I got into a discussion with what I consider a pretty sharp nhl bettor who rarely bets anything outside of the puck.
However he is having a very average year due to a addiction to chasing the steam on Pinny on team totals and he just wouldn't stop saying if i had just played the + side of every game this year I think I'd be winning laying -120 or -140 (I dont think -140s are common in mlb like nhl btw) is just as ridiculous as playing only favorites at -120 and above.
For some reason I am now curious as heck as to whether anyone has ever tracked not only the closing line on totals but the costs and if he might actually be right. I know there have been many times in mlb where I have gone to bet a under at say 7.5 and it was -135 and I thought quietly ill just wait til it gets to 7 as i know it lowers my ev but Ill take the push equity over paying the 35 but had never considered the +125 for some reason just assuming it was going under I mean why would the book making it so difficult and charging me to play a side. Lol yes this really has been a thought.
Anyway if anyone has any insight or knows of a site that holds the closing number and cost thatd be awesome.
Thanks, MILK