simmy17
    simmy17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

KC Royals tonight

Really like the Royals tonight.. Whats every ones plays ?

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Atl is an auto play at the moment until we see a definitive reason to fade them

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

It is a good price for KC, but I agree with Aussie thinking. Stay on hot team. gl

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Atlanta is smoking........Guthrie is a nice "money" pitcher ....may be hard for kc to snatched victory without dh in atlanta

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

KC may win, certainly has value. But coming from an Atlanta fan how do you back a team like KC facing a team that is like 26-1 in the pitcher that is pitching a last 27 regular season starts

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

KC is 12-1 in last 13 Guthrie starts also. KC is loaded with lefties so typically fare better against Rhp. I don't think KC is a horrible team. They probably finish 2nd in there division under the Tigers. Braves will finish season better and are hottest team in MLB, but still think this line is about 20-30 cents off because of it. I don't usually believe in the let down angle in MLB as much as other sports but if there is one this might be it. Sweeping a road series against a divisional rival that was national league favorite before season started.
    Last edited by HOT WINGS; 04-16-13 at 12:56 PM.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Like I said I can see value. However I've watched the last 3 games for both teams and ATl is far superior. But, we all know the best team doesn't always win.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

If you're taking them full game then you should take them FF as well.

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    If you're taking them full game then you should take them FF as well.
    What dies FF mean? Full Faith? No srsly what does ff mean, i've seen it numerous times.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

First five

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by Brebos View Post
    What dies FF mean? Full Faith? No srsly what does ff mean, i've seen it numerous times.
    First five. basically cutting out bullpens and betting on the SP's first two times through the order

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Aha, thank you!

tatddy

In this case, when you're dealing with a big dog and a non-ace on the hill, you want to give yourself 2 chances at ++ money to win. Go 1-1 and you're still up. Also can take KC at +1/2 FF at a good price and you're a winner if it's tied.

I wouldn't advocate FF if it were a pitcher in better form on the hill, but Medlen's form isn't tight right now. ATL has the better pen here and is at home.

Not a play for me right now but just a suggestion to improve your chances of winning if you're backing KC for the full game.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Shouldn't you always bet against the Braves FF if you don't like them in general based on how good that bullpen is?

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperDapper View Post
    Shouldn't you always bet against the Braves FF if you don't like them in general based on how good that bullpen is?
    Can't really speak in absolutes.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Medlen gave up 2 runs in 5 innings against Philly which isn't his best work but not bad. Then went 7 strong giving up no runs.

His manager said the last 3 innings against Philly was some of the best work he's ever seen him do on the mound. Medlen is back in form. If they lose it won't be on him, maybe the offense goes cold and strikes out 100 times like they can.

hope not go braves!!!

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Medlen gave up 2 runs in 5 innings against Philly which isn't his best work but not bad. Then went 7 strong giving up no runs.

His manager said the last 3 innings against Philly was some of the best work he's ever seen him do on the mound. Medlen is back in form. If they lose it won't be on him, maybe the offense goes cold and strikes out 100 times like they can.

hope not go braves!!!
    I could have done that against the Marlins.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Lol good point. Very well could lose I'm not here saying the Braves are the play. I'm just saying when the kids on their isnt anyone better and his 24-1 record going into this regular season shows that. It's simple, if he's on his game they win. If he's off then KC has a good shot if they can score more runs then they have been.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I could have done that against the Marlins.

Gold!

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefalconfan View Post
    Gold!

Atlanta does have to lose at some point. If you're on KC it's more of a guess.

Oh yea Medlen does that against 90% of the teams he has faced. Hence the reason he did what NO pitcher in MLB history had done.

theres definitely some value in the line w KC though. But, better hope these bats are better then I've seen bc they're facing one of the best tonight.

tatddy

To be clear I have no play on this game. Only reason I chimed in was to suggest KC backers take FF as well as full game.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

To be clear I have no play on this game. Only reason I chimed in was to suggest KC backers take FF as well as full game.
    Never thought of that strategy before, so i'm glad you brought it up.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Tat - diddy. Everyone appreciates your clarity. Thanks for the advice, pal.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    Tat - diddy. Everyone appreciates your clarity. Thanks for the advice, pal.
    No problem. It's a winning strategy over the course of a full season. Just not for every dog. Have to pick your spots. You don't want a FF bet when you're facing Cliff Lee in good form etc....

HOT WINGS

FF definitley not a bad strategy on these bigger dogs. I do that quite often and may still do it tonight. I don't mind KC bullpen this year though. I actually think there rather solid as a unit. Atlanta bullpen obviously solid also. KC has a lot more value today then tomorrow IMO. I saw the line for Minor Vs Davis opened at -175 which is a game that would be Braves -1 or nothing for me. Most likely nothing.

tatddy

FF backers...nice work.

HOT WINGS

Lol yeah back to back to back jacks in bottom of 8th for Braves. I did play FFbut only half of what I had on game and chicken shitted and played the +.5 +110. Good example of why FF can be good on these big dogs that collapse late.