NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Bryce Harper Will Win the 2013 NL MVP

I had this kid ranked as a top 6 player this year before the season started looking for fantasy baseball drafting and projections.

His second half of the season he had 12 HRs in the last 38 games or something.

Harper always hits to contacts too and hustles like a MF'er. Barring any major injuries like Brett Lawrie had by hustling....easily 220 hits and 40 HR's. Signs were there last year.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

after he ropes 2 hr's in his 1st 2 AB's LOL....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

but kinda agree....gives 110% AND is a natural

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is an overreaction thread if I've ever seen one.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    No it is not an over reaction thread. I am sticking by it even if he goes 0 for his next 15. Kid hits to contact like Ichiro in his prime and has 40 HR power. If that isn't MVP combo I don't know what is.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forty homeruns is pushing it. Harper will be a great player no doubt but you're asking him to double his hr total from 22 to 40 ???? Not happening dude ....unless he's on some incredible juice. Thirty homeruns would be a reachable goal and 30 hrs will not win the MVP unless he's hitting like .330 with that.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Forty homeruns is pushing it. Harper will be a great player no doubt but you're asking him to double his hr total from 22 to 40 ???? Not happening dude ....unless he's on some incredible juice. Thirty homeruns would be a reachable goal and 30 hrs will not win the MVP unless he's hitting like .330 with that.

The kid hasn't even reached his full potential yet. He was only 19 and still hit 22 HR's last year just getting his feet wet! Bottom line he is a natural and gives it 100% every time out there.....only he can derail himself. 38-44 HR's is not out of the realm for him.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

What a lame thread
    You have all year to say it, then 5 seconds after his 2nd HR of the game you rub one out to him ROFL

Saloon this shit for being such a tool.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    What a lame thread
    You have all year to say it, then 5 seconds after his 2nd HR of the game you rub one out to him ROFL

Saloon this shit for being such a tool.
    You sound like an idiot. I predicted the Knicks would win over 50+ games this year three games into the season and everyone then said I was "overreacting". Well new flash gooey.....they will.

And Bryce Harper is easily a top 3 MVP candidate this season.....book it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    i know right! i cant believe how many guys are on that dudes dikk

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i know right! i cant believe how many guys are on that dudes dikk
    Watch a baseball game and understand what periphals you need to look at to see what a break out player looks like. Clearly most of you can't so you revert to the "over reaction" or "nobody is smarter than me" logic.

Pathetic.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Most guys are the stud of their high school, stud of their college, stud in A ball, stud in AA ball, stud in AAA, then struggle in MLB if they even make it that far.

Harper was a stud of all studs in high school, left HS early to play against college players, he was a stud there at 16, stud in AA ---went straight to MLB and hit .270 with 20+ HR and 20+ steals as an 18 year old.

Let me tell you this, I watched him last year and I watched today's game and nobody swings harder than him. Harper has got to have the fastest bat speed in MLB. He's left handed. He's strong. He has good balance. He's a smart hitter. Last year they kept throwing him curves and it brought his average down - he crushed the 1st curve ball he saw this year over the fence. He has lofty goals. When Harper was drafted he said he wanted to hit .400. He apparently set really lofty goals for this MLB season and I wouldn't bet against him.

He was the 1st pick in the draft a few years ago. He wasn't the defacto #1 pick - He and Strassburg were both like once in a decade #1 picks and they are both living up to the hype.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Most guys are the stud of their high school, stud of their college, stud in A ball, stud in AA ball, stud in AAA, then struggle in MLB if they even make it that far.

Harper was a stud of all studs in high school, left HS early to play against college players, he was a stud there at 16, stud in AA ---went straight to MLB and hit .270 with 20+ HR and 20+ steals as an 18 year old.

Let me tell you this, I watched him last year and I watched today's game and nobody swings harder than him. Harper has got to have the fastest bat speed in MLB. He's left handed. He's strong. He has good balance. He's a smart hitter. Last year they kept throwing him curves and it brought his average down - he crushed the 1st curve ball he saw this year over the fence. He has lofty goals. When Harper was drafted he said he wanted to hit .400. He apparently set really lofty goals for this MLB season and I wouldn't bet against him.

He was the 1st pick in the draft a few years ago. He wasn't the defacto #1 pick - He and Strassburg were both like once in a decade #1 picks and they are both living up to the hype.
    Finally someone in this thread with some common sense.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Ryan Zimmerman is supposed to be a 30 HR vet right?

Watch the game today and watch Harper on the balls he even fouled off. He has got to have the fastest bat speed in MLB. Zimmerman comes up after him and he's a 30 HR type guy and he looked like crap. Compare their two swings and it's like night and day. His bat speed looked so much slower and he looked weaker. Bryce Harper is pure muscle and he's quick.

The guy skipped AAA and hit .270 as an 18 year old. I don't see this guy having a sophmore slump, I see last years numbers as a floor with him getting better. He should have Ryan Braun or Matt Kemp type numbers.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    The guy skipped AAA and hit .270 as an 18 year old. I don't see this guy having a sophmore slump, I see last years numbers as a floor with him getting better. He should have Ryan Braun or Matt Kemp type numbers.
    Remember guys Harper is still a kid and is only showing signs that he will become even better. hes not some hyped up 26 year old with lots of room to regress.

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Stupid thread.

We should be talking about the Astros being the best in the AL.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    Stupid thread.

We should be talking about the Astros being the best in the AL.
    Another idiot...trying ti be funny I guess.

NYSportsGuy210

Bryce with home run #8 tonight. On pace for 46-50 HR's this year. Weather isn't even warm yet.