bud could beat and looked like cy young! Think something to consider is those last 3 at Busch they were still facing each other quite often, is it really more home/road or that just so happened bud got cards in hou week or 2 maybe before he gotta turn around and face them again, that not easy against bad teams let alone offense like cards.. Bud prob be a good addition to a playoff team cause I think he pitches better w spotlight/pressure. He always brought his best vs stl and now he has started doing Same thing to angels who I'm sure was thought of as the big team in that div...cards bats have cooled some besides few spurts, I'd be really surprised if bud didnt pitch a strong game, Holliday might get him for a hr, he starting to make hard contact again. I think 4 max for cards and I'd lean 3, which could very well be enough but it pretty damn expensive for a gm that looks like 3-2 type score a good possibility..

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

In 15 games against the Cardinals Bud Norris is 8-5 with a 2.74 ERA. However I'm not going against the Cards with Waino pitching and especially against the Astros. But that's just my opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8540

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like New York tonight but am surprised to find on Fangraphs that the Royals have the third best BA vs. lefties in MLB this year -- .271.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Royals are the most overrated team in MLB

remember when every single resident sharp was on the Royals on Sunday???

what happened??

whole board burried.

i hate betting on the Yankees but they should win tonight

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PickoMoff View Post
    In 15 games against the Cardinals Bud Norris is 8-5 with a 2.74 ERA. However I'm not going against the Cards with Waino pitching and especially against the Astros. But that's just my opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8540
    Not really suggesting stros. Maybe hou Tt under (cheaper way to back waino, hou scores more than 3 they prob win or at least cover rl).or fat odds on +1.5 maybe worth a look but I don't think there any great play in this gm. If forced I'd either play hou Tt un of hou rl just cause can't pay that price for cards even if it likely they win, as they say where I'm from, "juice isn't worth the squeeze"..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Royals are the most overrated team in MLB

remember when every single resident sharp was on the Royals on Sunday???

what happened??

whole board burried.

i hate betting on the Yankees but they should win tonight
    this is a asinine blanket statement.. You think cause Mendoza got drilled that kc was bad bet or that somehow makes them horrible? I don't really, Obviously betting Mendoza was a gamble but at +130 I thought I had better chance of Mendoza going 5/6 innings and just giving up 4 or less. Not a incredably tall order and something he has only not accomplished 5 times on the season.. Kc a .500 to maybe slightly over .500 team when all said and done. To me kc is starting to look like As did last yr, young get little underestimated, lights out pen, they fight back in gms. They are not overrated. Being +130 at home to oak and milone is not overrated whether they lost that gm or not, bring up how same ppl were winning w kc the day before. Actually since their hot streak been snapped dont think they have won or lost 2 in a row.

cameron

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Not disagreeing that he pitches worse on the road. But to say that he just pitches awful against the Cardinals is misleading. There is a reason the total is 7.5 (-120) on the under.
    My statement was mean't for his statistics at Busch Stadium versus the cardinals.

cameron

Ended up not playings Rays and playing Pirates/A's no score first. Lets get it boys.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Holliday might get him for a hr, he starting to make hard contact again

cameron

Nice day 2-1 on this thread, i ended playing dodgers ML also so 3-1 in total and 4-1 if you followed my rays picks.