Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Blue Jays -1.5 +135

Just one play today boys. Just a short travel home from Boston for Toronto..

The roof will be open today and Dickey loves to let his balls breathe...

Tigers just got shut down by Hell Boy and he kept them off balance all day with his change and curve... and now they gotta face the knuckler...

Tigers like pitchers who throw hard and straight and Dickey is just the guy to keep them off balance.

Alvarez is a GAS CAN and the Jays right about to light his ass up.

Welcome back Jose Reyes! and my boy Kawasaki gonna be playing 2B

He's like the Jermey Lin of baseball.

Jays win big today!!!!

TeeRose
    TeeRose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Let's go Blue Jays!

Iw1nBets
    Ray Rice Is My Nekka
    Iw1nBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

BOL

WiscoBets
    WiscoBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 598

Alright, you've convinced me. On Tor today...

c0mmand0r
    c0mmand0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

tough one..

check out hitters numbers against dickey:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...mode=probables
    click at probables, then at expanded stats
    you also dont know what you get from dickey
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players...gs/2013/174972
    consistent isnt just there

tigers not great on the road and not great against pitcher with speed variation but it's a new series, new hope and they maybe punish these hanging balls of dickey.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i see there is a slight chance of rain today... if so hopefully they will close the roof right away.

The humidity and moisture fukks up the knuckler.

CATA
    CATA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody thinking over ? What does gas can mean ?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by CATA View Post
    Anybody thinking over ? What does gas can mean ?
    it means the pitcher sucks or he is prone to give up a bunch of runs.

Although Alvarez may not be "that"
    bad.

However of all the Tigers pitchers ... i'd rather bet against Alvarez than Fister, Porcello, Verlander , or Scherzer.

The Tigers will probably win this series but today is a good spot for the Jays as long as Dickey is on his game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

4 games series... i predict a split 2-2

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Last year Dickey got rocked against Atlanta during a rainy game...

supposedly the moisture in the air causes the knuckler not to dance...

thats my only worry about this game

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i see there is a slight chance of rain today... if so hopefully they will close the roof right away.

humidity not bad for knuckle from what i understand, no idea about rain. but a minute ago you wanted roof open even tho dickheads best start this yr was inside at the trop..make up your mind bud! lol.. i saw the wind was blowing in so roof open isnt a huge help for the knuckle like it would be if wind was blowing out..not sure im ready to trust dickhead to have b2b solid gms as he been going every other this last month or so..kinda pricey for a guy that hasnt put together 2 quality starts in a row for over a month..why have we determined Alverez is a "gas can"?

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Just one play today boys. Just a short travel home from Boston for Toronto..

The roof will be open today and Dickey loves to let his balls breathe...

Tigers just got shut down by Hell Boy and he kept them off balance all day with his change and curve... and now they gotta face the knuckler...

Tigers like pitchers who throw hard and straight and Dickey is just the guy to keep them off balance.

Alvarez is a GAS CAN and the Jays right about to light his ass up.

Welcome back Jose Reyes! and my boy Kawasaki gonna be playing 2B

He's like the Jermey Lin of baseball.

Jays win big today!!!!
    HAHA cuz he sucks but he's Asian so 1/3 of the world likes him? I was in China last month and they still go ape shit over Lin. Funnnyyyyy stuff.

Kidding, I like kawasaki's work ethic and ability to take 10+ pitches almost every at bat.

Bluedragon

Guessing you don't get to Toronto in the summer ever. All we have is bullshit humid heat. No such thing as dry heat here.

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    humidity not bad for knuckle from what i understand, no idea about rain. but a minute ago you wanted roof open even tho dickheads best start this yr was inside at the trop..make up your mind bud! lol.. i saw the wind was blowing in so roof open isnt a huge help for the knuckle like it would be if wind was blowing out..not sure im ready to trust dickhead to have b2b solid gms as he been going every other this last month or so..kinda pricey for a guy that hasnt put together 2 quality starts in a row for over a month..why have we determined Alverez is a "gas can"?

Wind in the park is not a huge factor. The park walls are so damn high dude. It's a massive place. 55,000. Even if you do see Dickey's god-awful hair blowing, there is never any "winds" in there, just breezes.

Bluedragon

Last year Dickey got rocked against Atlanta during a rainy game...

supposedly the moisture in the air causes the knuckler not to dance...

thats my only worry about this game
    moisture = thicker air so I can kind of believe that actually

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    HAHA cuz he sucks but he's Asian so 1/3 of the world likes him? I was in China last month and they still go ape shit over Lin. Funnnyyyyy stuff.

Kidding, I like kawasaki's work ethic and ability to take 10+ pitches almost every at bat.
    gotta have someone like that when your center fielder gives away at bats for fun.... how is Colby doing these days anyway, think i actually saw he has decent numbers at one point and was kinda surprised, he still pout like a little bitch and look indifferent in the outfield at times? that kid drove me crazy when he was here..

2daBank

Wind in the park is not a huge factor. The park walls are so damn high dude. It's a massive place. 55,000. Even if you do see Dickey's god-awful hair blowing, there is never any "winds" in there, just breezes.
    huh...i seriously didnt know that but since you mention it i have seen a strong wind blowing in on the weather page a ton of times and ball still flying out, thanx for pointing that out i will make a note of that.. wasnt suggesting any wind any direction was bad for dickey but i know that whenever i can get a knuckle ball guy with a wind blowing out against the pitch i feel pretty strongly that his ball will be dancing....

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone have the status of the the roof being opened or closed?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Uhh explain to me how Alvarez is a "gas can" ??

In 3 starts he has an era under 4 giving up 1, 2 and 4 runs in those 3 starts

Common bear for a guy who posts all day long you gotta know what you're talking about

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

moisture = thicker air so I can kind of believe that actually
    yeah thats what the announcer said last year when he was getting hit hard in the rain.

It looks like only a slight chance of rain today

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

Common bear for a guy who posts all day long you gotta know what you're talking about
    If you wait until the stats back up your assesment then its too late. You gotta stay ahead of the curve.

i am not the least bit impressed with Alvarez stuff.

I would never bet against Verlander or Sherezer.

Only 3 Tigers pitchers i will fade is Alvarez , Fister, and Porcello. And belive me i hate betting against the Tigers offense but the knuckler can give them problems.

Alvarez probably goes 5-6 innings today and then hands it over to the shitty pen

Dickey probably going 8 or 9 innings as the knuckler does not tire him out.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Taking Detroit. Really don't trust Dickey.I feel Detroit should outhit toronto today.

ThingsFallApart

Adam Lind is sitting, he's the only consistent bat in this lineup. Games a toss up on the total and the sides. Pass.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I like the OVER here.

ThingsFallApart

Roof open and Lind sitting. I may have to take DET here.

CATA
    CATA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

I will tail patty red hot cant lose. so, over, under, BJ or tigers what u got ?

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Det hit Dickey as a team with 5 HR's and 371 BA.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

detriot plus money, game a toss up

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you wait until the stats back up your assesment then its too late. You gotta stay ahead of the curve.

i am not the least bit impressed with Alvarez stuff.

I would never bet against Verlander or Sherezer.

Only 3 Tigers pitchers i will fade is Alvarez , Fister, and Porcello. And belive me i hate betting against the Tigers offense but the knuckler can give them problems.

Alvarez probably goes 5-6 innings today and then hands it over to the shitty pen

Dickey probably going 8 or 9 innings as the knuckler does not tire him out.
    Bear.

The Tigers lineup for todays game comes up as extremely competent against the knuckler. Fangraph career stats show most in the lineup today as a plus knuckler hitter. Some are extremely plus. Martinez and Fielder are right around even with it.

I hope you get lucky here but there is not much to support your position given the fan graph information and the career batting stats.

On the other side of the coin Alvarez' skill set is likely to expose a few holes in the Jays lineup. The Jays approach to lefties this year has been terrible. The kid's out pitch is a nasty change up. The Jays as a team show terribly against that pitch and today's lineup has only one plus hitter against that in Rajai Davis. The Jays also are poor against hurlers they have never seen before.

You never know with the knuckler but I can't ride with you here.

Good luck though.

2daBank

not sure how the hell you can look at alvarez's k/9 rate throughout his minor league career and act like you ahead of the curb saying his stuff not good? and 3 big league starts he still at 7 k/9 and his walk rate has never been a red flag type number, so based off him having a strong strikeout to walk ratio in the minors and seemingly carrying that over to the bigs thus far i again have to question what exactly makes you think you ahead of the curb in predicting this kid to be a gas can? all i could gather was it cause he doesnt throw as hard as sherzer or verlander? anything else? he does have a 14 mph difference between his change and fastball, believe it or not you dont have to be a flamethrower to be a effective pitcher..

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

DET has won 6 of last 7 vs TOR, 4 of last 6 in Rogers Centre. On Canada Day Jays are 11W-22L overall and 9W-13L at home.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Adam Lind is a lefty so him being out does not really matter.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Adam Lind is a lefty so him being out does not really matter.
    Lind has better numbers this season vs lefties over righties, but with less at bats.

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    gotta have someone like that when your center fielder gives away at bats for fun.... how is Colby doing these days anyway, think i actually saw he has decent numbers at one point and was kinda surprised, he still pout like a little bitch and look indifferent in the outfield at times? that kid drove me crazy when he was here..
    You mean Colby Swingateverything Rasmus? Still swinging at the worst pitches possible. There was one in the first game in Boston that literally bounced BEFORE the plate, like a cricket pitch, and he swung at it AFTER it bounced. It didn't even register on that "pitchtrax" thing because it didn't even make it to the plate. NOT A WORD OF A JOKE

123 Last