greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Lot of action looks good tomorrow afternoon. Sadly I've forced myself into sticking with a game plan, with no availability to chase a loss the rest of the series I'm trying to not play anything tomorrow and wait for the next series to start on Monday. That being said there are a lot of action I'd personally be looking at here:

Harrell pitching at home trying to avoid the sweep at +150. He looked like a major league pitcher the first time up, think he might look better than Norris did tonight.

No Score 1st inning of several games tomorrow - Rays/Indians, Royals/Phils and Angels/Rangers

Getting Weaver at +$, even on the road against "one out from perfection" Darvish is worth a look. Angels are simply the much better team

Sabathia could throw 7 shutout innings tomorrow, at +173 that is a sick number. Verlander won't win every game this year....

If the White Sox didn't beat up Felix this afternoon I'd scratch my game plan and take Sale on the RL tomorrow. Maybe it's just me but the price of Sale at home (-163) should not be comparable to Anderson (-155) pitching on the road.

Might talk myself into one or more of the prop bets when I wake up tomorrow. Will see how it goes.

greenhippo

Lakers Live is still +$.....

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Lot of action looks good tomorrow afternoon. Sadly I've forced myself into sticking with a game plan, with no availability to chase a loss the rest of the series I'm trying to not play anything tomorrow and wait for the next series to start on Monday. That being said there are a lot of action I'd personally be looking at here:

Harrell pitching at home trying to avoid the sweep at +150. He looked like a major league pitcher the first time up, think he might look better than Norris did tonight.

No Score 1st inning of several games tomorrow - Rays/Indians, Royals/Phils and Angels/Rangers

Getting Weaver at +$, even on the road against "one out from perfection" Darvish is worth a look. Angels are simply the much better team

Sabathia could throw 7 shutout innings tomorrow, at +173 that is a sick number. Verlander won't win every game this year....

If the White Sox didn't beat up Felix this afternoon I'd scratch my game plan and take Sale on the RL tomorrow. Maybe it's just me but the price of Sale at home (-163) should not be comparable to Anderson (-155) pitching on the road.

Might talk myself into one or more of the prop bets when I wake up tomorrow. Will see how it goes.
    So you typed all this out and didn't follow through with any of them?

greenhippo

Yeah, ended yesterday thinking I would make zero bets today. I had a goal for the first week of baseball and I more than doubled it. I didn't want the day before I make my first of what will hopefully be many cashouts to be losing bets which might negatively affect plays tomorrow or how much I cashout for in the morning. If this were Saturday I would have taken Sabathia and Weaver on the ML and did more than just my one No score 1st inning prop bets that I did today. Overall it was still a 2-0 afternoon but I did miss out on some ripe money with the Yanks.
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave greenhippo 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mcduggly

Yeah, ended yesterday thinking I would make zero bets today. I had a goal for the first week of baseball and I more than doubled it. I didn't want the day before I make my first of what will hopefully be many cashouts to be losing bets which might negatively affect plays tomorrow or how much I cashout for in the morning. If this were Saturday I would have taken Sabathia and Weaver on the ML and did more than just my one No score 1st inning prop bets that I did today. Overall it was still a 2-0 afternoon but I did miss out on some ripe money with the Yanks.
    You only posted 1 play, how are you 2-0 on the day? You're all over the place in this thread, which is why not many people are following. You keep going back and forth between plays on here, ones you aren't playing, and ones that involve other sports. In my opinion, for what it's worth, you need to make it easy to follow and keep it organized. Good luck.

greenhippo

I made one play here, posted it. It won, it went on my record. I made another play, posted it 30 minutes after and said wasn't counted on my record. I even made a post saying it wasn't counted towards it........how is that unclear? How is

Just 10 minutes to game time but went ahead and went super small on No score 1st Tigers/Yanks. I think Sabathia is on his game today and will get through a couple of no run innings to start off. Same to be said for Verlander.
    173270971-1 4/7/13 2:17pm $.00 $.00 Pending 4/7/13 1:00pm NBA Basketball 501 New York Knicks/Oklahoma City Thunder 2nd Half Over 98 +105*

96 points with 4:45 to play.
    ^^^^ Obviously posted after halftime

I won't be counting this one on the record as I didn't post it at the half.
    How in the hell is that unclear?
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave greenhippo 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

greenhippo

I'm hardly understanding the lack of knowledge about 'going back and forth between games' and 'ones that involve other sports'

Not a single time in this thread or the other did I say I would make a wager and then say nevermind. Every documented play was calmly and directly stated as "I'm taking team A" ect. There was no question about what play I was making. As far as other sports, what's the name of this thread?
    Points Awarded:

ghislaine gave greenhippo 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mcduggly

Misunderstood, thought you said 2 No runs scored winners.
    Points Awarded:

greenhippo gave mcduggly 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Misunderstood, thought you said 2 No runs scored winners.

ghislaine
    ghislaine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1281

I am one of three tailing and may I just say, awesome, You stay blazin' !
    But I have to say also, had trouble understanding too yesterday what was a play and what not
    However, hottest capper at the moment and You will get more followers I am sure of it ! Maybe cool colors and bold text on true picks.
    Whatever You do, don't stop the write-ups and thoughts they are also much appreciated
    BOL this beginning week man Gave You my measly two points....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by ghislaine View Post
    But I have to say also, had trouble understanding too yesterday what was a play and what not
    However, hottest capper at the moment and You will get more followers I am sure of it ! Maybe cool colors and bold text on true picks.
    Whatever You do, don't stop the write-ups and thoughts they are also much appreciated
    Exactly what I was trying to say.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Hippo red hot
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YkyhvCdJ_vM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YkyhvCdJ_vM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Last edited by TankHankerous; 04-08-13 at 10:55 AM.
    Nomination(s):

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by ghislaine View Post
    understood completely, I tend to ramble when I'm thinking about several games at once. Will take the advice of bolding picks from here on out.

BigBoi
    BigBoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Any plays in early games hippo?

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi View Post
    Any plays in early games hippo?
    Nothing until all of my prop bets are listed. 5dimes has zero 1st inning score props posted yet.

The 7.5 listed on the Cards/Reds looks odd to me. I know Garcia is solid at home but the Reds have already put up runs on Strasburg and Weaver, Latos didn't look solid in his first outing. There must be something here I don't understand with the number being so low.

BigBoi

CIncy/St Lou first inning is listed at -130.

greenhippo

No brainer

No score 1st inning Pitt/Ari

You've got Wandy who I had on the RL his first start going againt Cahill at home. This is going to be a very low scoring game unless Rodriguez decides to shit the bed. Even if he does though it won't happen until the middle innings. I doubt there's even a hit the first inning. I thought this would have been a -140 - -155 juiced prop, at -125 I can't pass this up. Note that this will be a chase for the series, one of the games will have no score in the first and this one looks like the best opportunity.

At work so will look at more matchups here before the first games start.

greenhippo

I'll never take the prop when certain teams are playing: Cardinals, Reds, Rangers any Rockies home game. Also depending on the matchups when the Yanks, Red Sox, Brewers play. Been quite a few games the last couple of days with big scores in the first, luckily been able to avoid them so far.

greenhippo

No score 1st inning Boston/Orioles.

Another line (-115) that I think should be higher. Boston's home opener, so I have little worry that Buchholz will be sharp at the beginning and build on his impressive game against the Yankees. Worry is Chen getting through it with a crowd that will no doubt be hyped with the Red Sox's impressive 4-2 start. He did however post a sub 1.5 ERA in his last two starts against Boston and even though they're 7th in the league in runs at 6 a game, like the Pitt/Ari game I think damage is done in the 3-6 innings. I'll have to cap the next two games before taking a chase on this one as both teams have been great at the plate the first week.

greenhippo

One out to go.......

Winner winner winner

Bwahaha, too easy my friends .

greenhippo

Baseball: 14-1-1 (1*)
    NBA: 2-1

Overall: 16-1-2 (1*)

​Because of the range of my bets with some of them being -130 and others being +170, going to just stick with a record because nothing on my end is a set unit.

* Indicates number of losses that were chased and won thus making the # of losses an eventual +. As of 4/6/13 only one loss has overall cost me $.

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice i greenhippo bos/balt no score !st

ghislaine
    ghislaine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1281

Well done & still nothing on third. Missed this, but congrats ! Thanks for the write ups too ! A lot to learn in bases for me

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

gonna start tailing these 1st inning props. I remember their are sites that show the # of runs scored per team per inning. Does anyone know the link to one of these sites?

greenhippo

I'm tracking it myself on a spreadsheet at home, categorized by which team scored and which pitcher gave up the run(s). Will admit there has been luck with the outstanding record on the props so far but at the same time for every batter that starts out at .380 the first month there are another 3 batters hitting under .200. Hitters always take longer to get acclimated to the season than pitchers do. By the time it evens itself out in a few more weeks the spreadsheet should hopefully have enough info to give me better analysis.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    gonna start tailing these 1st inning props. I remember their are sites that show the # of runs scored per team per inning. Does anyone know the link to one of these sites?
    http://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat...-runs-per-game

greenhippo

Minnesota and Kansas City both haven't scored a run in the first inning so far this season, they play eachother in 10 minutes.

greenhippo

Good find Tank, only thing I don't like is no breakdown of the pitchers.

BigBoi

Well shit. The prop disappeared.

greenhippo

I wouldn't have taken it for this game anyway Big. Teams will score or allow a first inning run about a quarter of the time, they've already played 6 games each, something is going to give and it could be now. Safe no play here.

Would have taken the Yanks game if I was forced to make a move.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

I'm on the over 8.5 in the yankees game. I have a feeling it will be a close but a high scoring game nonetheless.

greenhippo

Woooooo, glad I stayed away from these 3 o'clock showtimes. Tank is in good hands with his over right now.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi View Post
    Well shit. The prop disappeared.
    And that's why it was the perfect game to let go.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!

I'm with you on the pit/ari game hippo. Scared money don't make money, let's get it!

First 12345 ... Last