2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    You mean Colby Swingateverything Rasmus? Still swinging at the worst pitches possible. There was one in the first game in Boston that literally bounced BEFORE the plate, like a cricket pitch, and he swung at it AFTER it bounced. It didn't even register on that "pitchtrax" thing because it didn't even make it to the plate. NOT A WORD OF A JOKE
    yep that would be the guy and i know you serious, lol..i remember when cards shipped him up to ya'll somebody here acted like i was retarded telling him he didnt want this kid but he insisted jays just made the steal of the century and rasmus was gonna blossom into a HOF type player, cause for some reason he seemed to think cards make a habit of dealing young players that are gonna turn into all stars and that clearly all colby needed was to get away from the horrible baseball environment in stl (lol) so he could blossom. lmfao..forget 5 tools you can have 6 tools if yea a gutless, spoiled, pampered, crybaby ya never gonna be big time.. is his daddy up there yelling that it everyone's fault but his kids that he a failure?

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yep that would be the guy and i know you serious, lol..i remember when cards shipped him up to ya'll somebody here acted like i was retarded telling him he didnt want this kid but he insisted jays just made the steal of the century and rasmus was gonna blossom into a HOF type player, cause for some reason he seemed to think cards make a habit of dealing young players that are gonna turn into all stars and that clearly all colby needed was to get away from the horrible baseball environment in stl (lol) so he could blossom. lmfao..forget 5 tools you can have 6 tools if yea a gutless, spoiled, pampered, crybaby ya never gonna be big time.. is his daddy up there yelling that it everyone's fault but his kids that he a failure?
    There was talk that his dad was gonna be like that but RIGHT OFF THE BAt (no pun intended) he was called by radio shows and everything here and they called him out on that!! He was present for the first few weeks and everryyoonneee was writing/talking about how he is a problem child and him/his dad combo is lethal and I swear him gettting flat out asked those questions, Are you gonna be interfering, your reuptation sucks, are you going to carry it over here with your son, etc. kind of put him in his place and I haven't heard him even mentioned since then. Funny.

Bluedragon

His claim to fame as a Grand-S on his b-day. All downhill from there.

2daBank

that is funny..he had a habit of thinking he should be the hitting coach cause after all he did coach high school baseball, lol..then he would randomly call radio shows and put whole organization on blast for how it everyone else fault that his kid lazy in the field and hoovers the mendoza line with the bat.. by time cards shipped him they would have took a can of dip as compensation. turns out we got zipzhenski whatever the penetrate his name is who stinking up the minors but better than having rasmus around plus trade solidified pen for the world series run that yr.. i just wanna remember who it was that had a 10 page argument with me insisting how jays won that trade, i know he would have bumped if rasmus actually did develop but no one who watched him thought that was possible..

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is funny..he had a habit of thinking he should be the hitting coach cause after all he did coach high school baseball, lol..then he would randomly call radio shows and put whole organization on blast for how it everyone else fault that his kid lazy in the field and hoovers the mendoza line with the bat.. by time cards shipped him they would have took a can of dip as compensation. turns out we got zipzhenski whatever the penetrate his name is who stinking up the minors but better than having rasmus around plus trade solidified pen for the world series run that yr.. i just wanna remember who it was that had a 10 page argument with me insisting how jays won that trade, i know he would have bumped if rasmus actually did develop but no one who watched him thought that was possible..
    That trade got them to the WS. They added an inning eating starter and a couple of relievers. There is 0 chance they make it through probably the three best hitting teams that year without the trade.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    You mean Colby Swingateverything Rasmus? Still swinging at the worst pitches possible. There was one in the first game in Boston that literally bounced BEFORE the plate, like a cricket pitch, and he swung at it AFTER it bounced. It didn't even register on that "pitchtrax" thing because it didn't even make it to the plate. NOT A WORD OF A JOKE
    I'm not a fan of his mechanics..

very out of control. too many moving parts.

49erFan8280
    49erFan8280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

Best of luck to you Big Bear, I just can't pick a side for this one.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

$$ expectedly hitting Detroit with bout 10-12 mins to 1st pitch. I'm thinking books are gonna need the Birds in this one when all is said and done.

Need the J"s (I like that name) myself.

Make it happen Bear

ThingsFallApart

Sides are DUMPING right now. Detroit down from +127 a few mins ago to +116.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Edwin e scratched from lineup.

ThingsFallApart

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    Edwin e scratched from lineup.
    He's only hitting lefties at .230 and was batting .220 the past week. Not a big deal but I see this is the reason for the $$$ rush

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yeah Encarnacion was in the original lineup, batting third and DHing.

At about 12:50, they scratched him. Arencibia is DHing now.

The start has been delayed due to a bunch of celebration nonsense (it's Canada Day). That's also why they're playing on Monday afternoon, which is very unusual.

Bluedragon

Ew. Arencibia is DHing? Disgusting. Just gross. He couldn't hit a beach ball right now.

Bluedragon

Davis, Rasmus, Thole, Kawasaki, Arencibia will all be swinging the bats today

combined average of like .056

just gross

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    That trade got them to the WS. They added an inning eating starter and a couple of relievers. There is 0 chance they make it through probably the three best hitting teams that year without the trade.
    dont think edwin jackson had anything to do with the rasmus deal if remeber correctly but yea no way that run happens w/o it cause cards pen was a disaster before that move, dotel came along n deal and was freaking great, zipper was good that yr then has never regained it again, might have been 1 more guy i forget but rasmus being traded won cards a ws no doubt and it left jays with a headache cards fans know all about..

yisman

that Rasmus trade was funny because Jackson was the primary piece STL got back. He wound up being junk (and then the Cubs gave him a terrible contract), but the relievers STL got Toronto to add ended up being huge. Rypzienski or whatever and another guy.

I still think STL should've gotten more back for Rasmus (Edwin Jackson?????), but it did wind up working out for them. Rasmus was a commodity back then. He's less valuable now because he's continued to struggle, but back then he was 24 and his previous season he had put up pretty good numbers.

yisman

dont think edwin jackson had anything to do with the rasmus deal if remeber correctly but yea no way that run happens w/o it cause cards pen was a disaster before that move, dotel came along n deal and was freaking great, zipper was good that yr then has never regained it again, might have been 1 more guy i forget but rasmus being traded won cards a ws no doubt and it left jays with a headache cards fans know all about..
    The trade was:

On July 27, 2011, Rasmus was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays along with P. J. Walters, Brian Tallet and Trever Miller for Edwin Jackson, Octavio Dotel, Marc Rzepczynski and Corey Patterson.[13][14]

Patterson was a known crappy player. I guess the point was to give the Cards bench filler now that they were losing an OF. Miller was a real throw in because STL didn't really need him anyway. Same for Tallet. It was really Walters and Rasmus for Jackson/Dotel/Rzep

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    that Rasmus trade was funny because Jackson was the primary piece STL got back. He wound up being junk (and then the Cubs gave him a terrible contract), but the relievers STL got Toronto to add ended up being huge. Rypzienski or whatever and another guy.

I still think STL should've gotten more back for Rasmus (Edwin Jackson?????), but it did wind up working out for them. Rasmus was a commodity back then. He's less valuable now because he's continued to struggle, but back then he was 24 and his previous season he had put up pretty good numbers.
    are we sure jackson was part of the rasmus deal? maybe he was in a 3 way with chisux? either way edwin was big for cards as well in that second half duncan worked a little of his scrapheap magic on him and for most part he was very good and ate a tone of innings, i remeber 1 gm against mil he got shelled but still gave cards 8 innings to rest pen.. dotel was really the most important part of the deal, zipper did his part but dotel was awesome (tht was the larussa/duncan ped plan there )

yisman

are we sure jackson was part of the rasmus deal?
    He was. He was in a 3 way because Toronto got him in order to deal for Rasmus. So you could call it a three way or just two different trades. Toronto knew STL wanted him

BTW, Encarnacion questionable for tomorrow. Hamstring injury.

yisman

are we sure jackson was part of the rasmus deal? maybe he was in a 3 way with chisux? either way edwin was big for cards as well in that second half duncan worked a little of his scrapheap magic on him and for most part he was very good and ate a tone of innings, i remeber 1 gm against mil he got shelled but still gave cards 8 innings to rest pen.. dotel was really the most important part of the deal, zipper did his part but dotel was awesome (tht was the larussa/duncan ped plan there )
    He did eat innings but the trade was funny to me because he sucked in the playoffs (not surprising), but the Cards were said to have won the trade anyway because the two bullpen arms were key and of course Rasmus has continued to disappoint.

yisman

Jackson wound up pitching 17 and 2/3 innings in the playoffs. 19 hits, 9 walks, four homers, 12 Ks. ERA of about 5.5

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

can someone tell me how to watch the mlb.tv game of the day from an iphone without having a paid for account?

yisman

if you're logged in to your mlb.com account it should let you. Still need an account, even if it's not paid for.

ThingsFallApart

Congrats. This one is over, it was a fun buildup.

harvesthazard
    harvesthazard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    Congrats. This one is over, it was a fun buildup.
    I like the fact that the Tigers are making contact on DICKHEAD. However, if Toronto gets blessed with the Kitties bullpen, I may prove to be a long afternoon for Detroit.

Gus Fring

Gotta get in the tigers pen for this to have a shot

Gus Fring

8-2 Boom! Now don't penetrate up Dickey!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Mark fukkin de rosa goes long!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

so far so good. keep it up Dickey

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Bear = God.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Bear = God.
    no way. i'm just a humble guy blessed with a lot of baseball knowledge and i'm trying to make yall money.

Gus Fring

TeeRose
    TeeRose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Nice one Money Bear!

Bluedragon

Great calls folks and bear!

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

hahahha nothing like taking under 10.5 runs live in play and giving up a home run with two outs top of the 9th. penetrate me.

First 123 Last