zinger
    zinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

You can't compare the Pirates this year to last. Last year at this point, they were three games above .500. This year? They are eighteen games above .500. They never got to this point last year. They completely collapsed last year in July and ended up what? 79 - 83? I find it really hard to believe that they won't be able to finish past .500.

Will they collapse this year? I doubt it. Look at their starting rotation. AJ and Wandy, their two aces are on the DL and they are still winning games. The bullpen is incredible. Everything is working this year.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. Slow ur roll Archie. U know I've been a big supporter of bucs fans around here for years but u need to just be happy w 2nd and a wild card spot! Lol

Im rooting for the cards to hold off the reds for 2nd, but either way both cards and reds have a nice wild card lead as they battle it out for 2nd
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WvGambler

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Im rooting for the cards to hold off the reds for 2nd, but either way both cards and reds have a nice wild card lead as they battle it out for 2nd
    I agree here. Both the Reds and Cards have nice little ball clubs. Wild Card is respectable. They're fans can be proud.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Pirates are a good team. I saw their only hit (single) live when they played the Braves in Atlanta in the top of the 8th from 30 feet away.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Pirates are a good team. I saw their only hit (single) live when they played the Braves in Atlanta in the top of the 8th from 30 feet away.
    Pirates are VERY good this year.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

On pace for a 100 win season.

Can they keep this momentum?

petey5
    petey5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16965

I think 100 wins will be really tough but they are legit this year. They will hang with the Reds and Cards all year.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post

I agree here. Both the Reds and Cards have nice little ball clubs. Wild Card is respectable. They're fans can be proud.

Lol.. U guys are cute. All these years of me having my pit guys backs, hoping, praying ya'll finally finish over .500 just bleeding w ya'll hoping one day ya overtake the reds to be cards new rival if only cause ya'll pit cats at least know baseball which more than I can say for most reds fans (if they have any, can't tell by attendance numbers, lol), after all that you gonna go all crazy and say cards have a nice little team and compete w reds for wildcard?? I can't let this slide although obviously u joking it becomes tasteless when u lump my cards the kings of the div, the team everyone else wants to be their rival, the team that has seen every1 from the Astros to the brewers to reds and now you guys rise up and hope to carve ur little speck of history on cards mountain before falling back down as birds wait for next club to catch lightning and challenge for a few years. I hope ya'll really have arrived cause Cincy had grown tiresome, I mean the years cards even let them in they continually embarrass the division with their pathetic playoff exits. So while still a little premature let me be 1st to welcome ya to the big boy table, yes it is true the air is just a little better up here, don't be alarmed when u feel a cool crisp air at the gm, that is what we call meaningful fall baseball, the beer taste better, everything smells better. Hopefully u will soon know the feeling just be warned we hear from mil fans once u get your temporary membership revoked its worse than never even being here, so careful what u wish for as scrubbie fans can attest sometime ignorance is bliss

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Lol.. U guys are cute. All these years of me having my pit guys backs, hoping, praying ya'll finally finish over .500 just bleeding w ya'll hoping one day ya overtake the reds to be cards new rival if only cause ya'll pit cats at least know baseball which more than I can say for most reds fans (if they have any, can't tell by attendance numbers, lol), after all that you gonna go all crazy and say cards have a nice little team and compete w reds for wildcard?? I can't let this slide although obviously u joking it becomes tasteless when u lump my cards the kings of the div, the team everyone else wants to be their rival, the team that has seen every1 from the Astros to the brewers to reds and now you guys rise up and hope to carve ur little speck of history on cards mountain before falling back down as birds wait for next club to catch lightning and challenge for a few years. I hope ya'll really have arrived cause Cincy had grown tiresome, I mean the years cards even let them in they continually embarrass the division with their pathetic playoff exits. So while still a little premature let me be 1st to welcome ya to the big boy table, yes it is true the air is just a little better up here, don't be alarmed when u feel a cool crisp air at the gm, that is what we call meaningful fall baseball, the beer taste better, everything smells better. Hopefully u will soon know the feeling just be warned we hear from mil fans once u get your temporary membership revoked its worse than never even being here, so careful what u wish for as scrubbie fans can attest sometime ignorance is bliss
    You do know they are only joking here right? If nothing else these past 20 years have given us Bucs fans a sense of humor. Can't see them winning the division but this is the year they break 500 and with no NL West team looking great and Washington struggling to score I see them getting in as a wildcard.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    You do know they are only joking here right? If nothing else these past 20 years have given us Bucs fans a sense of humor. Can't see them winning the division but this is the year they break 500 and with no NL West team looking great and Washington struggling to score I see them getting in as a wildcard.

yea bro, its all fun. if you took all that shit serious you kinda misinterpreted, well cept the whole thing about not putting cards in group with cincy (that serious)! all the pit guys here know i been rooting for ya'll forever to be the team that competes with stl, i like bucs fans, mil fans are half retarded (well the smart ones anyway), cubs fans ya just feel sorry for, again not sure if reds have fans? i mean ive heard ppl say they were reds fans but when watching cards beat them down you never see a packed house..pit more of a threat head to head against cards than cincy, whether bucs can continue playing all the other teams stout remains to be seen but yea central should get both wildcards baring someone collapsing. long as ya'll pen can hold up pitching all those innings should be a good race..

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

that's eight in a row

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

with a record of 53-32 after 85 games

the Pirates need to win at least 29 out of their remaining 77 games to finish above .500

29-48 would be .376 ball the rest of the way.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

22 more wins out of 63

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

61-41

exactly 60 games left

Need to go 20-40 (.333) to finish at exactly .500

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

68-44

need to win 14 more games out of 50

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-p...efore-history/

We’re curious about the Pirates finishing no better than 4-27. The approximate odds of the Pirates winning four or fewer games: 0.000685%. Another way of putting that is once per 146,029 opportunities. If you replayed the same scenario once a year for a million years, in six or seven years you’d expect the Pirates to finish 4-27 or worse. The odds are not literally zero. The odds are pretty much never literally zero. They’re effectively zero, with just enough likelihood to make the most negative Pirates fans nervous.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-19-15 at 04:41 PM. Reason: image does not exist

First 12