bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like the Yankees are dumping the big unit

I guess the boss is fed up with Randy Johnson, because he's now on the block

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego and Arizona appear to be the two major front runners.

bigboydan

It's gonna take a top prospect for either one of these two teams to get him.

Illusion

Just remember Randy still has a no trade clause in his contract.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I think the Yankees would be better off with out Randy Johnson. He is past his prime, and only hurts the team he plays on these days. Maybe Randy will finish up his career in Arizona.

bigboydan

Looks like it's been confirmed, because reports today are saying the D'backs are interested in getting him back.

I'm still wondering why AZ would want him back at his advanced age, and high dollar contract though. It's not like Randy is going to take them into the world series again this time around.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Looks like it's been confirmed, because reports today are saying the D'backs are interested in getting him back.

I'm still wondering why AZ would want him back at his advanced age, and high dollar contract though. It's not like Randy is going to take them into the world series again this time around.
    Randy will sell tickets and that's the main reason. Arizona's fan base has been dwindling in recent years.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I can't imagine the Yanks unloading him on anyone without paying a hefty portion of whatever's left on his contract. Also can't imagine Johnson vetoing a deal to either Arizona or San Diego.