1. #1
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,309
    Betpoints: 16541

    All 3 early dogs look pretty good on Wednesday

    KC +120 vs. Detroit
    CHC +107 vs. Cincy
    LAA +119 at Baltimore

    Shields in desperate need of a breakthrough win. All in all, been much better than Verlander so far this year and you're getting him as a +120 dog. JV very pedestrian recently in KC.

    T-Wood has been a beast, he's facing his ex-club, and Leake's regression is coming. Reds can't beat the Cubs every single time they play at Wrigley can they?

    Never though I'd back Jerome Williams, but he's actually been solid this year and Hammel is garbage. Angels try to avoid the sweep.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    MANIER08
    MANIER08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 208
    Betpoints: 55

    I agree 100% on 66% of it lol!! I really like LAA and I also like KC here. hoping the ML on the det line gets to -160 so we can get a grea tdeal on KC ML! But im a afraid I can't agree with you on the Cin vs Chi game! The two best teams in baseball this week will be sweeping there opponents on the road! STL and CIN! But you have also given me a good idea for hedging my early play on cincy. prolly going to do 175 on cincy and might do a $25 parlay on KC ML, CHC ML, AND LAA ML.... What you think? BOL!!!

  3. #3
    mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-11
    Posts: 2,645
    Betpoints: 2691

    80%+ chance of strong thunderstorms all day in Chc so I'm avoiding that game...I like LAA at that price...can't back KC though Verlander is like 15-2 against KC in his career, Shields needs 4+ runs to earn wins and I don't think he'll get that tomorrow
    Points Awarded:

    MANIER08 gave mngambler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  4. #4
    detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-12
    Posts: 1,895

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    KC +120 vs. Detroit
    CHC +107 vs. Cincy
    LAA +119 at Baltimore

    Shields in desperate need of a breakthrough win. All in all, been much better than Verlander so far this year and you're getting him as a +120 dog. JV very pedestrian recently in KC.

    T-Wood has been a beast, he's facing his ex-club, and Leake's regression is coming. Reds can't beat the Cubs every single time they play at Wrigley can they?

    Never though I'd back Jerome Williams, but he's actually been solid this year and Hammel is garbage. Angels try to avoid the sweep.

    Thoughts?


    agree

    royals win

  5. #5
    PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-18-08
    Posts: 8,195
    Betpoints: 576

    love William's and the angels today getting + money

  6. #6
    RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-25-10
    Posts: 1,478
    Betpoints: 6077

    Can't back the Royals play... I'm on Detroit myself.

    Verlander owns the Royals and the Tigers bats show up for him, getting around 7 runs on avg when he's on the mound. Can't say the same for the Royals a la Shields. He's honestly no slouch, but the offense needs to participate more for them to win.

    Verlander comes with confidence today, doesn't take a doodoo around the 5th and the Tigers get another W

    Angels all day today... Even though it pains me to play them. They've cost me PLENTY this season, they should be black-listed

  7. #7
    RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-12
    Posts: 17,284
    Betpoints: 16706


  8. #8
    Minnesota Niice
    Minnesota Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-27-13
    Posts: 641

    Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    Can't back the Royals play... I'm on Detroit myself.

    Verlander owns the Royals and the Tigers bats show up for him, getting around 7 runs on avg when he's on the mound. Can't say the same for the Royals a la Shields. He's honestly no slouch, but the offense needs to participate more for them to win.

    Verlander comes with confidence today, doesn't take a doodoo around the 5th and the Tigers get another W

    Angels all day today... Even though it pains me to play them. They've cost me PLENTY this season, they should be black-listed
    Keep bangin your head against that wall while expecting different results pal.. Please enlighten me why you like the Angels? They are 2-9 in last 11 including 6 games against the Astros (who swept them in LA) and the Cubs. This is the last game of a road trip and get to go home for a Wednesday night off, and also an off day Thursday. How can you not be short timing it and looking forward to getting away from baseball for a couple days? Oh and the 12-20 road record really makes it look like a right?

    Baltimore has won 4 of the last 6 and 3 in a row. Baltimore is in the top 5 in almost every offensive category there is and you think the 27-38 Angels will "out-slug" the 37-28 Orioles? Hammel hasn't been the greatest this year but he is coming off of 2 good outings and this is a good spot to bust out your broom for an old fashion sweep job.. Angels have a plane to catch.

  9. #9
    RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-25-10
    Posts: 1,478
    Betpoints: 6077

    to put it simply... Hamels and the O's inability to sweep a series...

    The Angels are "truly" not as bad as they have presented

  10. #10
    RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-12
    Posts: 17,284
    Betpoints: 16706

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Well I like KC and LAA, but not CHC

  11. #11
    ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-24-10
    Posts: 880

    Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    to put it simply... Hamels and the O's inability to sweep a series...

    The Angels are "truly" not as bad as they have presented
    Look at who J Williams has pitched against http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/5026/jerome-williams

    Cubs, Houston, KC, Sea (x2), CWS (x2) and his worst starts are against the few good lineups he's faced (BAL and BOS). He's a fine pitcher but the books know more than you and besides the Angels being terrible his numbers are deceiving.

    The Angels remind me of the Lakers, guys kept on taking them positive they would turn it around, it lasted all the way until they got swept thru the plays 86 games into the season...
    Points Awarded:

    Minnesota Niice gave ThingsFallApart 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  12. #12
    RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-25-10
    Posts: 1,478
    Betpoints: 6077

    Cashed....

    It's OK Orioles backers... You'll get more than a 2 game sweep someday.

    Good Call NoCoin!

Top