Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does Scherzer lose tomorrow? or the 'Over' 8.5

I believe if Scherzer is going to lose, it's going to be against a divisional opponent, Cleveland is playing with house money after that win on Sunday, I'm pretty sure they approach this game with patience and a better approach than their recent 4-game losing streak.

-if this doesn't occur - or does I definitely believe the 'over' could come into play as both these teams seem to be hitting (Cleveland 5 runs avg. over their last 5, and Detroit 7.8 runs avg. last 5) coupled w/ the fact that Scherzer is receiving close to 8 runs of support every start (which is ridiculous hence the 13-0) just some thoughts.....

SHARE OPINIONS.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Forgot to say the line is Cleveland +149 @ home.... pretty good return for a good home team (25-17).

Tonyprofit
    Tonyprofit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit is also the number one play for tomorrow which calls for a fade. I might toss a small play on the ml. good advice.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Patiently waiting for a line of U 9 if I can find it...otherwise no play for me

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Scherzer wins

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

14-0

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

This game is a pass for me.

Look at all the great pitchers who have gotten rocked pitching
    at Cleveland....

Felix Hernandez
    Justin Verlander
    Roy Halladay
    Cliff Lee ( if i remember correctly)

and i'm sure there were others

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expect a strong outing from Scherzer. I doubt the Cleveland bats can touch him up for more than 2 runs. Kazmir is the wild card. Gave up 1 hit to Baltimore over 7 IP a couple of starts ago. Surrendered 1 run to the Reds in late May. Issued just 1 BB in his last 19 IP, which is way out of character for Kazmir. He can get torched pretty good, but he can also show up and deal.

Putting my bucks on the Tigers and hoping it's not a 1-1 nailbiter in the 8th.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

take over or cleveland...

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

I just think situationally we are in a good position for an upset, its not like this is the first time this Cleveland lineup has seen scherzer - remember he was winless in his previous 3 starts with an ERA close to 7 before winning consecutive starts.

As for my lean to the 'over' just a lot of run support for both pitchers, given the atmosphere of this game - who knows it could turn into a pitchers duel, both pitchers receive ample run support in a relatively large sample size, and Scott Kazmir has been receiving close to 8 runs of support in his starts in progressive field.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Awesome rain delay...