No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Watching the Cubs game -- when are teams going to realize

That bullpens are everything?

It's not rocket science.

The lack of quality arms among "contenders" is startling. Cubs are bad enough, but they're not supposed to do anything anyway. You can't win without middle/late relief in baseball. Period. I don't care how many sluggers you have, how great your starting pitching is -- whatever. Pitching and D. Pitching and D.

Numbskull owners and GM's just want to acquire the "big names" like Pujols and Hamilton. Do you know how much quality bullpen help you could get with that kind of dough?

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

After that Cashner debacle I actually backed Stults today, needless to say I thought the game was over when Hairston ripped that two-run HR. Then the Padres get a wind-fly-ball drop, passed ball, and the game is tied, single, infield hit and the Padres lead 4-2 crazy day today at Wrigley.... awesome when it goes in your favor. God knows I've been on the opposite on occasion.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

totally agree. No bullpen = so many losses. I think the rangers get this now. A's and Rangers stockpiling young talented pitchers, rays, giants teams with heavy pitching philosophy (although Rays relievers sort of suck this year)

cubs, angels, blue jays, marlins, tigers = not interested in relief pitching at all