konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Should the World Baseball Classic be cancelled??

What does the WBC really mean or really prove?
    We know the USA has the best baseball everyone
    flocks here to make the money and play mlb. How
    many that are successful actually return home?
    A lot of these countries kids are juicing at age 12
    just hoping to make the bigs here and not concern
    about what it does to their bodies.
    If the WBC is really going to mean anything then dont
    you think the players that represent that country should
    be playing in that country?
    I really dont get the meaning

Antwon1825
    Antwon1825's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's for fun, just like everything else. And to make money

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's hugely popular is the reason

Team Japan's opening-round action last week in the World Baseball Classic received television ratings in Japan exceeding almost all other sporting events over the past year.
    Nearly one-third of all televisions on in Japan were tuned in to the Classic, beating out all broadcasts of the 2012 Summer Olympics. The ratings also surpassed all other sporting events televised in the country over the past year, with the exception of World Cup soccer events.
    The highest ratings came in Japan's opening game against Brazil on Saturday, a 5-3 victory that drew a 35 share (percentage of televisions on that were tuned to the game). Japan's win the following day against China, as well as its first-round finale -- and only loss -- against Cuba, each drew a 30 share.
    After advancing out of Pool A with a 2-1 record, Japan opened second-round play with a 4-3 victory over Chinese Taipei on Friday morning in Tokyo. Team Japan's next game will take place Sunday morning at 8 p.m. locally/7 a.m. ET, when the two-time defending World Baseball Classic champions take on the Kingdom of the Netherlands in a game that can be watched live on MLB Network and ESPN Deportes.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

You make it seem like only non-USA players juice. They all do. Is USA the best baseball team? I don't know. Do I enjoy watching the games? Hell yes. Do the players love playing in it? I think some do more than others who use it as a showcase.

In a few more tries, I think it will start catching on. Have some national pride and just cheer for the US of A

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Its more for the other countries. While maybe we dont take it serious all these other countries do. In japan their first 2 games were the highest rated sports shows on tv over there.
    Now i dont disagree with what your saying at all. I dont like the fact that a guy could be born here but play for another country because of his nationality.

Im actually pretty suprised i got into it this year. Maybe its because of the betting and how easy its been so far. Or maybe its just cuz i love baseball and cant stand spring training games.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It's better watching a competitive WBC game than a meaningless spring training game where no one tries to play hard.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I actually enjoy it. I wish the U.S. would send its best players though.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

the whole structure is retarded...but I guess it does come from the same people who have a 1 game playoff after a 162 game season so how it happened makes perfect sense.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    the whole structure is retarded...but I guess it does come from the same people who have a 1 game playoff after a 162 game season so how it happened makes perfect sense.
    It's hard to make a decent format in such a short window is played. Anyone can lose on any given day especially if your pitcher can't find the strike zone.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

MLB is slowing turning into the Japanese league

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

I would rather sit and watch a spring training game then that wbc garbage any day and i am the angels are on just about evryday and i have not seen 1 single second or replays of that crap

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's awesome. I thoroughly enjoy the WBC. However, it's not because I'm American or root for the USA. The best games never include the USA. Seriously, we have said loudly that we don't give a flying fukk about the WBC as a nation.

We have never sent anything remotely resembling our best ball players. We never will. The guys down there, good for them, but don't confuse them with America's best ball players.

However, the enjoyment is in watching two broke dick countries go at it, with passionate fans and players, thinking it proves their worth - in some weird way.

Cuba lost to Holland, and damn near went into a national mourning.

The dumb beans, not understanding the rules, with the best baseball fight I've seen since Nolan Ryan put Robin Ventura in a headlock.

Players are playing hard in this thing, and for something more than money, which is awesome to watch considering how big some of the Stars are on the other teams.

I love the WBC, it's without a doubt better than the MLB regular season.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's better watching a competitive WBC game than a meaningless spring training game where no one tries to play hard.
    A lot of ST games are not worth much but I watch to see who could have big pitching years. There are a few
    really good ones so far, maybe the teams they play on arent good or dont win ST games but for the 4 innings they pitch they are showing big already. Hamels Niese Harvey all looking like a quick start is possible.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    A lot of ST games are not worth much but I watch to see who could have big pitching years. There are a few
    really good ones so far, maybe the teams they play on arent good or dont win ST games but for the 4 innings they pitch they are showing big already. Hamels Niese Harvey all looking like a quick start is possible.
    Koncker irony is sorta dripping from this post

Hamels got shelled by Dominican Republic team

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Koncker irony is sorta dripping from this post

Hamels got shelled by Dominican Republic team
    Maybe he is using the WBC as a vacation with no value he did pitch great his first to starts here
    in Florida. I was at his opener.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Im sure the Phils dont want him throwing 100% when its not for them an not supervised by them

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

USA doesn't care about WBC.....No one is even watching it here.......It's more for other countries who have nothing as far as baseball.......It's everything for them

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Maybe he is using the WBC as a vacation with no value he did pitch great his first to starts here
    in Florida. I was at his opener.
    No it was the Phils vs DR. Scrimmage. He's been mowing everyone down in ST but he got rocked in that game. Like 8 runs in 2 ip or something like that.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    USA doesn't care about WBC.....No one is even watching it here.......It's more for other countries who have nothing as far as baseball.......It's everything for them
    This.

This was the stupid solution they came up with when they took baseball out of the Olympics. You probably can count the # of Americans who have watched more than nine innings on two hands.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

What does the WBC really mean or really prove?
    We know the USA has the best baseball everyone
    flocks here to make the money and play mlb. How
    many that are successful actually return home?
    A lot of these countries kids are juicing at age 12
    just hoping to make the bigs here and not concern
    about what it does to their bodies.
    If the WBC is really going to mean anything then dont
    you think the players that represent that country should
    be playing in that country?
    I really dont get the meaning
    With full lineups USA would have the best pitching squad and dominican republic the best batting squad.
    This is not basketball, the usa are not as dominant, the rest of the world can play.
    Just look at the lineups you'll see.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

USA has the best baseball league.....but that doesn't mean the national team is the best...