Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Monday's MLB Stat of the Day - July 8

Chicago White Sox SP Hector Santiago threw a career-high 123 pitches in his last start - throwing on regular rest Monday night

Santiago has already established a career-high in total innings thrown in a season

I'm not expecting him to be very sharp against the Chicago Cubs

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes if I had a play on this game it would be on the Cubs, especially with Garza starting. Definitely saw some improvements in play against Pittsburg in their recent series. GL

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Yes if I had a play on this game it would be on the Cubs, especially with Garza starting. Definitely saw some improvements in play against Pittsburg in their recent series. GL
    I'm likely going the 5-inning route - Gregg has pitched in back-to-back games

Don't trust another guy in the bullpen to shut things down

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good observation on Santiago. He threw 102 pitches on June 21 and got smoked for 5 ERs in 2.1 IP his next outing. Got some cash on the Cubs for tonight....

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Grant View Post
    I'm likely going the 5-inning route - Gregg has pitched in back-to-back games

Don't trust another guy in the bullpen to shut things down
    Well said, if Garza's command is on, could go late into the game, a lot of first pitch swingers and SOs on the ChiSox, Garza could grind through that lineup with ease, however that remains to be seen FF is a good option.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Sox can't hit the side of a barn, they make the cubs look good. Garza pitching with millions at stake, hoping he's sharp

grantingyou
    grantingyou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Problem with taking the Cubs in this spot is they are horrible against Lefty's, and their bullpen is horrendous.

This is one of those games where the line is very true; therefore it's a no play for me.

Jeff Grant

Just knew Soriano would homer to open up the 6th