No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Might hope Bailey and Cashner take me to the promised land Wednesday

Looking hard at the Reds +119 and the Pads at -103. Bailey and Cashner have really impressed me in the games I've watched them pitch. These are the two that stick out to me, along with maybe the Twins +1.5 and Pittsburgh. Possibly Washington and the White Sox as well.

Thoughts?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I like the white sox I think sale will pitch a great game, but relying on the white sox bat is always tough. I like Atlanta though, Maholm should rebound after getting shelled last start and I think the nats need some time to get everything back together they are messed up

underal
    underal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14653

i would wait to see the lineup in the twins game. if the full tiger lineup is in then i would expect them to thrash diamond.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Looking hard at the Reds +119 and the Pads at -103. Bailey and Cashner have really impressed me in the games I've watched them pitch. These are the two that stick out to me, along with maybe the Twins +1.5 and Pittsburgh. Possibly Washington and the White Sox as well.

Thoughts?
    Really like the Cashner pick, and the Padre bats have come alive, I would say the Pads ML is one of the best on the board tomorrow, I hope Kotsay is in the lineup again, unlikely however. Regardless, even our down syndrome catcher Nick Hundley is hitting well, that's a good sign.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Furthermore there is no way Scott Feldman should be +104 in anything.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Didn't Bailey get rocked in a 10-0 loss last time on the road against the Cards?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Reds' line has plummeted and SD line is way up. Should've taken the +119 and -103 when I had the chance.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Reds' line has plummeted and SD line is way up. Should've taken the +119 and -103 when I had the chance.
    I like SD too...Reds a no play now?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I like the white sox I think sale will pitch a great game, but relying on the white sox bat is always tough. I like Atlanta though, Maholm should rebound after getting shelled last start and I think the nats need some time to get everything back together they are messed up
    in Arlington? really?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

took the padres overnight @-108 however not sure about the Reds. I can't get a read on St. Louis games they are always unpredictable.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I got the Cards at -113 this morning. They're -125 now.

They usually hit Bailey hard.

I like the Cubs also. Lol. We're on opposite sides so we will most likely go 1-1.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

AJ should be in the lineup for the Rangers and he use to catch Sale so he can provide some insight on him, also Sale got hit hard last time he was in Arlington...Tepesch has decent stuff and sox have never seen him...Sox have lowest BA in the AL i think.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    AJ should be in the lineup for the Rangers and he use to catch Sale so he can provide some insight on him, also Sale got hit hard last time he was in Arlington...Tepesch has decent stuff and sox have never seen him...Sox have lowest BA in the AL i think.
    Yeah, plus Sale's kind of in the middle of his regression season from the inning jump of a year ago. He'll probably need TJ soon.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    ADAM Dunn
    2013 Season
    AVG HR RBI OBP
    .148 6 12 .242

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by EASports View Post
    ADAM Dunn
    2013 Season
    AVG HR RBI OBP
    .148 6 12 .242
    Donkey Dunn needs to be put out to pasture.

And he's hitting fvcking cleanup. Unreal.

EASports

He is useless, but if the manager had a clue he would bat lower in the order. What do managers actually do other than set the lineup. They have a 1stbase coach, 3rd base, bullpen, bench, pitching, and hitting coach. What is the creative thinking that they are adding to the organization? Maddon, showalter, and Bochy seem like the only guys who are worth their paycheck.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

In 130 career innings, Cashner has a 25% K% and 10.5% BB%. In eight career starts he has a 25.7% K% and 4.4% BB%. That’s probably a small sample size anomaly, but there’s a chance that the windup suits him.

But Cashner has another skill beyond just the strikeout ability; he gets a ton of groundballs. His career ground ball rate is 51.3%. If he can keep that rate up as a full-time starter, he’ll join some pretty elite company. In the last ten years, there have only been three pitchers with a full season of 24%+ K% and 50%+ GB% at the age of 27 or younger. Those three were Jon Lester, Francisco Liriano, and David Price.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    In 130 career innings, Cashner has a 25% K% and 10.5% BB%. In eight career starts he has a 25.7% K% and 4.4% BB%. That’s probably a small sample size anomaly, but there’s a chance that the windup suits him.

But Cashner has another skill beyond just the strikeout ability; he gets a ton of groundballs. His career ground ball rate is 51.3%. If he can keep that rate up as a full-time starter, he’ll join some pretty elite company. In the last ten years, there have only been three pitchers with a full season of 24%+ K% and 50%+ GB% at the age of 27 or younger. Those three were Jon Lester, Francisco Liriano, and David Price.
    To be honest, the fact that the Pads opened as a virtual PK freaked me out here a little and still kind of does, even though the line has moved significantly in their favor. Plus, isn't Cashner an ex-Cub?

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

I haven't capped the game in total, I have no opinion.

EASports

The problem with Cashner is his lack of stamina. He probable will not go more than 5 innings. He is only averaging 66 pitches per outing.