Grizzlies918
    Grizzlies918's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

A concept I'll never understand

Why do you throw a breaking pitch in the dirt with the tieing or go ahead run on third base?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

I don't think that it's completely off-limits, but you have to have a catcher you can trust (pitcher doesn't hurt either). So, when it's Wainwright throwing to Yadi Molina, you have that option. When it's Ubaldo Jiminez to Carlos Santana, very very risky.

Grizzlies918

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    I don't think that it's completely off-limits, but you have to have a catcher you can trust (pitcher doesn't hurt either). So, when it's Wainwright throwing to Yadi Molina, you have that option. When it's Ubaldo Jiminez to Carlos Santana, very very risky.
    I guess I can understand if it's someone like Molina or Mauer, but not a John Jaso.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlies918 View Post
    I guess I can understand if it's someone like Molina or Mauer, but not a John Jaso.
    No argument here, esp if it's 7th inning or later. Jaso isn't in there for leather, that's for sure (that's why A's have Norris). You could probably justify making the same pitch with Norris, but it's a lot less risky. Guys like Molina and Mauer take genuine pride in their fielding and it's almost as if they are playing a different position than some of the bat-first catchers.

Grizzlies918

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    No argument here, esp if it's 7th inning or later. Jaso isn't in there for leather, that's for sure (that's why A's have Norris). You could probably justify making the same pitch with Norris, but it's a lot less risky. Guys like Molina and Mauer take genuine pride in their fielding and it's almost as if they are playing a different position than some of the bat-first catchers.
    Agreed. Some forget that Mauer is such a good defensive catcher. He's arguably a better defensive catcher than he is with his bat.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlies918 View Post
    Agreed. Some forget that Mauer is such a good defensive catcher. He's arguably a better defensive catcher than he is with his bat.
    Mauer is arguably still the best catcher in baseball just on a horrible team ... This guy if healthy could put up incredible numbers

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Mauer is arguably still the best catcher in baseball just on a horrible team ... This guy if healthy could put up incredible numbers
    Agree that Mauer is awesome. If i had to choose, i'd probably go with Yadi, but honestly, each is easily one of the most important players in the game (and not often mentioned as such).

DeezusWINSTREAKT
    DeezusWINSTREAKT's Avatar Become A Pro!

How bout Wieters??? Orioles

Grizzlies918

Quote Originally Posted by DeezusWINSTREAKT View Post
    How bout Wieters??? Orioles
    Another good one

hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

you mad OP?