HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Randy Johnson/Curt Schilling BEST 1/2 EVER

I'm only 23 so i was in elementary school when they were in az but i do remember them breaking my heart in the world series as a yankee fan that still hurts buts thats not the point of this thread. I have 3 questions because im too young to know. Just like basketball im too young to remember jordan so kobe/lebron are the best imo just like in baseball i think of Verlander and pedro martinez as the best but after watching a mlb documentary i did some digging and made wonder these 3 questions

1. Were they the greatest 1/2 combo EVER?

2. Is Randy Johnson the greatest all time?

3. WTF ere the lines on their gms lol -250 -270...couldnt have been higher could it?

Please answer my questions cause i wanna know from ppl who were old enough to remember and probably bet big money on them.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Randy johnson had over 300 K's 6 times and he and curt lead the league in K's for 2 straight seasons in AZ i know the juice on them was -250 minimum every 5 days

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4721

Maddux/Glavine for me. Johnson and Schilling didn't play for the amount of years together like the other two.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    Randy johnson had over 300 K's 6 times and he and curt lead the league in K's for 2 straight seasons in AZ i know the juice on them was -250 minimum every 5 days
    your right,but when betting -300 favs in 2000 and 2001 it was payday...these two only lost back2back at home once and id tell you how much money i lost,but you would never believe me....maddox and glavine,were good,but not that good in those 2 years....biggest fav ive ever seen was pedro martinez bos-400 vs det

tbird509

it was common to see them -300 up to -330 and around -230 -240ish on the road....he was one of the best

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    your right,but when betting -300 favs in 2000 and 2001 it was payday...these two only lost back2back at home once and id tell you how much money i lost,but you would never believe me....maddox and glavine,were good,but not that good in those 2 years....biggest fav ive ever seen was pedro martinez bos-400 vs det
    damn -400 for pedro that's Fn crazyyy. Wow between -300 to -330 for johnson and schilling at home and -230ish on the road, thats just insane. But after looking at their stats and win totals 12 years later i guess it was worth every penny. Now thats what i call placing a bet and kicking your feet up and not worrying about shit lol

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

is their a pitcher today that even comes close to being that kind of a lock like they were

tbird509

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    is their a pitcher today that even comes close to being that kind of a lock like they were
    nobody even close....and they had those numbers in the steroid era,which makes it even more insane how good they were

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    nobody even close....and they had those numbers in the steroid era,which makes it even more insane how good they were
    damn i forgot about that they were striking out juiced up HOF'ers (or at least they should be) when they were compiling their numbers. Not the same now days on b2b days we've seen Verlander, Cain, Hammels, Kershaw, and King felix ALL LOSE!!! They cant even strike out the whimps of today, they'd get shelled in the steroid era