No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why don't managers bunt after leadoff doubles anymore?

I just don't get it. Reds get a leadoff double in a 4-4 game and he just stands there as they flail away and don't even advance him to third. When did this strategy become antiquated? Just stupid if you ask me -- I suppose it's because no one knows how to bunt anymore.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i guess in 8th case can be made, id prob rather not see cards do it but everyone in that lineup would take the ball the opposite way and advance the runner at worst..i mean i guess dusty figures even if they bunt him to 3rd then he needs someone to actually take a good ab still which doubtful..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i guess in 8th case can be made, id prob rather not see cards do it but everyone in that lineup would take the ball the opposite way and advance the runner at worst..i mean i guess dusty figures even if they bunt him to 3rd then he needs someone to actually take a good ab still which doubtful..
    Exactly. It's not like these dipshits with inflated egos would actually do something -- anything -- to get the guy to third with one out.

Dusty is such an awful manager.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Exactly. It's not like these dipshits with inflated egos would actually do something -- anything -- to get the guy to third with one out.

Dusty is such an awful manager.
    i need some1 to hit damn hr and win.. these assholes have so many errors that they threatening my h/r/e un 29.5

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

i haven't seen the red sox bunt in 35 yrs (my whole lifetime)