2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sunday baseball discussion thread

woldnt it be nice to come back for our 2nd one of these threads and have a repeat performance? while i seriously doubt that gonna happen as yesterday was just one of those days where everything went right, i do hope however we can have another solid thread with plenty of ideas and opinions that are well thought out and informative, if we can do that again i dont see why we cant end up with another positive day even if not the beat down we laid on the books in yesterdays edition

once again im not shy so i will jump it off with a play..

kc+130... maybe little superstitious here starting with same team as yesterday (lol).. unlike yesterday i cant give you a bunch of numbers on the royals starter to make ya bream with confidence, fact is mendoza isnt really all that good, he has a solid history vs oak batters but the sample is too small to mention, the one thing mendoza does is he keeps the ball down, with nearly a 1.70 to 1 ground ball to flay ball ratio he will throw his sinker/cutter early and often and when they are moving he can be tuff to center the ball against. On the other side AJ griffin is starting for oak and the good news is he is no prize either, sure he has better swing and miss stuff and a solid k/bb ratio that mendoza could only dream of. while that doesnt sound good for our cause there is another thing about griffin that he does and that is force very few ground outs, in fact 68% of the balls hit against him are hit in the air, the reason this is relevant is while that may play in the cool nights and big dimensions of the Colosseum today in kc it is gonna be warm and muggy with winds gusting out to left/left center at 20mph. in conditions like this i will gladly take the guy that can keep the ball out of the air.. im actually willing to call the starters a wash here even tho i give slight advantage to the sinkerballer today. oak is a .500 road team, however they are 6-0 on the road vs the lastros, take away hou and we are talking about a 17-23 road team being sizable road favs against a young talented kc team that not only has the pen to match the As but a roster full of scrappy players that while streaky are playing hard and on a uptick right now.. i myself give kc just as much a chance to win this gm today as i do oak so ill gladly take the generous plus on a line i feel is based as much on team names as substance....

got a late start on the card so ill be running thru capping it now, as always comments, suggestions, thoughts on this play or any others are not only welcomed but encouraged as most of us are here for the same reason..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I don't know man i have no opinion on Kansas City...

but what do you think about D-Backs -1.5 today? I feel like Corbin should bounce back today b/c good pitchers rarely have 2 bad starts in a row... and Oswalt is a total gas can... also D-Backs swinging hot bats and Cargo might be out of the line-up for Colorado.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Do you like this parlay

$300 to win $977

D-Backs ML, Dodgers ML, Angels ML

2daBank

Havnt made it that far through the card yet.. U know I don't like Corbin tho, don't like Oswalt either tho so you prob ok there., if I was so inclined to bet zona tho I would wait, from my understanding there some heavy hitters that been throwing down on Roy every start which makes sense cause all his lines have nosed dived, don't ask me why cause I don't get it, his k/bb ratio great but he allowing a huge number of fly balls/liners and that doesn't translate well in the stadiums he has pitched in this far including chase..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yeah chase field is definitely a hitters park.... i may wait and see if Cargo is in the line-up ... its says he is day to day and they may rest him with the lefty on the mound.

2daBank

he played yesterday, but corbin has owned him in the few times they have faced..even tho i seriously dislike corbin and think he not half as good as he has been i gotta say these dudes that keep pounding oswalt got me freaking confused? look how cheap it was to play lad with kershaw pitching against him by the end, i swear by gm time you might be able to get dbags -160ish..dudes are insane, clearly they got more money than me cause they been driving these lines big time but for the life of me i dont understand it?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Twins ML
    Braves/Phils under 8'
    Tigers/Tribe over 8'
    ML parlay: Rays + Dodgers
    Rays RL

also like Marlins/Cards under, thinking about R+H+E under 24'

looneytunes
    looneytunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

951 Atlanta Braves -140 for Game
    957 Miami Marlins/St. Louis Cardinals under 7½ for Game

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Twins ML
    Braves/Phils under 8'
    Tigers/Tribe over 8'
    ML parlay: Rays + Dodgers
    Rays RL

also like Marlins/Cards under, thinking about R+H+E under 24'
    i was thinking cards ff under only cause lynn been having one of those innings a lot lately, tough thing is the "lynn inning" has started coming at all different times. think he be pretty good thru 5 and the bad inning comes in 6th, of coarse kinda rolling the dice with a 4 cause that about what the amount of runs a "lynn inning" consist of.. pretty sure ill be on fish full gm today as well, worked out only playing ff yesterday but again dont know when that inning come. read chance yadi out again also..

2daBank

all weekend card has pretty much demanded ya gotta find at least one big fav to trust with a rl, yesterday it was cin on the rl then tb and nats parlayed..today the winner is.

Tampons rl ev... this never gets old, worked like a charm in the hou series and while hou hits lefties not like tb does and while hou threw out lefty starters not of the quality of tampa. so clearly the price is worse (even tho wasnt bad against sale). bottom line is this, chisux really cant hit and when they facing a lefty it down right embarrassing. then you got tampa who feast off lefties as well as any team and they just saw and beat one of the best lefties i the gm, id say that gonna make danks ball look like a beach ball...

no konerko really is devastating to a team that needs someone to hit lhp, take away his 20 abs 10 hits and 2hrs vs price and look what ya got, damn near a carbon copy of how moore treated this team..

David Price Batter vs Pitching Stats

David Price vs. - Next Start: 7/7 1:40 ET vs. CHW
    Chicago White Sox Career statistics vs. David Price
    BATTER AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
    Gordon Beckham 18 1 0 0 0 0 1 3 .056 .150 .056 .206
    Alejandro De Aza 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .333 .333 .333 .667
    Adam Dunn 5 1 0 0 0 1 1 2 .200 .333 .200 .533
    Tyler Flowers 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000 .000 .000 .000
    Conor Gillaspie 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 .333 .333 .333 .667
    Jeff Keppinger 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 .667 .667 .667 1.333
    Paul Konerko 20 10 1 0 2 7 1 2 .500 .524 .850 1.374
    Brent Morel 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .167 .167 .167 .333
    Alexei Ramirez 19 4 0 0 0 0 2 2 .211 .286 .211 .496
    Alex Rios 19 9 2 1 2 7 3 5 .474 .545 1.000 1.545
    Dayan Viciedo 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .000 .000 .000 .000
    Dewayne Wise 5 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .200 .333 .200 .533
    Totals 106 31 3 1 4 16 9 18 .292 .350 .453 .803

as i told someone on chisux yesterday "i understand liking sale but you gotta score to win in this gm" and same holds true here as i just dont see runs for a team barley avg 2 a gm last 10 and hits .229 vs lefties..

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i was thinking cards ff under only cause lynn been having one of those innings a lot lately, tough thing is the "lynn inning" has started coming at all different times. think he be pretty good thru 5 and the bad inning comes in 6th, of coarse kinda rolling the dice with a 4 cause that about what the amount of runs a "lynn inning" consist of.. pretty sure ill be on fish full gm today as well, worked out only playing ff yesterday but again dont know when that inning come. read chance yadi out again also..
    can't blame you at all for backing Fish there, was considering Fish FF. Yadi being out has me a little confused - obviously, he's an asset both offensively and defensively. FF under might be the way to go. i was liking R+H+E under in part because i think that either pitcher could throw up a bunch of zeroes, which obviously works with FF under. BOL today Bank.

you play anything on Wimbledon final? i took the sucker bet and paid too much juice on games over. gripping stuff.

2daBank

oh yea, im a square..joker ml and over lol..

BiffTFinancial

more i look at it, more i like Fish FF.

long-term, i really want to find an angle for incorporating R+H+E

2daBank

is the h/r/e number out? yea i been watching and tailing small with what those guys doing with that prop at ctg, so far been pretty solid.. i dont know if it cause i played fish ff yesterday and dont wanna make same play again or more cause i get the feeling lynn might not have his bad inning till after the 5th? guess i figure taking fish gm and really doesnt matter what innning lynn gives up 3/4 runs cause i think fernandez will hold it..

BiffTFinancial

R+H+E is 24' -115

CTG system does not agree (has like 27.7). i should probably just ride with Fernandez.

bankroll27
    bankroll27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

trust me dodgers are a lock!!!.....as far as the kc/oak game i just cant see oak falling to a weak pitcher like mendoza....their work count and hit way to well...espically coming off a loss

2daBank

kinda bummed..was capping the atl/phi gm and during so started to lean over then did what i should have done from the jump and checked the ump, lol..feel like i wasted 10 min of my life..
    Points Awarded:

bankroll27 gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Im on Pirates+Rays parley

Jays-Twins o9.5

Tigers FF

Fish FF

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think KC's the best play on the board, and you got an outstanding price.

BOL my friend.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bankroll27 View Post
    trust me dodgers are a lock!!!.....as far as the kc/oak game i just cant see oak falling to a weak pitcher like mendoza....their work count and hit way to well...espically coming off a loss
    oak isnt just this dominate team, kc is right there with them and as i said oak not very strong on the road. not sure when we decided oak couldnt lose 2 in a row? dont get me wrong ive bet and won a lot riding the As but i think ya'll getting carried away with the worship if you dont think they can lose 2 road gms in a row to a solid kc team.. hard to work a count when mendoza sinker is working in the bottom of the zone, i watched him slow down a cards offense that every bit as good and patient as As by living on the bottom of the zone and getting them to pound everything into the ground.. while im sure oak get some runs kc will score off griffin as well. late gm ill take kc pens and they seemed to be getting that same knack for winning late that oak has...guess we will see but i think laying the juice on the As in this gm cost you money if they play it 100 times..

far as lad 1st off id rather hear something concrete other than "trust me they are a lock"., nothing a "lock" and even tho i have earned it i dont expect anyone to "trust me" so why you ? secondly sure they should win, i like lad and have bet them quite often lately, imo they are too expensive to bet today, i men last week i got kershaw vs roy stinking oswalt @ coors when the lineup was healthy and i paid -135ish, now you want me to play him -170ish with kemp hurt again in sf who while struggling still a better team than rox? i hope they win for you but that aint my kind of bet.
    Points Awarded:

bankroll27 gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like the Royals, Braves, Mets, Rays and possibly Tribe.

bobertreese11
    bobertreese11's Avatar Become A Pro!

What are yall thinking about arizona rl? i think this is the day corbin finally gets run support off of old man oswalt

Lombatso
    Lombatso's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the phillies/braves under today as well as KC even though I always get ****** no matter how I bet them. I'm going to the Yankees game today can someone give me a lean on what to play. I like the under but will feel like a bonehead if I miss on that given the lineup of baltimore.

bankroll27
    bankroll27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    oak isnt just this dominate team, kc is right there with them and as i said oak not very strong on the road. not
    sure when we decided oak couldnt lose 2 in a row? dont get me wrong ive bet and won a lot riding the As but i think ya'll getting carried away with the worship if you dont think they can lose 2 road gms in a row to a solid kc team.. hard to work a count when mendoza sinker is working in the bottom of the zone, i watched him slow down a cards offense that every bit as good and patient as As by living on the bottom of the zone and getting them to pound everything into the ground.. while im sure oak get some runs kc will score off griffin as well. late gm ill take kc pens and they seemed to be getting that same knack for winning late that oak has...guess we will see but i think laying the juice on the As in this gm cost you money if they play it 100 times..

far as lad 1st off id rather hear something concrete other than "trust me they are a lock"., nothing a "lock" and even tho i have earned it i dont expect anyone to "trust me" so why you ? secondly sure they should win, i like lad and have bet them quite often lately, imo they are too expensive to bet today, i men last week i got kershaw vs roy stinking oswalt @ coors when the lineup was healthy and i paid -135ish, now you want me to play him -170ish with kemp hurt again in sf who while struggling still a better team than rox? i hope they win for you but that aint my kind of bet.

i hear what your saying about the kc game but you do realize mendoza has a pretty high era right?.....as far as the dodgers their lineup is legit right now witht heir ace on the mound coming off a shut out of the rockies in coors..kemp wasnt doing much anyways

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by bobertreese11 View Post
    What are yall thinking about arizona rl? i think this is the day corbin finally gets run support off of old man oswalt
    i like it man. I just hope and pray corbin gave give us a solid outing. If he is indeed a good pitcher he will bounce back today. Usually all a good pitcher needs is a wake up call like his last outing to make him re-focus and come out strong today.

The D-Backs bats are hot ... they scored 11 runs last night they should have a lot of confidence hitting at home today vs Roy Oswalt who has been getting blasted every game so far.

Roy says he's going to be more agressive today so we shall see.

bobertreese11
    bobertreese11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea being more aggressive to him means 92mph meatballs. Colorado can reel off a lot of runs out of nowhere so I might roll with tb and play against awful chitown like bank was talking about. Good luck men

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bankroll27 View Post
    i hear what your saying about the kc game but you do realize mendoza has a pretty high era right?.....as far as the dodgers their lineup is legit right now witht heir ace on the mound coming off a shut out of the rockies in coors..kemp wasnt doing much anyways
    yea it up there, something like 4.41 era or something not terrible not great, other things much more important to me than era tho. ive seen him go solid 5-6 innings vs a few good teams (including a 6 inn 2 run gm vs oak) when the sinker working and as i said while it not consistent from gm to gm it worth the gmable seeing how if he has oak hitting it on the ground while griffin giving up fly balls we have a big edge. even if it not working and he gets hit i wouldnt count out kc scoring off a extreme fly ball pitcher on a day the wind is gusting out..

see i dog kemp a ton but this last week since being moved down to the 6 hole he was really starting to produce and made that lad lineup really deep, now they getting priced off a streak that is over and a lineup that doesnt look as strong to me..dont get me wrong cy kershaw a bad ass and im not trying to go against him, just dont think getting a fair price on lad considering the numbers i have been betting them at..

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

taking a chance on the padres. sometimes strasburg buckles in the heat.

Lombatso
    Lombatso's Avatar Become A Pro!

No leans on yanks game?

cameron
    cameron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1092

Why is everyone on the Royals today? Mendoza is awful in July for his career. I know Griffin cant be a gas can, but you've got to think he'll outpitches Mendoza, don't you?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Lombatso View Post
    No leans on yanks game?
    over the years ive come to realize more often than not im better staying away from their gms.. every now and again i see a play i like but in general i dont mess with them real often..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Kc +120 is my only play today as well...

Let's get it banker

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Why is everyone on the Royals today? Mendoza is awful in July for his career. I know Griffin cant be a gas can, but you've got to think he'll outpitches Mendoza, don't you?
    ive tried to explain my thought process on this, not sure what else to say..here all mendoza's starts this yr..

Luis Mendoza #39 | covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2965.html

2013 Game Log | covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/players/player43276.html

Date Opp S/R Res Scr M/L O/U IP H R ER SO BB HR PIT P/IP G/F
    7/2/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2980.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore355870.html L -104 O 8.5 4.0 6 4 4 2 4 0 86 21.5 5.00
    6/26/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2957.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore355436.html W 114 U 8.5 6.2 5 2 2 6 1 0 101 15.1 2.33
    6/19/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2980.html S L covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore355866.html L 137 O 8 5.0 4 4 4 3 3 1 83 16.6 2.33
    6/14/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2960.html S W covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356535.html W 150 O 8 6.0 7 2 2 3 2 1 92 15.3 2.00
    6/9/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2981.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356326.html W -170 U 8.5 7.0 4 0 0 3 1 0 88 12.6 2.25
    6/4/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2983.html S L covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356531.html L -132 U 8.5 4.1 7 3 3 1 3 1 95 21.9 1.25
    5/29/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2975.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356526.html L 168 P 8 5.2 6 1 1 5 3 1 98 17.3 7.00
    5/24/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2979.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356521.html L 111 U 8.5 5.0 7 1 1 2 4 0 86 17.2 2.33
    5/19/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2969.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356519.html L 151 U 8 6.0 8 3 2 4 0 0 94 15.7 2.50
    5/13/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2979.html S W covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356514.html W 126 O 9 6.0 6 3 3 6 0 0 101 16.8 10.00
    5/8/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2959.html S L covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore354933.html L 132 U 8.5 6.0 5 5 3 2 3 1 93 15.5 2.25
    5/1/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2960.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356509.html W 104 O 7.5 4.0 7 6 6 3 1 3 68 17.0 2.00
    4/24/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2978.html R covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356078.html L 165 O 7.5 2.1 1 0 0 2 3 0 47 20.1 1.50
    4/12/2013 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2984.html S L covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356505.html L -102 O 8 5.2 7 8 7 2 3 0 89 15.7 3.00
    4/6/2013 @ covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/team2958.html S ND covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/results/2013/boxscore356500.html L 104 U 8 6.0 2 1 1 7 3 0 92 15.3 4.00

as you can see there several 6 innings 2/3 run efforts including one vs oak, and honestly only 4 starts on that list that would really hurt royals chances...not asking for mendoza to be a cy young here just asking him to keep the ball down and give me 5/6 innings of 2 to 4 run ball and i think kc offense will be right there against a guy that allows a ton of fly balls with the wind blowing out strong..

2daBank

just gonna split a unit on these cause not sure i have as good a feel for this 1 as i did the 1st 2gms of the series..

fish+156

fish tt ov 3 -105

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

What is everyone's thoughts on the Sunday Night Game? Thinkin Angels.

12 Last