Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

does this logic seem legit?

because of the bombing yesterday....you think the red sox are an auto win today? -110 against the Indians

do you think the Indians just lay down on this one?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

More likely for bostons next home game if you believe in that kind of thing

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post
    because of the bombing yesterday....you think the red sox are an auto win today? -110 against the Indians

do you think the Indians just lay down on this one?
    I would NOT call it an auto-win for Boston. However, they could play more inspired ball. Also, the umps can be more favorable to Boston. Human nature.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Plus Tito can tell umbaldo to keep throwing meatballs to the plate!

Jotoole0821

hopefully this logic comes through tonight

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

If they were at Boston it would be my biggest play of the year in any sport

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would suggest it not wise to play any team in any sport when they may be distracted. Professional players try to stay on focus and are very into "the ritual" especially in every day sports. Any pre game festivities, any drama, any city event type stuff, I think takes away from a team's/player's ritual. At that level, I don't think a team can function any better. It's more likely they will function worse.

If anything, some Boston players may have woke up today either concerned about friends/family/fans in Boston than how they will hit/throw a curve ball or they have determined in the grand scheme of life baseball is not that important period. At least for today's game.

EVPlus

Red Sox are 4-0 in their last 4 during game 1 of a series.
    Indians are 3-8 in their last 11 during game 1 of a series.
    EDGE: BOS

Red Sox are 5-0 in their last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
    Indians are 17-39 in their last 56 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.

Red Sox are 4-1 in their last 5 road games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
    Indians are 11-24 in their last 35 home games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.

Red Sox are 5-1 in their last 6 after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous game.
    Indians are 7-17 in their last 24 when their opponent allows 2 runs or less in their previous game.

Red Sox are 4-1 in their last 5 games as a road favorite.
    Indians are 4-12 in their last 16 games as a home underdog.

Red Sox are 6-2 in Doubronts last 8 road starts with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
    Indians are 1-5 in Jimenezs last 6 starts with the total set at 7.0-8.5.

Red Sox are 1-5 in Doubronts last 6 starts during game 1 of a series.
    Indians are 0-4 in Jimenezs last 4 starts during game 1 of a series.
    EDGE: NONE

Red Sox are 1-4 in Doubronts last 5 starts on grass.
    Indians are 1-8 in Jimenezs last 9 starts on grass.

Red Sox are 4-10 in their last 14 road games.
    Indians are 8-17 in their last 25 home games.

Red Sox are 1-1 after an off day.
    Indians are 4-1 in their last 5 games following an off day.
    EDGE: CLE

Red Sox BP Road games 3.86 ERA
    Indians BP Home games 6.89 ERA

Red Sox BP Road WHIP 1.125
    Indians BP Home WHIP 1.404
    EDGE: BOS (small)

Red Sox 6 RUNS/.294 AVG/.368 OBP average Road Games
    Indians 3.6 RUNS/.212 AVG/.288 OBP average Home Games

Red Sox vs Righty Starters: 5.9 RUNS /.272 AVG /.340 OBP
    Indians vs Lefty Starters: 5.3 RUNS/.251 AVG /.302 OBP
    EDGE: NONE OR VERY SMALL TOWARDS BOS

PAYBACK IS A BTCH FACTOR:
    Francona, after getting fired at the end of the 2011 season. It can be argued that this is no way to treat a guy who brought home 2 World Series victories. And, even though that was two years ago, I suspect he wouldn't mind sticking to his old team. Furthermore, as the Red Sox ex-manager, he has a good feel for how they tick.
    EDGE: CLE

LOOK-AHEAD FACTOR:
    Boston, after this series, will face KC and Oakland. I don't know what the Red Sox feels about KC in terms of a threat; however, it's a safe play that they know they have a dog fight going up against Oakland. I would think this would motivate them to get the wins against teams such as Cleveland.
    Cleveland faces Houston and then the White Sox after their series with Boston. I suspect that the Indians are not terribly concerned with the White Sox and they are even less concerned with Houston. Does this mean they will play relaxed at Boston? And are the Indians one of those teams that play well when the pressure is not so overwhelming...?
    EDGE: Debatable

Situational Analysis:
    In the aftermath of yesterday's tragedy, I would like to think that Boston plays a more inspired game. I also suspect the umpires may be a bit more Red Sox friendly in terms of marginal calls. Last year, in the aftermath of the shootings in Colorado, the Rockies didn't do shit to garner more wins to give their fans something to smile about. Will Boston react the same way? I'm not so sure. Red Sox faithful are much more fanatical about their team than the Rockies fans are about theirs. And the Red Sox players know this. Sure, this is just another baseball game; however, (and I can very well be projecting here) I think Boston will be up for this game.

Of course, there is the possibility that the Red Sox did not rest easy yesterday; this can lead to a tired and distracted ball club.
    EDGE: Debatable

For me, I'm going in one unit on Red Sox. It's a conservative day for me. If anyone decides to tail based on what I wrote, keep in mind that confirmation bias is a sneaky bitch. In other words, I leaned Boston all morning and it can very well be argued that I sought out information and interpreted them to confirm my lean. As previously mentioned, Boston can very well be distracted/tired. I do strongly suspect, however, that Boston will win at least one game in this series.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 04-16-13 at 03:09 PM.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

that is a f*cking absurd angle

EVPlus

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    that is a f*cking absurd angle
    The OP's question of "do you think the Indians just lay down on this one?" is suspect. No team is just going to bend over and grab their ankles because the opposition had terrible things happen to their city. But how Boston responds is more open to debate.

Jotoole0821

well, just as i suspected...boston won .