Hardbodyfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Jays Under Lots of Vaule

Weathers Perfect For The Under

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

i would stay away from under... jays at home..

Hardbodyfacts
    Hardbodyfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I Know But Weather Is Perfect Winds 11MPH

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

It's spelled value not vaule

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

haha the vaule is in the over.. its canada day and tdot is hot at home... even tho no fire power from lind

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbodyfacts View Post
    I Know But Weather Is Perfect Winds 11MPH

11mph isnt much wind. More importantly if you're going for the weather angle, you have to see what direction it's blowing. If those flags are blowing out to center, that under can backfire.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    11mph isnt much wind. More importantly if you're going for the weather angle, you have to see what direction it's blowing. If those flags are blowing out to center, that under can backfire.
    I disagree, 11mph winds is pretty significant in most places. Hard to figure out stadium though, wind supposedly has less of an effect because of the high walls, yet balls are flying out of there.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP
    GoldGlove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Wind blowing from the RF to the LF

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

toronto is a home run paradise, ball just sails there

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Learn your stadiums boys. That place is a wind tunnel with the roof open. See here where the roof stacks up and tell me about the wind after that

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Learn your stadiums boys. That place is a wind tunnel with the roof open. See here where the roof stacks up and tell me about the wind after that

Nah man. Not a wind tunnel at all. Been to countless games. Barely ever feel any breeze. Look how high the stadium rises. Not a wind tunnel by any means IMO

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    Nah man. Not a wind tunnel at all. Been to countless games. Barely ever feel any breeze. Look how high the stadium rises. Not a wind tunnel by any means IMO
    yea but really doesnt matter what wind doing the ball always flys with roof opened correct? i mean op saying perfect weather cause of a 11 mph wind id assume he thinks is blowing in which really not a nig deal most places but i know it not here cause ive seen the wind needle on my site saying hard in in tor and ball still flys out, like someone told me earlier that i never really knew but makes sense that wind doesnt get to field much with those high ass walls.

billysink

Brother. You sitting down in a box telling folk you don't feel a breeze is entertaining. You sitting in a damn chair not flying through the air @ 50-85 ft.

There is a vacum extending 30-40 feet toward second base in that outfield because no wind can permeate the roof structure. Whether blowing in or out, air is going to flow towards that dead space.

The place is a launch pad period with the roof open. Every park factor stat in creation supports that.
    Last edited by billysink; 07-01-13 at 11:31 AM.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP
    GoldGlove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

BJ's stadium is 4th when it comes to runs scored this season.

2daBank

Brother. You sitting down in a box telling folk you don't feel a breeze is entertaining. You sitting in a damn chair not flying through the air @ 50-85 ft.

There is a vacum extending 30-40 feet toward second base in that outfield because no wind can permeate the roof structure. Whether blowing in or out, air is going to flow towards that dead space.

The place is a launch pad period with the wind open. Every park factor stat in creation supports that.
    i wish we could clone you and inject some more posters worth a fukk into this dump..new sbr idea, when someone signs up they have to read at least 500 billysink post and then turn in a copy of their 1st post and prove they capable of posting something worth reading..

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Windy field would help Dickey I'd think.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

will the roof be open or closed?

looks like it's gonna rain.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Windy field would help Dickey I'd think.
    only blowing out but as has been mentioned it seems that it not as windy on the field but more in air above.. either way dont think it blowing out anyway which is really only way it helps it dance far as i know..

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i wish we could clone you and inject some more posters worth a fukk into this dump..new sbr idea, when someone signs up they have to read at least 500 billysink post and then turn in a copy of their 1st post and prove they capable of posting something worth reading..
    Its all good banker. I am here to help and to learn myself. Don't be too hard on folk, they will prove themselves capable of learning if they want. Some just want to talk ball and we can point them in the right direction.

Some posters have varying degrees of interest in this stuff. Some are fans, others hobbyists, others serious investors.

If they want a pointer or two, I can help.

If not I can fukkin talk shit like a champ too.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like dome is closed fellas

jsleeeee
    Money is evil
    jsleeeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

theres just value in the under 9 even without the weather affecting the game.
    Im on under 9 as well.

Allen24
    Allen24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

jays line went from -135 to -130?

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    looks like dome is closed fellas
    The twitter account said open this morning. Unless they've closed it recently you may be wrong that.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Allen24 View Post
    jays line went from -135 to -130?
    be in the teens by first pitch

Bluedragon

The place is a launch pad period with the roof open. Every park factor stat in creation supports that.
    At field level though brother? I think the initial discussion was how it would affect Dickey's pitches, not the bats. I don't think the wind affects pitches much at field level. When the ball is in the air, that's different. What do you think?

I don't sit in boxes either lol...if you do, hook a brother up!

billysink

At field level though brother? I think the initial discussion was how it would affect Dickey's pitches, not the bats. I don't think the wind affects pitches much at field level. When the ball is in the air, that's different. What do you think?

Dragon you get to Detroit and I got you covered.

I did not comment on Dickey because to be quite honest I would just be making shit up. Ain't nothing like a knuckleballer to make a damn liar out of everyone.

Know the batted ball at Rogers pretty good though.

2daBank

i think this 100% spot on from the sounds of it. and yea field level was my concern, i didnt know what effect wind had on hit balls or why but always known doesnt really matter what direction wind blowing the ball jumps with roof opened..and as i said i didnt realize how the walls kept wind from effecting field level but makes a ton of sense as to why dickhead been clobbered by pretty much every good offense he has faced at rodgers and now i know to only look for a wind blowing out situation where the knuckle dances more when he on the road..det has a combined .371 ba against dickhead and think alvarez changeup that jays have never seen will keep them off balance for a while at least..no desire to get involved in a pen war cause det brings a stapler to a gunfight in that regard so i played tigers ff +125...your post were really helpful, between ou and billy think i have a much better understanding or rodgers center than i did before..

Bluedragon

Dragon you get to Detroit and I got you covered.

I did not comment on Dickey because to be quite honest I would just be making shit up. Ain't nothing like a knuckleballer to make a damn liar out of everyone.

Know the batted ball at Rogers pretty good though.
    Yes the batted ball flies here.

I think when I was talking about the wind it was because we were discussing the wind making dickey's pitch "dance" but I was simply saying that once the wind hits pitch-level it is almost, ALMOST, non-existent.

Oh you're in detroit eh? I have only ever been a couple of times. To Dearborn as well haha for hockey tourney.

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i think this 100% spot on from the sounds of it. and yea field level was my concern, i didnt know what effect wind had on hit balls or why but always known doesnt really matter what direction wind blowing the ball jumps with roof opened..and as i said i didnt realize how the walls kept wind from effecting field level but makes a ton of sense as to why dickhead been clobbered by pretty much every good offense he has faced at rodgers and now i know to only look for a wind blowing out situation where the knuckle dances more when he on the road..det has a combined .371 ba against dickhead and think alvarez changeup that jays have never seen will keep them off balance for a while at least..no desire to get involved in a pen war cause det brings a stapler to a gunfight in that regard so i played tigers ff +125...your post were really helpful, between ou and billy think i have a much better understanding or rodgers center than i did before..
    Quote of the day brother! hahaha.

billysink

Yes the batted ball flies here.

I think when I was talking about the wind it was because we were discussing the wind making dickey's pitch "dance" but I was simply saying that once the wind hits pitch-level it is almost, ALMOST, non-existent.

Oh you're in detroit eh? I have only ever been a couple of times. To Dearborn as well haha for hockey tourney.
    Prolly stayed in that damn dump of a Doubletree, Right off Southfield freeway.

Come on down anytime pal. I can get chairs at will here.

Bluedragon

Prolly stayed in that damn dump of a Doubletree, Right off Southfield freeway.

Come on down anytime pal. I can get chairs at will here.
    That DOES ring a bell...

I saw the biggest street brawl of my life in Dearborn.

Thanks brother, invitation is reciprocated. Better beer and bud here lol

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Dickey looks good today. This looks like a winner

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    Dickey looks good today. This looks like a winner
    gus why do i get the feeling you may struggle with premature ejaculation from time to time

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Anyone have sources or hard evidence on breaking down wind in Tor? High walls minimize wind even for fly balls? Should wind mostly be ignored and and just apply the park factors regardless of wind conditions?

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

I have small play on the under not because of weather but metrics actually show both SP are pitching well.

12 Last