bankshot
    bankshot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Testing a system

There's probably an answer already on this forum, but I couldn't find search terms to locate it, so...

I would like to paper-test a betting system I have created. I need downloadable MLB betting lines for every game in a season. If possible, I would like to test against several seasons. I need date, teams and +/-, such as +155, -140. If possible, final result (score, or at least W/L). If that isn't available in the same download, I can get the scores elsewhere and merge them with the line.

Anyone know where I can get this data?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by bankshot; 03-31-13 at 05:47 PM. Reason: fixed typo

ActuaryDan
    Update your status
    ActuaryDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 678

downloadable, no. You'll have to scrape websites, but the info is out there.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8966

Quote Originally Posted by bankshot View Post
    There's probably an answer already on this forum, but I couldn't find search terms to locate it, so...

I would like to paper-test a betting system I have created. I need downloadable MLB betting lines for every game in a season. If possible, I would like to test against several seasons. I need date, teams and +/-, such as +155, -140. If possible, final result (score, or at least W/L). If that isn't available in the same download, I can get the scores elsewhere and merge them with the line.

Anyone know where I can get this data?

Thanks for your help!
    http://www.oddsportal.com/baseball/usa/mlb/