PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roy Halladay Tested For Cancer?

Heard a rumor today that shocked me.

My friend was visiting his therapist, and he overheard talk among the doctors that Roy Halladay was recently tested for cancer by the Phillies.

Said that they were talking and said that the Phillies were concerned that Halladay had lost significant speed on his fastball and at first the Phillies thought it was just the flu.

Said they became alarmed when something was apparently discovered that made them worry. Said they had him tested for cancer.

Take it for what it's worth. Don't know if it's true or not and we'll probably never know.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

So it makes sense that he's pitching today then

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    So it makes sense that he's pitching today then

He only pitched 4 1/3 innings. He was on a monitored pitch count. Anyway, it's just a rumor.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

How would those doctors know? Your medical information is completely confidential. Doctors cannot talk to other doctors about that kind of stuff. Why would doctors at your friends therapist office even know this? I very much doubt any one of those doctors tested Doc. He would be tested very privately and by a top of the line doctor/hospital.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    How would those doctors know? Your medical information is completely confidential. Doctors cannot talk to other doctors about that kind of stuff. Why would doctors at your friends therapist office even know this? I very much doubt any one of those doctors tested Doc. He would be tested very privately and by a top of the line doctor/hospital.
    I agree. I don't have the answers you seek. You brought up the part that bothers me the most though. The fact that it was DOCTORS talking about this and not just average Joes sitting around in a lobby.

It's one thing when you hear shit in the street from average people but it's quite another to hear doctors talking about people being tested for cancer.

OMGRandyJackson

And honestly why would they be talking about someone that big, that openly? Makes 0 sense, so Im gonna call bullshit on this one.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

This kids a certified Fukkin idiot
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DrStale, and Naz18

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    This kids a certified Fukkin idiot

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10430

I heard this about a year ago actually from my dad's friend who works for the phillies. Apparently he has colon cancer. I know that some media members know about it, but are giving him the respect he deserves and not reporting.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

How do the doctor's know about halladays fastball. I call bullcrap too.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    The fact that it was DOCTORS talking about this and not just average Joes sitting around in a lobby.
    Doctors are still people and can talk about patients, and it doesnt surprise me at all, most med students act like know it alls, plus if a public figure is involved gossip will fly. Doctors can be part of the rumor mill just like anyone else, but most athletes are tested on an annual basis anyways since they have insurance policies right?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post
    How do the doctor's know about halladays fastball. I call bullcrap too.
    What?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nova99 View Post
    Doctors are still people and can talk about patients, and it doesnt surprise me at all, most med students act like know it alls, plus if a public figure is involved gossip will fly. Doctors can be part of the rumor mill just like anyone else, but most athletes are tested on an annual basis anyways since they have insurance policies right?
    I don't know if athletes are tested for diseases. My assumption was they are tested for performance-enhancing drugs.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

youre a dumb fuk

do you think a doctor is going to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars in education and millions in future earnings by violating the hipaa laws? do you even realize that theyd be breaking the law by discussing this shit? this isnt quite the same as you bussing the table of peewee herman after he's finished his lunch

and this just in....med students arent doctors

OMGRandyJackson

If Roy Halladay had colon Cancer during the 2012 season, he would not be playing. If Roy Halladay had cancer, only 7 people would know period. Roy and his family, the doctor, head trainer, the coach, the owner, gm, and agent. Low level employees that your friends dad knows or w/e knowing this info is complete bs.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Magic johnson gave Michael Jordan aids during Xmas

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

youre a dumb fuk

do you think a doctor is going to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars in education and millions in future earnings by violating the hipaa laws? do you even realize that theyd be breaking the law by discussing this shit? this isnt quite the same as you bussing the table of peewee herman after he's finished his lunch

Of course they are not going to reveal patient secrets when reporters come knocking, I didnt mean that, but when they talk to each other and their friends they say A LOT about their patients, most practice caution and try not mention any medical details. If some public figure walks into a clinic or ER there is a very good chance others will be told of it.

I don't know if athletes are tested for diseases. My assumption was they are tested for performance-enhancing drugs.
    I was under the impression they get a yearly preseason physical to make sure they dont have any serious conditions that may affect their performance on the field.

OMGRandyJackson

I was under the impression they get a yearly preseason physical to make sure they dont have any serious conditions that may affect their performance on the field.
    They do when they sign a contract or extension. I do not know about every season tho.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

His dad is the one with colon cancer, isn't he?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

youre a dumb fuk

billfish215
    billfish215's Avatar Become A Pro!

Halladay Cancer

I also heard this rumor last year when Halladay took a leave for "personal reasons". Some people were talking that he was tested and came back positive for testicular cancer. Well after talking to a Daily News sports writer who has never steered me wrong said I was the first person he was hearing this from. I find it very hard to imagine your "friend" heard doctors talking about thus. First any Dr worth his salt knows he's breaking confidential info and if they were treating him they would never talk about it in public. I think this is all just skuttlebutt,

Heard a rumor today that shocked me.

My friend was visiting his therapist, and he overheard talk among the doctors that Roy Halladay was recently tested for cancer by the Phillies.

Said that they were talking and said that the Phillies were concerned that Halladay had lost significant speed on his fastball and at first the Phillies thought it was just the flu.

Said they became alarmed when something was apparently discovered that made them worry. Said they had him tested for cancer.

Take it for what it's worth. Don't know if it's true or not and we'll probably never know.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This kid is so stupid. Worst poster since Kerry.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Magic johnson gave Michael Jordan aids during Xmas
    I think Magic Johnson never did have Aids.

Was all a publicity stunt

rcene

Oh and Halladay looks sick.

Pale color

OMGRandyJackson

He has always looked pale lol

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by billfish215 View Post
    I also heard this rumor last year when Halladay took a leave for "personal reasons". Some people were talking that he was tested and came back positive for testicular cancer. Well after talking to a Daily News sports writer who has never steered me wrong said I was the first person he was hearing this from. I find it very hard to imagine your "friend" heard doctors talking about thus. First any Dr worth his salt knows he's breaking confidential info and if they were treating him they would never talk about it in public. I think this is all just skuttlebutt,
    First of all, he said it was doctors talking to each other not to patients or regular joes.

When did you speak to the daily news reporter? Recently?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This kid is so stupid. Worst poster since Kerry.
    Fraudboy, you still here?

I thought SBR banned proven frauds like you.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

..... So anyways yesterday I was sitting in a bean-bag chair naked eating cheaters and I thought myself, I don't give a penetrate if he has cancer or not.

OMGRandyJackson

First of all, he said it was doctors talking to each other not to patients or regular joes.
    A doctor is still not allowed to give or discuss your medical records to someone else just because the other person is a doctor. They can only release that information to people you have given them consent to.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

HIPPA.

Learn it. And you'll realize how f'in stupid this rumor is.

And if you don't think docs take HIPPA seriously, you're sorely mistaken.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

cancer has taken doc's last two starts off

rcene

Winner!