whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Since there was controversy with Harper last season and Puig this season, perhaps MLB could include a slot on each roster and a section on the ballot for 'all star rookie'. They are deserving but shouldn't be included with players that have earned it with years of great play.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    Since there was controversy with Harper last season and Puig this season, perhaps MLB could include a slot on each roster and a section on the ballot for 'all star rookie'. They are deserving but shouldn't be included with players that have earned it with years of great play.
    Good idea.

My biggest beef is that fans are not allowed to vote for pitchers

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

freeman leading in votes.

you guys better vote if you want to see puig.

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't believe that puig is deserving after having one hot month. But then again this is the MLB all star game and arguably the best outfielder in the NL (Dominic Brown) wasn't even voted in, luckily Bochy selected him and he will be on the bench.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Here we go with baseball being the "holier than thou" sport again. In the NBA and NFL it would be ok. But in baseball? OMG no no no wow what a catastrophe! Gimme a fukking break. It's an All Star game and he is what people want to see. Get over it

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

Head and Shoulders better than Harper, YES he is an all-star !!!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    freeman leading in votes.

you guys better vote if you want to see puig.
    puig is second and initially youd think that braves fans are blowing their load early on

puig has to be -250 for this thing

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know if I care less about Puig or the All Star game.

I am not a fan and I do not wager on the contest.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

if he's used, he might be the first 'ringer' in all star history

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    I don't know if I care less about Puig or the All Star game.

I am not a fan and I do not wager on the contest.
    atta billy kid

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

The game is for the fans but the winner decides home field advantage in the World Series. It's a dumb concept anyway. It's a popular vote that ends in determining home field, lol. But to answer the question, no I don't think he should be in the all star game. Hanley Ramirez is having a similar month as Puig but he's going to get left off of the team. If Puig gets in you have to let Hanley in because of his month too.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DucksFlyTogethr

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I'm all for him to be out there! But I understand why he wouldnt be, havnig only played a month

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's for the kids, if they want freeman or puig it's all cool with me

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

same situation jeremy lin was in 18 months ago.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    same situation jeremy lin was in 18 months ago.
    there were 22 days and 12 games between when lin started getting minutes and the all star game...hell he was a nothing until february started and the asg was in the same month...he'd also been in the league as a non factor for over a year...not even a rookie

puig had never been seen and instantly became a major factor over 32 games....not like it's a significant amount of time in the big picture but a much bigger chunk of the season than lin

maybe slightly similar but i wouldnt compare the two as being the same ever....i was one of the people posting in here that lin wouldnt be shit in the long run...puig will be a star unless he gets bagged for roids or lying about his age (both very likely)

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    there were 22 days and 12 games between when lin started getting minutes and the all star game...hell he was a nothing until february started and the asg was in the same month...he'd also been in the league as a non factor for over a year...not even a rookie

puig had never been seen and instantly became a major factor over 32 games....not like it's a significant amount of time in the big picture but a much bigger chunk of the season than lin

maybe slightly similar but i wouldnt compare the two as being the same ever....i was one of the people posting in here that lin wouldnt be shit in the long run...puig will be a star unless he gets bagged for roids or lying about his age (both very likely)
    i see where youre coming from drinker. lin played 15% of the season and puig has played 19% of a season. very similar in that respect imo. im all for puig playing. might as well give the fans what they want...not to mention you want the hottest guys playing for the home field aspect.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    puig is second and initially youd think that braves fans are blowing their load early on

puig has to be -250 for this thing
    I think Freeman is winning because he's big on social media and Twitter. His followers are hitting it hard.

With that being said, I think Puig takes it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I think Freeman is winning because he's big on social media and Twitter. His followers are hitting it hard.

With that being said, I think Puig takes it.
    youre not kidding...i just looked at his twitter page and roddy white and the fukkin blue jays are backing him....why the fuk are blue jays helping him?

DucksFlyTogethr
    DucksFlyTogethr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

If one good month got you into the All-Star game then Justin Upton should be in after having one of the best Aprils of all-time. Puig is just the flavor of the month and if he makes it because of the timing of his hot streak it will be a joke (well a bigger joke than the ASG already is).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easyliving, and Chi_archie

yisman

Justin Upton's WAR: .9
    Yasiel Puig's WAR: 2.4

So that's an absolutely terrible argument and a complete joke.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

for

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

I am voting puig

Higher WAR than freeman

Schwang17
    Schwang17's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's the hate on Hunter Pence show I see - he has the best numbers of the group and a shiny World Series ring for you haters...those .270 85,25,90,20 guys sure are terrible LOL
    Last edited by Schwang17; 07-11-13 at 06:04 AM.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Schwang17 View Post
    It's the hate on Hunter Pence show I see - he has the best numbers of the group and a shiny World Series ring for you haters...those .270 85,25,90,20 guys sure are terrible LOL
    Pence shouldn't even be on the list. Gerardo Parra > Pence.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    This is true. Parra has been easily better than Pence this season.

Pence's OBP is lower than the MLB average. That's pathetic for a corner OF. He has one of the lowest OBPs for an OF in all of baseball.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

If people want to see him in why are these old fashion farts so against it?

MLB baseball is a joke, the all-star game counts but it doesnt nor is it taken seriously, stupidest thing ever, but what do you expect from a organazation that still doesnt do full instant replay in 2013.

Oh because it messes up the game how it should be, but ROIDS didnt do that did it?

The records dont mean crap anymore catch up with the times Baseball

Schwang17

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Lol twice as many HR's and steals and a heap more of RBI's too. Get off the WAR craze and look at what's staring you in the face.

Schwang17

Parra is a role player at best. Not worth a long term contract in either league. I'm not saying Pence is elite, but don't be stupid. The Phillies or Giants would never have Parra hitting cleanup in their lineup and that is exactly what Pence has done the last 2-3 years. He gets traded around for a reason, yes, but Parra isn't even in the same conversation year after year. Reality > sabremetrics

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Schwang17 View Post
    Parra is a role player at best. Not worth a long term contract in either league. I'm not saying Pence is elite, but don't be stupid. The Phillies or Giants would never have Parra hitting cleanup in their lineup and that is exactly what Pence has done the last 2-3 years. He gets traded around for a reason, yes, but Parra isn't even in the same conversation year after year. Reality > sabremetrics
    Parra is one of the top if not the best leadoff hitters in the NL. A week or so I heard a stat, when he leads off an inning that isn't the 1st he was hitting over .400. He destroys Pence in most advance stats and he's light years better in the outfield. He's also more than a "role player" on the 1st place team in the NL West. Not 10 games under .500.

Schwang17

Who you gonna throw at me next? Denard Span? Lol

Schwang17

Get back to me when Parra ever gets on a level of hitting 3-4 in a big league lineup. Pence has done it for years. Pence is ranked in the top 60 in fantasy, Parra in the 100's. I hope Kershaw sends another one in his earhole so we don't need to debate this anymore.
    Last edited by Schwang17; 07-11-13 at 04:43 PM.

Schwang17

8 HR's and 60 RBI's are his career highs. Never drawn over 50 walks. Never scored over 60 runs. GTFO with this comparison.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Ok, pal.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by DucksFlyTogethr View Post
    If one good month got you into the All-Star game then Justin Upton should be in after having one of the best Aprils of all-time. Puig is just the flavor of the month and if he makes it because of the timing of his hot streak it will be a joke (well a bigger joke than the ASG already is).
    yep I bet Uptons WAR for April was near 3, but he has sucked so bad since, that it has gone down

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

glad to see Puig not make it

First 12