thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Orioles acquire Scott Feldman from Cubs for Jake Arrieta and Pedro Strop

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...bs-source-says

Cubs picked up a few spare parts who likely won't be there for the long haul and some international cash. Don't understand their logic, but I don't care. Thanks for the memories, Strop and Arrieta! Maybe a change of scenery will do you well.

I reckon this means he's not starting tonight at the O.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Cubs won this deal bro. Feldman won't be much of an upgrade in the AL East considering the O's other options. Arrietta has the stuff to be a star. He has a million dollar arm and a .10c head. If he ever gets the upstairs stuff to match his physical tools watch out.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

So more important question: who is pitching for the Baby Bears (Cubs) this evening?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Seems balty forgot what happened last time out that feldman pitched steady in ther american league

Some rather ugly #s back on the rangers staff

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

A's looking even better tonight.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Not sure how I feel about this...

I wonder what the Cubs/A's line will be now...penetrate

thes0vereign

Chris Rusin starting tonight for the Cubs. Oakland now at -200.

whtsox13
    Update your status

Plenty of time to sort this out; have OAK in a parlay (ironically w/ BALT), listed pitchers. Does 5Dimes cancel the wager or just the OAK/CHC game making it a single play on BALT?

mik5058
    mik5058's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4654

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    Plenty of time to sort this out; have OAK in a parlay (ironically w/ BALT), listed pitchers. Does 5Dimes cancel the wager or just the OAK/CHC game making it a single play on BALT?
    It will just cancel the OAK/CHC game making it a single game wager on BAL

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    They will make it a single play

whtsox13
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mik5058 View Post

It will just cancel the OAK/CHC game making it a single game wager on BAL
    Quote Originally Posted by DigBick86 View Post

They will make it a single play
    Bollocks!!! Thanks guys.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Cubs sold on Feldman when his stock was high. Arrieta is not a bad pitcher and I think he will benefit from the change of leagues and put up better numbers. Cubs definitely got a good deal here.

thes0vereign

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Cubs sold on Feldman when his stock was high. Arrieta is not a bad pitcher and I think he will benefit from the change of leagues and put up better numbers. Cubs definitely got a good deal here.
    Fair assessment. I like the move as an O's fan, as we were likely never going to see Arrieta pitch with consistency. The change of scenery should do him well, even if he ends up as a long reliever. Strop was improving recently, but I figured he would be part of the package in most situations where the O's picked up an arm.

Joe Saunders and Randy Wolf did fine for the O's last year, I can only hope Feldman doesn't lose his mojo on the flight to Chicago (to join the Orioles for their series against the White Sox). I predict we'll see him starting on July 4, as the O's have not listed their SP for that game.

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rusin may be in some trouble tonight.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Dan Duquette got bent over by Theo and friends. Not saying Feldman is a bad pickup, but I do not really think he is a large ugrade to the O's internal options. The O's are a team that is ready to contend in the postseason and Feldman's stuff don't play in October. He gives up way too much contact and against offenses that know how to grind that becomes a problem. I think the Cubs won because they are rebuidling and they got a young talented starting pitcher in Arietta they can control for a few more years and give him time to develop in a league where the offenses are more challenged. Bottomline, Cubs are in rebuild mode and they just turned a journeyman type pitcher like Feldman on a 1 yr deal into potential future GOLD in Arietta. This is a typical low risk high reward move that works out more times than not for rebuidling organization's.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Dan Duquette got bent over by Theo and friends. Not saying Feldman is a bad pickup, but I do not really think he is a large ugrade to the O's internal options. The O's are a team that is ready to contend in the postseason and Feldman's stuff don't play in October. He gives up way too much contact and against offenses that know how to grind that becomes a problem. I think the Cubs won because they are rebuidling and they got a young talented starting pitcher in Arietta they can control for a few more years and give him time to develop in a league where the offenses are more challenged. Bottomline, Cubs are in rebuild mode and they just turned a journeyman type pitcher like Feldman on a 1 yr deal into potential future GOLD in Arietta. This is a typical low risk high reward move that works out more times than not for rebuidling organization's.
    I like the way you think man, I completely agree. As an O's fan, I was sitting here scratching my head like...so we made a trade, the Cubs got better for the future, while we attempted to get better for right now....but not sure Feldman was the answer. Was hoping for Matt Garza...ohwell. We also got Steve Clevenger. Only really why that matters to me is because I went to HS with him lol

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Feldman savior balty fans

seriously ya'll i have no clue wtf about Feldman gets ya excited? id feel like my team just did the absolute minimum, dont balty know cubs had matt garza as well? think i would have wanted the guy with the stuff which aint feldman ..

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Feldman savior balty fans

seriously ya'll i have no clue wtf about Feldman gets ya excited? id feel like my team just did the absolute minimum, dont balty know cubs had matt garza as well? think i would have wanted the guy with the stuff which aint feldman ..
    where have you seen any O's fans excited?

DeezusWINSTREAKT
    DeezusWINSTREAKT's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a hortible trade. Arieta better than feldman LOL