Thefunkiehippie
    Thefunkiehippie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Why post picks

I am new to betting and I see that lines will move based on betting trends. Do people post picks on here hoping to move the line in that direction so that they can bet the other line? Why would people give away picks so easily if they really have done the research? For 2 nights in a row, I have picked based on the articles in this forum, and they couldn’t have been more wrong. I am starting to think somebody is pushing this junk on the betting public so that the common shmuks push the lines in the wrong direction.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

people share their picks for bragging rights...or to set up sales.......

you need to use other resources other than posters on a message board. do you know other sports bettors you can bounce ideas off of?

the book Conquering Risk has a good chapter on grading OTHER handicappers before riskin your money with their selections.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

I Share picks because we can compare our selections and try to won a fcking bookies and las vegas for the good of poor people u can dream not costs anything we pay a little price for their bookies stay running bets with our money vicious selection

Thefunkiehippie

Quote Originally Posted by Monchito View Post
    I Share picks because we can compare our selections and try to won a fcking bookies and las vegas for the good of poor people u can dream not costs anything we pay a little price for their bookies stay running bets with our money vicious selection
    I think I know what you mean. you are saying that sharing picks with a common goal of breaking the bookies. I get it. But I watch Vegas insider and see alot of trending pre game in one direction and usually with 95% of the betting public favoring a side, the other side comes out. I try and stay away from what might seem like a lock.

Thefunkiehippie

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    people share their picks for bragging rights...or to set up sales.......

you need to use other resources other than posters on a message board. do you know other sports bettors you can bounce ideas off of?

the book Conquering Risk has a good chapter on grading OTHER handicappers before riskin your money with their selections.
    I hear you. sometimes these guys get it right though.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Rangers tonight gogogogo

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Quote Originally Posted by Thefunkiehippie View Post
    I think I know what you mean. you are saying that sharing picks with a common goal of breaking the bookies. I get it. But I watch Vegas insider and see alot of trending pre game in one direction and usually with 95% of the betting public favoring a side, the other side comes out. I try and stay away from what might seem like a lock.
    That exactly thing happened to me with the Under in the SF - Az game i only choose the most value pick in that game then i consult the last games of matt cain vs az and look he lose 6-4 !