BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

5/29 MLB play..ANALBALLS SANCHEZ Tigers -109....ON FIRE!!

Still En Fuego.

A lot of the numbers may favor Pitts here but I'm going with Analballs for the Tigers at -109.

First off, not a big Sanchez fan. Guy's been pitching way beyond his talent so far this year IMO.
    Only time he got rocked this year was @Texas- understandable.
    Dude has been a beast otherwise and was unhittable last game. I'm gonna stick with him here.

Burnett is never anything special. Always has a hot start, then fades hard, he's on the perfect team for that also. That's what the Pee-rats do every year.
    I am not a buyer of the Pirates, I don't think they have much to offer as far as a contending team.
    Bullpen has overachieved so far, offense doesn't really have much talent if you ask me.

Tigers have the kind of lineup vs. Burnett that can pound him for a 6 run inning.

Both teams struggled last night on offense, so I look for them to open it up a little today, and IMO, I'd rather be on the Tigers side easily than Burnett's.

I'm pissed I can't keep fading the Royals losing streak today, Cards are way too high (-190) for a straight play. Don't like taking run-lines on home team big favs either.
    Gonna go easy on the Tigers (Only 1 unit, been betting 2-4 units on this current 2 week heater), and possibly wheel the Cardinals in 4 or 5 2-team parlays for fun.

Tatddy, Nasher, Easyliving, or any of the regulars in my threads please check in with any plays you like today. I don't like the board much so I want a few plays for my Cards parlays.

You_Mad_bro check-in, where the fk you been???

TIGERS -109
    ANALBALLS

Let's keep it going boys!

Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 05-29-13 at 05:07 AM.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Det,yakees,stl,col,

That's the parlay of the day IMO

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

It's a tough card today, for sure. Then they throw a 7 for the total...makes me think that Burnett is the play here. So tough to go against him at home even if he never gets run support.

I'm on the Scrubbies to win a unit in the matinee (if it gets played) and the Frickin' A's at +122 which is down to +117 already (am I sharp? ) I may hop on this if the Scrubbie lose.

BOL, pal!

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    It's a tough card today, for sure. Then they throw a 7 for the total...makes me think that Burnett is the play here. So tough to go against him at home even if he never gets run support.

I'm on the Scrubbies to win a unit in the matinee (if it gets played) and the Frickin' A's at +122 which is down to +117 already (am I sharp? ) I may hop on this if the Scrubbie lose.

BOL, pal!
    I like oak for sure.
    Don't know if I will make a single Cubs bet all year though. There are certain teams I just can't bet, they are one of them lol.

KnucklePuck
    KnucklePuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Tough for me to get a lean on this game one way or the other. Sanchez is coming off an amazing performance at home, but he threw a career high 130 pitches. The Pirates hit him for a combined .210 average and In 2011 he threw a one hitter in Pittsburgh, although I'm not sure how relevant that is. On the other side of the coin you have Burnett who has been rock solid this year and also has great numbers vs the Tigers who hit him a combined .227. Pittsburgh is 18-9 at home and surging over their last 10 while Detroit is just .500 on the road and the offense has cooled off a bit.

Given the pitching match up and it being an NL home game I think the under at 7 is worth a look, although tbh I'm not quite sold on that either.

As a tigers fan I hope you win tonight, best of luck

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefalconfan View Post
    Det,yakees,stl,col,

That's the parlay of the day IMO
    That looks good, buy do the Royals really just keep losing? And with the Yankees and DET, its hard for me to bet on a team having offensive struggles

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

tigers look good to me

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Analballs ahhhhhhhhhhhh

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

BOL, pal!
    I changed my mind Nino. Gonna play both your games there with the Cards in parlays. Good vibes, I'm feeling a little 2-0 from you there. But I still HATE the Cubs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KnucklePuck View Post
    Tough for me to get a lean on this game one way or the other. Sanchez is coming off an amazing performance at home, but he threw a career high 130 pitches. The Pirates hit him for a combined .210 average and In 2011 he threw a one hitter in Pittsburgh, although I'm not sure how relevant that is. On the other side of the coin you have Burnett who has been rock solid this year and also has great numbers vs the Tigers who hit him a combined .227. Pittsburgh is 18-9 at home and surging over their last 10 while Detroit is just .500 on the road and the offense has cooled off a bit.

Given the pitching match up and it being an NL home game I think the under at 7 is worth a look, although tbh I'm not quite sold on that either.

As a tigers fan I hope you win tonight, best of luck

Good stuff bro. Never seen you in any MLB threads before. Keep it coming. The forum needs more posters like you.

Leyland did press him last start but he does that to all his pitchers. He treats Verlander like a slave.
    I don't know if it's Verlander who never lets him take him out, or he's just a manager who doesn't worry about pitch counts. I am one who doesn't believe pitch counts are a big of a deal as they make it out to be. Justin is actually a prime example. I remember a couple years seeing him hit 100mph in the 8th inning of a game.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    That looks good, buy do the Royals really just keep losing? And with the Yankees and DET, its hard for me to bet on a team having offensive struggles
    How is detroit offensively struggling?

midnighthour12
    midnighthour12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Tailing. Thanks for posting!

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    How is detroit offensively struggling?
    Well I meant just last nights game...who is to say that this isnt the start of a offensive dryspell? Then again, who is to say it was just one game?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Hate to say it, but I love the Pirates tonight.

And I'm not sure what you're saying re: Anibal and/or AJB -- both have + stuff and can be downright filthy when on. Anibal's been pitching "way beyond his talent"? If anything, he's finally living up to it. And Burnett is "never anything special"? Really?

Anyway, good luck tonight. Huge risk taking Anibal off that 130-pitch outing, backing a team that doesn't play good D, has a suspect bullpen and no real team speed on the road against a top pitcher. Only thing I can say is that the Pirates haven't hit in AJ's starts all season long.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

And I'm not sure what you're saying re: Anibal and/or AJB -- both have + stuff and can be downright filthy when on. Anibal's been pitching "way beyond his talent"? If anything, he's finally living up to it. And Burnett is "never anything special"? Really?

Anyway, good luck tonight. Huge risk taking Anibal off that 130-pitch outing, backing a team that doesn't play good D, has a suspect bullpen and no real team speed on the road against a top pitcher. Only thing I can say is that the Pirates haven't hit in AJ's starts all season long.
    Im gonna have to agree here

BennyBigNuts

I've consistently bet with and faded Burnett about as good as any pitcher I can think of. This may be a reach today. But guy definitely is just an AVERAGE pitcher at best. One of the most overrated of all time. I'm not going to go look up his numbers but I know for a fact he's only had 1 or 2 decent years if you count 2012.
    Choker in the clutch, fades every 2nd half. Headcase/rage-pitcher.
    You are all over MLB, but you're a little off with Burnett here. I'd randomly be willing to guess he's under .500 for his career. with an ERA well over 4.

BennyBigNuts

Ok fukk it I had to look after saying that, my OCD took over. 140-126 record, a little better than .500. And last year was definitely his best.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I've consistently bet with and faded Burnett about as good as any pitcher I can think of. This may be a reach today. But guy definitely is just an AVERAGE pitcher at best. One of the most overrated of all time. I'm not going to go look up his numbers but I know for a fact he's only had 1 or 2 decent years if you count 2012.
    You are all over MLB, but you're a little off with Burnett here. I'd randomly be willing to guess he's under .500 for his career. with an ERA well over 4.
    He's not a spotlight pitcher. That's for sure. Bad fit with the Yankees.

He's 140-126 in 15 seasons with over 2,000 strikeouts. Not bad. He's a much better fit with the Pirates, where the pressure and the spotlight are off. In 42 starts with them, he's 19-15 with a 3.26 ERA.

Don't get me wrong: a lot of what you say about AJB is right, and I'm far from a fan personally. However, I have to give credit where credit is due. He's resurrected his career in Pittsburgh.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

140-126 with a career ERA of 4 on the nuts.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Ok fukk it I had to look after saying that, my OCD took over. 140-126 record, a little better than .500. And last year was definitely his best.
    Well, his contract year in Toronto in '08 was pretty solid -- 18-10, 230 K's. But that's what got him into trouble -- signing with the Yankees, where the pressure intensified.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If he's an "average pitcher at best," I'd hate to see what you think of the rest of the starters out there. To me, he looks like Nolan Ryan compared to about 70% of the league.

BennyBigNuts

Well, his contract year in Toronto in '08 was pretty solid -- 18-10, 230 K's. But that's what got him into trouble -- signing with the Yankees, where the pressure intensified.

Funny cuz I know his brother. Probly another reason I root against him lol. Used to play poker with him all the time.
    Said he's never given anyone in his family a penny out of 150+ million he's made.
    Bought his parents a small house that was it.
    Said if he's hurting for money he will LOAN it to him, but he's never given him a thing. Brutal. I was in shock hearing it. Pretty much said AJ is a piece of shit without directly saying it lol. Said the guy's wife is a major twat also.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Funny cuz I know his brother. Probly another reason I root against him lol. Used to play poker with him all the time.
    Said he's never given anyone in his family a penny out of 150+ million he's made.
    Bought his parents a small house that was it.
    Said if he's hurting for money he will LOAN it to him, but he's never given him a thing. Brutal. I was in shock hearing it. Pretty much said AJ is a piece of shit without directly saying it lol. Said the guy's wife is a major twat also.
    None of that surprises me, but I'm not betting on him in a Congeniality contest.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Don't pitchers that had or almost got a no hitter lose the next game?

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

I like the over on that game

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

blindly tailing I didn't even look at whose pitching for the pirates

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    blindly tailing I didn't even look at whose pitching for the pirates
    Who you like today brah?
    Damn, gave you a shout-out in my thread post and everything lol.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Who you like today brah?
    Damn, gave you a shout-out in my thread post and everything lol.
    thanks, love the brewers @-104 Deduno looked horrible his first start. Also Dbacks+126 Grimm is nothing special and Mccarthy has been looking better as of late.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

under

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Good call BBN. Had it at -109 early today too for three units.

GL

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    thanks, love the brewers @-104 Deduno looked horrible his first start. Also Dbacks+126 Grimm is nothing special and Mccarthy has been looking better as of late.
    Dang, Already got Twins parlayed with Cards you didn't answer in time lol.
    I got a little silly today.
    Ended up doing 2 units on Tigers now and then 2 units spread out over 5 parlays:
    Cards-twins
    Cards-Padres
    Cards-Oak (From El Nino)
    Cards-Cubs (From El Nino, Cubs currently up 4-1 but Whitesox threatening hard here, lets go!!)
    And then my biggest parlay is Cards-Nats. (Already loved Natties but Konck like it also-good combo )

I just can't pass on fading that Royals losing streak I think Ive bet against them 5 of their 11 in a row now.
    This was my best idea to do it without laying the wood on a straight play.
    Hopefully I can bang a couple.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Still En Fuego.

A lot of the numbers may favor Pitts here but I'm going with Analballs for the Tigers at -109.

First off, not a big Sanchez fan. Guy's been pitching way beyond his talent so far this year IMO.
    Only time he got rocked this year was @Texas- understandable.
    Dude has been a beast otherwise and was unhittable last game. I'm gonna stick with him here.

Burnett is never anything special. Always has a hot start, then fades hard, he's on the perfect team for that also. That's what the Pee-rats do every year.
    I am not a buyer of the Pirates, I don't think they have much to offer as far as a contending team.
    Bullpen has overachieved so far, offense doesn't really have much talent if you ask me.

Tigers have the kind of lineup vs. Burnett that can pound him for a 6 run inning.

Both teams struggled last night on offense, so I look for them to open it up a little today, and IMO, I'd rather be on the Tigers side easily than Burnett's.

I'm pissed I can't keep fading the Royals losing streak today, Cards are way too high (-190) for a straight play. Don't like taking run-lines on home team big favs either.
    Gonna go easy on the Tigers (Only 1 unit, been betting 2-4 units on this current 2 week heater), and possibly wheel the Cardinals in 4 or 5 2-team parlays for fun.

Tatddy, Nasher, Easyliving, or any of the regulars in my threads please check in with any plays you like today. I don't like the board much so I want a few plays for my Cards parlays.

You_Mad_bro check-in, where the fk you been???

TIGERS -109
    ANALBALLS

Let's keep it going boys!

Take a look at what pitchers have done in there next start after a 2 hitter or perfect game.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Take a look at what pitchers have done in there next start after a 2 hitter or perfect game.
    Yeh but do those stats include how many times BennyBigNuts bet them?

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Torii Hunter is not playing

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Unless it's Miggy, it doesn't matter much. Players have days off all the time. No big deal.

mik5058
    mik5058's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4654

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Yes he is. Victor Martinez is not.

12 Last