OGKUSH420
    OGKUSH420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ogkush's 2013 mlb winners

Been lurking the forum for many years now and realize I can offer some valuable information on how I bet mlb.
    MLB is all about 2 things...

1. Money management (5 unit system)
    2. Value

Unit system ($100 per unit)
    1 - minimum play
    3- normal play
    5- maximum play

This 5 unit system is pretty simple to follow and can be very effective in the long run. Doubling or Tripling your plays can really eat away at a bankroll, which is the reason I chose a 5 unit system instead of 3.

Value
    Remember...baseball is a very long season...which is the main reason I don't start betting til pitchers have been fully cycled through rotation. Pricing out your picks and finding the best value is the 2nd most effective way to sustain a comfortable bankroll throughout the season.
    **I highly advise all of you to check out the lines the night before in order to grab reduced juiced lines. **

Let's make it a profitable season boys

AlessandroEgg
    AlessandroEgg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

lol I think you should smoke more weed.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13742

good luck buddy, Ill be following mainly because your name is very appealing to me

OGKUSH420

4/13 early card

SFO vs CUBBIES U8 (-105) 3 units
    Its only a few weeks into the season and I already really like the Giants to make a playoff run again this year. Bummy has looked nice out of the gate and matches up well against a very young chi town team. The Cubs are awful offensively where their ratio is 1.8 walks to 8.7 strikeouts...the lowest in the entire league (not getting on base nearly enough). On the other side of this match up is the Cubs go-to pitcher, Samardzija. This guy has a real solid game as seen last year and should continue to better his stats from 2012. Both of these teams allow just over 4 runs per game, and with the pitchers today, I like this one under 8.
    SFO - 4
    CUBS - 2

TAM vs BOSOX U8 (-105) 3 units
    Tampa Bay has been really struggling to get things going this season on the offensive end of things. They rank last in the AL in hits (just above 7) and are tied with the Angels for lowest runs scored in the AL. Boston has been having a nice bounce back season after last years mess of a season for them. Their currently at the top of the AL in defensive strikeouts (10) and allow very few runs at 3.4 a game (5th in the MLB). Price allowed 8 runs off 10 hits his last outing verse CLE but good pitchers find ways to get back into the grove. Were talking about 2012 Cy young Price for God sake!!
    TAM - 2
    BOSOX - 3

Will be back later this afternoon to post afternoon/late game lines. BOL

OGKUSH420

4/13 AFTERNOON CARD

DET vs OAK U3.5 FF (-115) 3 units
    DET vs OAK Verlander (-125) 3 units
    Really like the spot here to take the total of an undervalued pitcher like Anderson vs a public favorite in Verlander. A few things really stood out when crunching the numbers for this outing. Coco crisp and Lowrie will not be starting today. Also, Cespedes wont be starting because of his knee. Coco has been one of their hottest hitters on the team recently and Cespedes is arguably their best hitter period. Andersons thumb is not a concern, as the xrays came out negative. I cap this game to be a low scoring affair with Verlander and his crew coming out slightly ahead. I just hope Detroit's bullpen doesn't come in and blow it!
    DET-4
    OAK-1

Already looking at 1 later game...will be back if I decide to play it. BOL

OGKUSH420

Who doesn't love some OG?...cheers smutbucket

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

You post at blankets.com also, you have a avatar with some kush in a white cup right

OGKUSH420

Solid day today...3-1

Already locked in a couple plays for early games Sunday.
    Be back in the am for write ups

OGKUSH420

Record YTD (3-1) +$555
    1- (0-0)
    2- (0-0)
    3- (3-1)
    4- (0-0)
    5- (0-0)

It was a decent first day of the season for me yesterday. Let's keep it rollin' boys

4/14 early card

SFO vs CHC Lincecum (-115) 3 units
    Once again, im tailing the giants against a young Cub team at home. Few things stand out in this match up. Lincecum is coming off a decent (at best) game where he gave up 6 to the rockies. Bounce back time. Lincecum in Wrigley field is a different story. He's 3-0 career with a 1.82 ERA. On the other side, Jackson has been struggling. 0-2 with a 5.73 ERA. Another problem for Jackson is his control around the plate. His last outing against MIL he let up 5 runs off of 8 hits. It looks like the wind is blowing out towards left field at about 20 mph. I see this being a higher scoring outing than yesterday pitching dual. The giants have won the last 9 of 11 meetings against the Cubs.
    SFO-6
    CUBS-3

CHW vs CLE U8.5 (-110) 3 units

Peavy looked great in his first outing but then gave up 6 earned runs against the Nats. I like this spot for Peavy to turn the tables and get back on track. Come on, The Nats are one of the strongest slugging teams, it's not like he let up 6 against the Astros. I see Peavy capitalizing off of the absences of Carlos Santana and Jason Kipnis to the lineup. The weather should not be an issue, as the wind is almost non existent at the park today. Looking for a Peavy dominated game.
    CHW-5
    CLE-2

CIN vs PIT U7.5 (-110) 3 units
    The last time Latos came up to the mound, Choo gave him a helpful hand out in
    center field...haha. Today I see Latos taking care of a Pirates team that is really struggling on the offensive end. They rank 2nd to last in runs per game at 2.73 this year. They are playing decent defense though, holding opponents to 3.64 runs per game this year. Add the fact that their playing in Pittsburgh, I cant pass up the under here.
    CIN-3
    PIT-2
    Last edited by OGKUSH420; 04-14-13 at 11:25 PM.

OGKUSH420

4/14 AFTERNOON CARD

LOS vs ARI FF U5 (-120) 3 units
    I sense that the slightly higher total is due to Zonas batting as of late and the pitchers in todays match up. Cahil is 4-0 with a 2.43 ERA in 6 starts against the Dodgers. The dodgers have been struggling to really get the bats going as they are 5th worst in runs per game in the MLB. Beckett has been nothing special but I feel he can keep this a low scoring outing if he doesnt give up a long ball. Five of the eight runs he's allowed this season came off four homers. Even though Hill is back, putting Kubel on the DL will still give us a slight advantage on the under.
    LOS- 1
    ARI-5

BOL

Smutbucket

aight you got me on board to start tailing you. I trust the herbs you smoke and your anaylsis.....thanks for posting buddy!

OGKUSH420

Another nice day. 3-1. Will be back at it in the morning for writeups

OGKUSH420

Thank you smutbucket

OGKUSH420

Record YTD (6-2) +$1125
    1- (0-0)
    2- (0-0)
    3- (6-2)
    4- (0-0)
    5- (0-0)

4/15 CARD

LAA vs MIN Blanton (-115) 4 units
    The Angels barely squeaked by in their last series against the disastros, but their final 2 games looked ok for them. They just needed to get Hamilton and Trout going, and the last 2 games of the series both those guys came through. I see the momentum continuing for the Angels. They get Blanton his first W tonight. A slightly higher play than normal because its my only play for todays card. Get ready for a cold one in Minny!
    LAA-7
    MIN-4

BOL

OGKUSH420

0-1 yesterday. No problem. Let's get it back tonight. Just got off of work so no time for early writeups like usual. Listed plays today are:

TOTAL u10½ (-120) (NYM GM#2 vrs COL GM#2) [A LAFFEY -L/J FRANCIS -L] 3 units

BAL (-120) [Action] 4 units

u9 (-110) (TAM vrs BAL) [R HERNANDZ -R/J ARRIETA -R] 3 units

BOL

OGKUSH420

Record YTD (7-4-1) +$705
    1- (0-0)
    2- (0-0)
    3- (6-3-1)
    4- (1-1)
    5- (0-0)

We still squeaked a profitable day out of today. No work in the am. Will have writeups in the afternoon.

OGKUSH420

4/17 CARD
    DET vs SEA SCHERZER (-105) 4 units
    I really like the price were getting in this spot for a truly undervalued pitcher. Obviously its due to him facing King Felix on the mound, but Detroits bats have been hot lately. Scherzer has impressed me his first 2 starts and looks to keep his momentum tonight. 18 K's to 3 walks. I like Detroit to get ahead with their bats and stay ahead with Scherzer on the mound. The public love Felix.
    DET-5
    SEA-2

OAK vs HOU U8 (-110) 3 units
    Disatros are really awful and I honestly don't think ill ever bet on them even with all the value they have. Strikeout mania with that team. I dont see their bats picking up here at all. I like Colon to pitch a gem today in a low scoring battle. The wind is also slashing into towards right field which should aid in the under. Book it.
    OAK-4
    HOU-2

PIT vs STL Burnett (+105) 3 units

This rookie miller doesnt impress me at all. He beat up a shaky Milwauakee Brewers team...who cares? Burnett is a very good veteran who has been playing especially well this season. Pits offense has looked a little brutal at some points but they play better as a team at home then they do away. Im taking the crafty veteran at home for +money on this one.
    PIT-5
    STL-3

Might be back with one more play for later. Still deciding whether to pull the trigger or not. BOL

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post

Dmoneytx

The bud looked great. Your second play looks like shit already, 1-1 in the first inning already. Just my luck to tail you for the first time, with this play. Smh...

Dmoneytx

This play won't even make it to have action come the second inning. Holy cow. Wow, looks like u had the wrong side of this play big time. What a crappy start to my day. LOL.

Dmoneytx

Looks like the OVER is going to come in on the first inning alone. No worries. I knew in my gut it was probably a horrible play. And don't worry, u won't see me in this thread again. I took an outside chance, stupid me to bet baseball. God is it an awful sport to wager on & watch.

OGKUSH420

Youhave2outs looks like some heady kush.

Dmoney...good job for picking the only loss of the day. Idiot. Don't come in here bashing the thread. If you had just played my entire card for the units provided, you would have been up 4 units. Sucker.

OGKUSH420

Another profitable day yesterday with a big Detroit W!
    Record YTD (9-5-1) +$1090

1- (0-0)
    2- (0-0)
    3- (7-4-1)
    4- (2-1)
    5- (0-0)

4/18 CARD
    -OFF DAY-
    Just got back from work and didn't have a chance to look over this card well enough before game times. See you all back here on Friday.

OGKUSH420

Just got off work...no time for writeups. Still looking at later games but for the 7:00 games theres only one play

4/19 CARD

BAL (-115) 3 units

OGKUSH420

Balty game postponed.

As you all can tell, my write-ups are a little less extensive during the week. I work 50+ hours in a normal week, so i rarely get a chance to sit down and write my insight for the plays falling on weekdays. That being said, for people following/using my insight, plays during the week will continue to be a little shorter on the write-up side, but just as strong of a play.

4/20 early card

NYY vs TOR KURODA (-110) 3 units
    Ill take a hot yankee team as they face a decent pitcher on the mound in Buehrle. Yanks are 8-2 in their last 10 game stretch and I see them getting it done today on the road. Kuroda is 2-1 on the year with a 2.87 ERA and I'm already starting to buy into this guy. His last 2 starts are even nicer looking as
    Kuroda is 2-0, with a 1.88 ERA. Yankees as a team are 5-1 in Kurodas last 6 starts when they are facing American league East opponents. I've seen Buehrle pitch enough in previous years (im from Chicago), and im still not sold with his performance as of late. Buehrle has an awful 7.88 RA in three starts. I can see this being one of his worst seasons to date. Let's take a hot pitcher and a hot team with good value on the line.
    NYY-5
    TOR-2

BOS vs KAN U8 (-105) 3 units
    Let me start out by saying that I've really been hooked on Buchholz this season. I wanted to jump on the BOS ML, but I new it would be decently juiced. A -145 line just doesn't promote enough value for me. Im still going to take action on an under-juiced total though. Buchholz has been tremendous this season an is currently 3-0 with a .41 ERA and a .95 WHIP. He's only given up one, yes i said one, run in the 22 innings that hes pitched. Not to mention, Kansas City's bats aren't exactly on the hot side right now. They're a bottom 5 team in batting with only 56 runs piled in this season. Their towards the bottom in nearly every category regarding team hitting, only 5 HRs on the season...ouch! Let's roll with the U8 in what should be a nice day game in Boston.
    BOS-4
    KAN-1

Will be back in a couple hours if I decide to play any of the 3:00 games. BOL

OGKUSH420

4/20 afternoon card

DET vs LAA FF U5 (-110) 3 units
    Both of these pitchers have had some control issues this season, but the general statistics come from a small sample size. Richards is looking to capitalize off Weaver being on the DL by showing the pitching staff he's starting material. He got through a little more than 6 innings against houston only allowing 3 hits. Detoits offense has been struggling recently after they put up a nice hot streak with their bats earlier. The Detroit lineup is capable of knocking off just about any starting pitcher, but they are in a little bit of a funk as of late. I don't see both of these offenses picking up today even with these mediocre pitchers on the mound. Picking FF instead of full game because of the bullpens, especially Detroit. BOL
    DET-3
    LAA-4

OGKUSH420

4/20 night card

CLE vs HOU KAZMIR (-110) 4 units
    It's easy enough to fade a team like houston even without any information regarding the game. This Houston team leads the league in strikeouts because of all the trigger happy players. In their first 7 games, they struck out a total of 82 times. The only way I could see myself betting on Houston (ever), is if the pitching was a complete mismatch, or the value was too good to pass up. For this game tonight though, I really like this Cleveland team that is going up against a terrible pitcher in Humber. Im from Chicago, I saw his perfect game, and i HIGHLY doubt it will ever happen again. He's 0-3 with a 2.89 ERA this year and his statistics with the White Sox weren't anything special either. I think the line is a bit low here because of the unknown suspense factor, Kazmir. He makes his first start in a couple years, and although I can't back him with statistics (from this year), I like his chances facing this houston lineup. BOL
    CLE-6
    HOU-4

This completes the card for today. Will see you all back here tomorrow morning.

Smutbucket

Lol I just got home from running some errands....18-6 already.....lol nice pick. glad I doubld down

OGKUSH420

3-1 on the day.

Haha yes smutbucket, those games are the best, you don't have to watch the disastros play any more than one inning to cash your bet
    I loved that play tonight! Great 4/20 overall, yet another profitable day. Will have write-ups tomorrow morning for the early card.

OGKUSH420

Record YTD (12-6-1) +$1760
    1- (0-0)
    2- (0-0)
    3- (9-5-1)
    4- (3-1)
    5- (0-0)

A nice wrap up of my first MLB week of the 2013 season. Up over 17 units and still climbing!

4/21 early card

WAS vs NYM O7.5 (-105) 3 units
    The New York mets have really gotten their bats going as of late, and I like to ride the red hot hitters into today's matchup. The last 2 matchups in this series have exceeded the total both times. Washington and the Mets are a couple of the best slugging teams in baseball, with .442 and .446 slugging percentages. The New York mets lead the entire MLB in runs per game at just a little over 6. Neither of these pitchers really excite me, even with Zimmermann's 3-0 record. The over is a combined 26-12 between these 2 teams since the beggining of the season. I like this total to go over once again in this series. BOL
    WAS-5
    NYM-4

OAK vs TAM HERNANDEZ (+105) 3 units
    This Oakland team has looked good coming out of the gate, but I think their success will eventually start to level off. They've had the advantage of playing 2 series against the Disastors already, resulting in a quick 6 wins to start off the season. For Tampa, their season isn't exactly what they expected thus far. This is a high caliber franchise team that is not as bad as they've came out to start things off. They've already had to play 3 very solid teams: Baltimore, Boston, and Texas. Milone is 3-0 on the season but his wins aren't that impressive (HOU, SEA, and a struggling Angels team). Hernandez has had to face tough Texas and Baltimore hitters away from home, but his statistics still aren't awful despite that. I thought the line was going to be more juiced on the Rays, so I'll happily take the +money at home. Tampa has won 3 out their last 4 and I see this team catching a little fire to sweep a Cespedes-less Oakland team.
    OAK-3
    TAM-5

OGKUSH420

4/21 night card

STL vs PHI KENDRICK (EVEN) 5 units
    This is my largest play I've posted thus far and I feel it deserves the higher unit total for a few reasons. Westbrook looked solid his first 2 starts, and he still holds down his 0 ERA. Westbrooks other performance that you don't see on the stat sheet though, would likely of brought his numbers back to reality. He got roughed up allowing 4 runs in the 1st inning against the Pirates before the game was canceled due to weather. Kendrick is 1-1 with a 3.38 ERA and his last 2 starts, especially against the Reds, have shown solid numbers for the guy. He's had great success against St. Louis in general posting a record of 5-1. Both of these teams have struggled hitting and Beltran has been the only person keeping it going for the Cards lately. What are they going to do when Beltran doesn't hit a homer? Philly has been a little trigger happy with the bats, but that style of play should eventually get them on a hot streak. I like Kendrick and the Philly squad to get it done as a home dog here, especially after being shut out at home yesterday. Large play tonight fellas, let's cash it.

OGKUSH420

2-1

Great way to end the night by cashing a max bet.

2178ice
    2178ice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Nice job OG looks like your tearing it up man! keep up the good work! ill be following. Make that

OGKUSH420

2178ice

1234 Last