EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

5dimes line shading

Anybody have any thoughts on why 5D has been shading their lines recently? For example, ATL is -185 to -195 across the board (including pinny) , yet 5D has been hanging -179 for a while now (The Greek is the only other book close to 5d at -180). I've noticed this quite a bit recently near closing.

By posting the best/worst line of most major books, is this simply their way of preventing getting more action on one side to even things out or should we be looking closer at this? This is really only my second year trying read lines/movement, so anybody with experience have any clue?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I've noticed that too. Never seen them do that before.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    Anybody have any thoughts on why 5D has been shading their lines recently? For example, ATL is -185 to -195 across the board (including pinny) , yet 5D has been hanging -179 for a while now (The Greek is the only other book close to 5d at -180). I've noticed this quite a bit recently near closing.

By posting the best/worst line of most major books, is this simply their way of preventing getting more action on one side to even things out or should we be looking closer at this? This is really only my second year trying read lines/movement, so anybody with experience have any clue?
    IMO think they are just looking for more money on a side.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    i noticed what your talking about as well. they way i interpreted it is, 5Dimes is one of the biggest books out there, therefore they get some off the biggest bets. if they are hanging ATL at -179, most likely they have a few really big bets on the Mets. its a good thing to notice and can help with deciding picks. i still went with ATL tho tongiht lol. regretting it so far, but i think they still bounce back.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

yeah they've been doing that a lot

they're looking for action on certain sides

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

can somone explain "shading" ?

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Baseball juice can be razor thin compared to NFL teasers and horses, etc. If the books had their way they would just go back and forth with BB and Football, hockey

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    can somone explain "shading" ?
    meaning most books has -110/+100 yet one book has -105/-105. The book that's -105/-105 would have a line shaded towards the dog