GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Chalky White's - Chalk of the Night!

Chalky White ain't nothin but a punk bitch.

My bad, Chalk, you know I'm just playin.

Chalky gets in touch with me and tells me which 'chalky' plays he wants to endorse and have me put out there on the inter-web-tubes, since you know, he doesn't know how to use a computer and whatnot. Or know they exist... Whatever.

Tonight's plays are twofold.

PLAY NUMBER ONE

Red Sox ML (-210 @ BetOnline)

Firstly, not much of a surprise here, the BoSox hosting the lowly Twins. ButtHolz vs. SportsGoggles Worley. A number of reasons for this one, firstly, do you know how bad kids get beat up for wearing sports goggles? Clearly this kid knows he's getting beat up before, during AND after the game because of it, but what can he do? It's not like he can afford vision surgery, he plays for the Twins!

The Red Sox are coming off of a sweep at the hands of the Rangers, happy to be home, and with Clay pitching with a chip on his shoulder due to the 'cheating' allegations thrown at him after his last start. The Sox want to break that losing streak and this is a perfect place for a chalky play.

Some tend to freak out about baseball games with this much juice but the thing is, compare this to another sport. There is about as much difference in skill (accounting for the pitching matchup as well) as there was between the Heat and Bucks, and how much juice would you have to lay on the Heat moneyline? How much juice would you have to lay in college football for the Crimson Tide playing against Arkansas straight up?

In relation, this moneyline is pretty affordable at prices hovering around -200.

PLAY NUMBER TWO

St. Louis Blues Puckline +1.5 (-275 @ BetOnline)

Chalky thinks the Kings will be singing the Blues when the final horn sounds, and even if they're not, it'll be due to sweating out a tight, one goal game. The scores so far in this series have been 2-1, 2-1, and 1-0. The + Puckline has hit in each matchup so far, and these teams have been closely matched.

That being said, the Blues have 'outplayed' the Kings for around 2/3 of total icetime in this series so far when you look at shots, physical hits, and scoring opportunities and appear to have the upper hand despite losing the last game. The Blues outshot the Kings in Games 1 & 3, and were only outshot by 4 in Game 2. The bigger element to consider is 'scoring opportunities'. The Blues have had NUMEROUS open net scoring opportunities, outnumbering the Kings opportunities almost 2 to 1. Similar to looking at Sabermetrics in baseball with statistics like BABIP (Batting average on balls in play) which measures the likelyhood of effort vs. results and shows you trends on when a player seems to be executing but not getting the intended result (thus indicating a turnaround is likely), I believe the Blues have a high probability of turning more of these opportunities into goals as the series goes along, dumb luck has a propensity to balance out over the course of a multiple game series.

Elliot has been outstanding and I believe the line for this game is an example of a Vegas line simply looking to split bets down the middle, I believe the juice is too high on the Kings and there is value on the Blues.

The moneyline is definitely worth an investment but since this is Chalky's thread and the pick needs to have some healthy chalk, going with the Puckline. Going to invest some on the puckline itself as well as include it in a couple parlays.

Look, I'm just the messenger so take it up with Chalky if you disagree with these picks. Good luck, and don't piss off Chalky.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

are you serious?

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buchholz has been lights out, the Red Sox bats are on fire and after getting swept by the Rangers, they should be amped to take out the Twins. But the Twins are are a dangerous team right now with their hitting and can explode at any time. The Chalk is terrible. I expect the Boston to win just as pretty much everyone else but don't sleep on the Twins.

And St. Louis could very well beat the Kings for the third time and based on both teams playoff style a tight, low scoring game seems to be made to order. It could very well be a 2-1 game for either team but the Kings did sweep the Blues last season and pretty much destroyed them all of this season. At home the Kings are capable at any moment of hitting the Blues for 3 or more goals and if Quick has one of those stand on his head nights, there could be trouble for the Blues. Brian Elliot has been playing great but he does have his breakdown games and there is no other team that seems to light up Elliot and the Blues like the Kings at home. Blues +1.5 -275? GL

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-14-14 at 09:01 AM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Def 2 of my favorite characters
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-14-14 at 09:00 AM.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Easy Money for ole' Chalky... God DAMN he knows his chalk plays.

2-0 to start? What a stud, maybe I can start a tout service for him and you can all pay me daily with points eh?

Next time I suggest you all follow ole Chalky... I know I will!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

That's some serious chalk

forthewin

Nice. A win is a win but those games were not anywhere as easy as the chalk would suggest. The Twins almost won that game. They had the game won and it was theirs to lose. Don't get buried in the chalk. Either way good win.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

I told Chalky that round these parts, a mans' word ain't good enough. He needs to provide that PROOF of how big his balls are, so I told him if you believe in your plays, post em!

So he sent me this:

Damn guy made over 5K yesterday with his chalky plays.

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    I told Chalky that round these parts, a mans' word ain't good enough. He needs to provide that PROOF of how big his balls are, so I told him if you believe in your plays, post em!

So he sent me this:

Damn guy made over 5K yesterday with his chalky plays.

Yes and that is a great thing but a couple of upsets and he could easily lose 10k on chalky plays. But if he is solid at spot checking his chalk then he may be ok. I would love to see the continued success.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Chalky Returns!

Oh hey Chalky! You back to give us a couple more of your incredible chalky plays?

Oh... Uh, I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but OK.

Chalky here says he's got three more plays for tonight.

PLAY ONE

Detroit Tigers -195

Tigers just lost two in a row in Washington and return home ready to turn things around. They have wily eyed Scherzer on the mound and Chalky has a thing about dudes with different colored eyes. They're usually straight gangster, and Max will be shooting from the hip tonight, retiring Indian after Indian in cold blood.

Scherzer is 3-0 at home thus far this year, and went 8 innings in his last outing giving up just one earned run while striking out 8. His counterpart on the mound for the Tribe is a young 'un named Corey Kluber. Thus far he's got an ERA just over 3 and hasn't looked terrible, but he also hasn't made a start this year against a team with an offense anything like the Tigers (though he did make a one inning appearance against the Red Sox as his first outing of the year, and gave up an earned run in that inning).

He should be in for a shell shocking with the Tigers wanting to reignite their offense, break their losing streak, and do it with the guy who has thus far been their best starting pitcher this season.

PLAY TWO

Boston Red Sox -202

Chalky says that anytime you have a visiting sub par pitcher in Fenway, throwing his first start of the year against the Sox arguable ace, you fade that kid, kid.

Ramon Ortiz making his first start of the year against the Sox isn't likely to be a pretty sight, especially opposed by Jon Lester, who is making this home start against the weakest offense by far that he's seen all year. Not much more needs to be said, Sox should cruise easily.

PLAY THREE

St. Louis Blues +1.5 -245 (BetOnline)

Chalky once against selects the Blues, who have lost three in a row now to the Kings. While winning at Staples Center is a tall task, chances of this Blues team being beaten FOUR games in a row is just as tall a task for the host Kings. The last matchup between the two in St. Louis was won by the Kings in a game they were once again outplayed in. The Kings were outshot by over 10, they were almost tripled in 'scoring chances' as noted by Fox Sports Midwest, and they were even outhit, 41-30.

The Blues have had a number of 'unlucky' bounces and missed opportunities in this series and have still managed to keep things close, every loss being by just a single goal. I don't see this game being any different, especially with the Blues backs against the wall, they will be playing physical and tough, and you combine that with the fact that things like 'scoring chances' tend to reach an equilibrium in the long run, I expect the Blues to win, although if they don't it'll once again be by a single goal.

Chalky, thanks for straight up printing money for these undeserving 'squares'!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Chalky putting his money where his mouth is again!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

You can LIVEBET Blues +1.5 for around -150 right now on BetOnline, get it while it's hot!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Too late! He shoots, he scores! Blues tie the game at 1...

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Even with Bulls and Warriors losing, another $3000+ night in profit. The Chalked One wins again. 5-0 now in this thread?

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

On the road so can't do a detailed write up but Chalky says 'lay the chalk' w the Red Sox again today!

Buttholz coming off his weakest outing this year against a struggling Mark Buerhle who also has a poor history against the Sox.

Lay that chalk boys!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

5-1 to date.

Going to start using this more for record keeping and posterity than the write ups since I'm the only one that seems to get entertainment out of them, lol!

Tonights picks are Cardinals, Pacers ML, Penguins ML & Mariners +1.5

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Cards up by 3 in the first, Pacers up 14 at the half. Penguins up by a goal at first intermission, Mariners leading by 1.

Day is starting off good, and I only need 3 of the 4 to hit to make some big cash money!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Money? Meet mouth.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tgordon777

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Another 4-0 day. 9-1 in this thread now.

Another 5K+ in net profit for the day.

Winner winner, bitch where's my dinner?
    Points Awarded:

kaliboyz gave GimpedMaster 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tgordon777 gave GimpedMaster 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

This is crazy!

Tgordon777
    Tgordon777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont post often, but had to come in here and say... Great Fxcking work bro, dont see runs like this happen too much around here, awesome to see somebody doing damage! Pretty sad how only trolls come and bash people when they are losing and an awesome thread like this goes pretty much unnoticed, keep killin it man, im along for the ride

noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Good stuff congrats lets keep it rolling

252pirates
    252pirates's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great Job, Been following you are on a great one..Check out my thread too, I am on a decent run myself, hopefully we can both keep this streak going.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Thanks for the support gents

Nice to know someone is paying attention, I'll continue to post my plays and try to do basic reasoning/write-ups when time allows.

Lets keep this shiznit going!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

I should have posted this earlier but I didn't place the bet til a minute before the game, sorry gents = (

The juice is really awful but it feels like free money in a game like this, and now up 4-1!

tavesims
    tavesims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chalky, I'm sure you are gonna win, but it's a John Morrison unofficial C bet and they are sketchy to go against always. I hope you win bro.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Haha looks like I'm paying the price with the last minute bet, happens when you lay chalk sometimes but being up 15K in the last week, I'm not sweating it.

birdmanweezy
    $$$ Fly In Any Weather $$$
    birdmanweezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

good luck chalky love fellow chalk bettors.....get the chalk or get the cawlk thats my motto

Tgordon777
    Tgordon777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any more plays for tonight? Tigers loss was bogus, had every opportunity to win that game, right side, wrong result. Keep rollin

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Sorry bud, wasn't home in time to put them on the forum here, had a couple other plays and only one that missed was the Heat. Cost me what would have been a huge parlay, but still was able to make up most of the money lost from the Tigers debacle. About back to where I was this morning, moving forward tomorrow!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

G.M.
    Nice work in here. Great to see you and Chalky grabbing
    from the man.
    Must admit that I miss the words of wisdom from the Chalkman.

Continued success.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

First play for tomorrow... I hate to be such a homer here but I have to ride the Cards again...

Wainwright on the mound vs. Jon Niese.

Wainwright took a no-hitter into the 8th in his last start against the Rockies and is dominant at home, having only given up 2 runs in 25 innings thus far in 2013 at Busch Stadium.

Niese on the other hand is 0-4 in his last five starts with a 7.71 ERA over that span. He does have good career numbers against the Cards of 2-1 with a 1.83 ERA however he has never faced them outside of his home turf, so this will be his first start at Busch in his career, and his first start against the 2013 Major League Leading Cardinals.

My biggest concern for this game is that one of my usual betting approaches is to lean towards teams avoiding a sweep or betting on a team when the trends show poor performance with indicators of busting out soon.

The Mets haven't exactly shown anything to indicate they are about to bust out, but getting swept in a 4 game series is really difficult to do in baseball so while a part of me is worried that some fluky abberational shit might go down tomorrow, the absolute chasm of difference in skill level between these two starters, and current performance indicates that the Cards should be money.

Lay the chalk, gents.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

I'm not going to count my wins tonight for my record since I didn't post them pre-game, and I'm going to man up and count the Tigers against myself since I had misplaced confidence so I deserve the loss on my record.

9-2 now after the Tigers. I predict the Cards game later today/tomorrow (Thursday) will put me at 10-2!

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    My biggest concern for this game is that one of my usual betting approaches is to lean towards teams avoiding a sweep or betting on a team when the trends show poor performance with indicators of busting out soon.
    My fear was right, poor decision on my behalf. I tend to look through the risk and the chalk to find winners more often than value, but in a situation like today, a team already up 3-0 in a series, while the Cards were more likely to get the win, there was just very little value since Baseball tends to cooperate with parity more often than just about any other sport. Sweeps are rare and I should have respected that more.

Going to try to make up for it though.

Two picks tonight.

PLAY ONE

NY Yankees -173

After getting pounded yesterday by the Mariners, the Yankees will be looking to return the favor. Pettitte has held the Mariners to two runs or fewer in six of his last eight games against them.

Aaron Harang's goofy looking ass was slated to start for Seattle, but was just scratched due to back tightness which forces Hector Noesi into the start today. This will be his first start of the season, having been in the bullpen. I like fading pitchers on short notice spot duty and in Noesi's only start against the Yanks last year he gave up 5 runs in seven innings. Let's hope that trend continues today.

PLAY TWO

LA Kings -150

This play is based more on general performance and trends than specifics for this particular game, but the Kings are undefeated at home and Jon Quick is absolutely on fire right now. He shut the Sharks out in game 1 of this series 2 nights ago. After helping LA to a 4 game come-back win streak against the Blues, after starting that series down 0-2, the Kings are in top form.

The Kings are playing the same championship caliber hockey that led them to the cup last season, with the same championship caliber goaltending leading the way.

The Kings are 4-0 so far this post season at home, and are undefeated in their last 7 games in LA including the regular season, with their last home loss coming on March 23rd to the Canucks.

I think this is one of those situations where you ride the hot team in the playoffs and the Kings not only appear hot as hell, but also motivated for a little payback for the 'dirty' hit that injured Kings middle liner Jarret Stoll on Tuesday night.
    Last edited by GimpedMaster; 05-16-13 at 05:11 PM.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

10-4, will resume picks shortly, seem to have gotten over my 'average' streak and ready for some winners.

12 Last