BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

J.J. Putz

Did anyone else know the Dbags were f*cked when they brought this guy in? He is horrible.

I had no money on this game but he was one of the main reasons that kept me from playing the Dbags tonight. Figured it would be a close tight game and I'm sure as hell not going to trust him over the Giants.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Fukkin piece of shit, either him or heath fukkin bell though right.

If I was the guy who hit the solo shot for zona, id knock that fukkin prick out flat.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Nobody knows what's going to happen. Putz is a professional baseball pitcher, good enough to make the big bucks. Saying things like "he's horrible" is naive and immature, be better than that.

Be better than Putz.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    Nobody knows what's going to happen. Putz is a professional baseball pitcher, good enough to make the big bucks. Saying things like "he's horrible" is naive and immature, be better than that.

Be better than Putz.
    How about this...

For a major league baseball player, J.J. Putz sucks.

Is that better?

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

Sounds like you are emotionally drunk after a tough loss. Buck up and steady your aim for the next target. I hope to see some posts in the future not bashing the side you were on, but praising it.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Why did Cahill come out?

Guy had only thrown 88 and hadn't given up a hit since the top of the 4th? One hit in top of the 9th and he's done... guy was dealing.

BigDofBA

Sounds like you are emotionally drunk after a tough loss. Buck up and steady your aim for the next target. I hope to see some posts in the future not bashing the side you were on, but praising it.
    I had no money on this game. I'm pissed at the Angels right now because they're messing up and otherwise great night.

Watching Putz blow the game just rehashed old wounds. It's all good.

The Samurai
    The Samurai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Why did Cahill come out?

Guy had only thrown 88 and hadn't given up a hit since the top of the 4th? One hit in top of the 9th and he's done... guy was dealing.
    Gibson is one of the worst managers in baseball. He proves it night in and night out. This is a guy who decided Upton had reached his full potential and should be traded while he had value. Hes lousy at evaluating talent and a lousy in game decision maker. I usually only take az when the $ is deep in the + side.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by The Samurai View Post
    Gibson is one of the worst managers in baseball. He proves it night in and night out. This is a guy who decided Upton had reached his full potential and should be traded while he had value. Hes lousy at evaluating talent and a lousy in game decision maker. I usually only take az when the $ is deep in the + side.
    Yeah, horrible.

I thought D-Backs dodged a bullet in the top of the 4th though too. Bochy bunted top of 1st with a lead off single, but not top of 4th with runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.

Ultimately, on the wrong side of a low scoring pitchers duel... it happens. Win some and lose some.

underal
    underal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14653

Be better than Putz.
    but he is horrible

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Betting lessons to OP:

1. never trust a ball player too embarassed to spell out his/her first name

2. there's only one JJ anyway and that's kid DYNOMITE!!!

3. never trust a red-headed chubster too lazy to even throw a pitch before inning #9

4. never trust some lazy porker whose last name is often confused with the word "schmendrick"

5. never bed a mediocre starting pitcher w/bad haircut (Cahill) vs the hottest, most bestest starting pitcher in baseball (bumgarner)

To summarize:

Name:  mm.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  33.3 KB

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Why did Cahill come out?

Because Kirk Gibson has no idea what he's doing. That much is painfully obvious by now.

I have Putz on my fantasy team. Time for a Plan B.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Putz has had a sub-standard year so far, but the decision to bench Cahill in that situation was worse.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by EASports View Post
    Putz has had a sub-standard year so far, but the decision to bench Cahill in that situation was worse.
    That's Gibby for you.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I say this as a fantasy owner who could use the potential W Cahill was going to earn.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be better than Putz.
    You know what web site you're posting in Dr Phil?

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

My feeble attempt at making this place a little less miserable for everyone.