StevenSuarez
    StevenSuarez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1630

Shelby Miller

Kid's on fire tonight. Don't get to watch many Cardinals games -- anyone seen a lot of him and can give me the scoop?

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

I have him on my fantasy team and he has been great all I can say haven't watched him either lol glad I grab him when I did

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

He's got good stuff. Watched him dominate the Brewers in his 2nd or 3rd start of the year.

BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Miller is something special. He breaks the mold in that he is a two pitch pitcher in the extreme. Maybe once or twice a game he'll throw a Change down and away to a good LH hitter, but basically it's FB and Curve - that's it. It's really difficult for a guy like that to be an effective starter. They usually don't even get a chance to move from the pen to the rotation. The fact that Miller was not only given the opportunity, but has been lights out effective, speaks to just how good those two pitches are for him, his command of both and his heady use of them.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by BeatingBaseball View Post
    Miller is something special. He breaks the mold in that he is a two pitch pitcher in the extreme. Maybe once or twice a game he'll throw a Change down and away to a good LH hitter, but basically it's FB and Curve - that's it. It's really difficult for a guy like that to be an effective starter. They usually don't even get a chance to move from the pen to the rotation. The fact that Miller was not only given the opportunity, but has been lights out effective, speaks to just how good those two pitches are for him, his command of both and his heady use of them.
    While he has been good with those pitches, I'm not going to give him too much of a leash once he makes his second round on teams. There aren't many pitchers in the history of the game who have gotten by throwing only 2 pitches in a season. Maybe Shelby can throw the change effectively but him and yadi are choosing not to rely on it much fo rthe time being, but I won't be laying -190 chalk for him come June and July

BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Can't argue, EX. Sustaining success with this approach will be a challenge. A long way to go to pass this test.

Also agree that Molina has been a big part of the heady utilization of his two weapons in terms of sequence and location.