PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    You're about to lose this argument from both sides of the coin.

Actually Raburn has more ML experience than Dom Brown, my notation of him as a Double AA player was sarcasm, but the guy has bounced around between the minor/major league level as Brown has.

In fact, Raburn has played about the same number of games Dom Brown played in 2012.

Now, do you want to talk projections?

Raburn was a 5th round selection, Dom Brown was a 20th round selection.

So, now what? Still think we're comparing apples to oranges?

Raburn has done more in the majors than Brown has, food for thought.

Using your logic, Raburn's breakout spring should carry more weight, but it doesn't. Why? Because 26 ABs are worthless. Absolutely worthless.

At least wait till March 28th before proclaiming Brown has a "monster" spring.
    First of all, Raburn wasn't even in this conversation until you switched it from Peguero.

Secondly, Raburn was NEVER projected as a five tool player that Brown was once they got into their minor league careers.

Raburn was also never considered, at any point, as the best prospect in the Detroit organization as Brown was for the Phillies.

Again, comparing apples to oranges here. A career .250 hitter to and up and coming star for the Phillies.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    First of all, Raburn wasn't even in this conversation until you switched it from Peguero.

Secondly, Raburn was NEVER projected as a five tool player that Brown was once they got into their minor league careers.

Raburn was also never considered, at any point, as the best prospect in the Detroit organization as Brown was for the Phillies.

Again, comparing apples to oranges here. A career .250 hitter to and up and coming star for the Phillies.
    You're right.

It is comparing apples to oranges.

Raburn is the better player.

Raburn is a .250 career hitter, and Brown is .235 hitter.

And you suggesting Brown is some phenom/to/be is silly. You keep throwing around the "5-tool" player tag on Brown, and he hasn't done shit.

Josh Hamilton, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper-- those are 5 tool players. Brown is a stiff minor leaguer that the Phillies are close to giving up on.

Any time you want to be a grown up and make a bet with me about this, I'm in. I will bet Brown doesn't hit higher than .260 this season.

You do realize "5-tools" includes average? Brown won't sniff .275, and it will take a small miracle for him to top .260, and if you're thinking he is going to top 20 HRs, you are clinically insane. There is not a single sabermetric analyst anywhere that is putting Brown's number over .268-.270, with 13-15 HRs.

Some "5-tool" player you have there.
    Last edited by SamDiamond; 03-07-13 at 01:51 PM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

HUGE Fan and season ticket owner but lets be real here. Revere will not be leading off as he should since Charlie Manuel has his head up his ass and will continue to lead off with rollins. Halladay is a big unknown this season. Even though its early in spring, his fastballs been at 86-88mph. I swear its like watching Groundhog Day with this team
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 03-07-13 at 02:31 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Philly just needs to admit he's a homer and leave it at that. Nothing wrong with being a homer if you're a real fan. Just realize when your arguments are a little ridiculous.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Raburn is raking this spring also

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

You're right.

It is comparing apples to oranges.

Raburn is the better player.

Raburn is a .250 career hitter, and Brown is .235 hitter.

And you suggesting Brown is some phenom/to/be is silly. You keep throwing around the "5-tool" player tag on Brown, and he hasn't done shit.

Josh Hamilton, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper-- those are 5 tool players. Brown is a stiff minor leaguer that the Phillies are close to giving up on.

Any time you want to be a grown up and make a bet with me about this, I'm in. I will bet Brown doesn't hit higher than .260 this season.

You do realize "5-tools" includes average? Brown won't sniff .275, and it will take a small miracle for him to top .260, and if you're thinking he is going to top 20 HRs, you are clinically insane. There is not a single sabermetric analyst anywhere that is putting Brown's number over .268-.270, with 13-15 HRs.

Some "5-tool" player you have there.

You are delusional. You think Raburn is the better player?

Have Cleveland's GM call Ruben Amaro up and ask him to trade Brown for Raburn and see what kind of response you get.

Amaro laughs hysterically before hanging the phone up.

When Brown has a breakout year and Raburn is still riding pine all season for Cleveland, we'll come back to this thread.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 03-07-13 at 03:22 PM.

SamDiamond

You are delusional. You think Raburn is the better player?

Have Cleveland's GM call Ruben Amaro up and ask him to trade Brown for Raburn and see what kind of response you get.

Amaro laughs hysterically before hanging the phone up.

When Brown has a breakout year and Raburn is still riding pine all season for Cleveland, we'll come back to this thread.
    I don't think you follow baseball.

I really don't.

The Phillies almost traded Brown for Alfonso Soriano in December.

The Phillies have all but given up on Brown.

Turns out, Brown isn't close to being a 5-tool player, and he is a defensive liability. Anyone watching the Phillies play, knows that.

Think about it for a second. The Phillies were willing to take an almost-40 year old Alfonso Soriano over Dom Brown. If that doesn't tell you something, I'm not sure what does.

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelp...ade-rumors-mlb
    Last edited by SamDiamond; 03-07-13 at 03:50 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I don't think you follow baseball.

I really don't.

The Phillies almost traded Brown for Alfonso Soriano in December.

The Phillies have all but given up on Brown.

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelp...ade-rumors-mlb
    So now you're saying because the Phillies may or may not have had a deal of Brown for Soriano, that means they would trade Brown for Raburn.

Tell me why didn't the deal happen.

SamDiamond

So now you're saying because the Phillies may or may not have had a deal of Brown for Soriano, that means they would trade Brown for Raburn.

Tell me why didn't the deal happen.
    No. What I am saying is the Phillies were considering moving Brown for a washed up/overpriced Alfonso Soriano. The Phillies have Chase Utley at 2nd, where are they moving him?

Botton line is this.

Brown is a flop. And I am going to remind you of this goofy thread you started when August rolls around and the Phillies have moved Brown to Lehigh Valley because he is batting .240 with 8 HRs.

You seem to be more confident in Brown than the Phillies. And I have no reason why.

Ask yourself this question. The Phillies know more about Brown than you and I combined multiplied by 10K. And, they were considering moving him for a bum like Soriano, what does that tell you?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

No. What I am saying is the Phillies were considering moving Brown for a washed up/overpriced Alfonso Soriano. The Phillies have Chase Utley at 2nd, where are they moving him?

Botton line is this.

Brown is a flop. And I am going to remind you of this goofy thread you started when August rolls around and the Phillies have moved Brown to Lehigh Valley because he is batting .240 with 8 HRs.

You seem to be more confident in Brown than the Phillies. And I have no reason why.

Ask yourself this question. The Phillies know more about Brown than you and I combined multiplied by 10K. And, they were considering moving him for a bum like Soriano, what does that tell you?
    If they were so serious, why didn't they do the trade? If Brown is as worthless as you believe he is then why wold another team want to trade for him?

So far, in this argument, you have gone from Pegeuro to Raburn to Arenado and now to Soriano. And you still lost on all points. The Phillies may or may not have had looked into a deal for Brown for Soriano. That does not mean they would consider a Brown for Raburn deal.

None of the guys you mentioned are comparable to Brown at this point in his career.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

The nl east is pathetic ...even Miami has a chance

SamDiamond

I take the blame here.

I should have typed much slower and used pictures because you are not getting it.

If you don't understand the point I was trying to make to you using Pegeuro and Raburn, then I don't know what else to tell you.

They were examples of guys having better spring camps than Brown, and who still suck. You, for reasons you never made clear, think Brown's 26 ABs are some sign that he is on the verge of being the next Trout/Hamilton.

26 fuking ABs, and you are convinced Brown is no longer a .235 hitter. 26. That is so statistically insignificant, and yet you have wrapped yourself around it and proclaimed Brown to be having a "MONSTER" Spring.

As for why the deal with Soriano didn't get done, again, seriously? You need me to explain it to you?

Let's start with the obvious. M-O-N-E-Y. Chicago owes Soriano 16 million dollars, you think the Phillies want that kind of salary hit? The obvious reason it didn't get done is money. The Cubs were probably willing to take a bite on the salary, and the Phillies wanted them to take more of a bite. It doesn't change the fact that the Phillies are done with Brown. Brown will fail this summer, and the Phillies will move him soon enough.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    The nl east is pathetic ...even Miami has a chance
    Huh?
    Washington is solid top to bottom, Braves are tough

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Huh?
    Washington is solid top to bottom, Braves are tough
    But compared to the al east thats nothing ... 5 teams can compete ... Phillies could win 85-90 games and make it in .. Wont happen in the al

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I take the blame here.

I should have typed much slower and used pictures because you are not getting it.

If you don't understand the point I was trying to make to you using Pegeuro and Raburn, then I don't know what else to tell you.

They were examples of guys having better spring camps than Brown, and who still suck. You, for reasons you never made clear, think Brown's 26 ABs are some sign that he is on the verge of being the next Trout/Hamilton.

26 fuking ABs, and you are convinced Brown is no longer a .235 hitter. 26. That is so statistically insignificant, and yet you have wrapped yourself around it and proclaimed Brown to be having a "MONSTER" Spring.

As for why the deal with Soriano didn't get done, again, seriously? You need me to explain it to you?

Let's start with the obvious. M-O-N-E-Y. Chicago owes Soriano 16 million dollars, you think the Phillies want that kind of salary hit? The obvious reason it didn't get done is money. The Cubs were probably willing to take a bite on the salary, and the Phillies wanted them to take more of a bite. It doesn't change the fact that the Phillies are done with Brown. Brown will fail this summer, and the Phillies will move him soon enough.
    I totally understood your point. That's why I said you were comparing apples to oranges and you were.

Brown went 2 for 4 with run scored today. This is easily the best spring training start he's ever gotten off to.

As for money, it doesn't matter to the Phillies. They're pockets are are so deep only the Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox can compete with them on a financial level. If they really wanted a player they go get him no matter the cost.

Brown is going to break out this summer in a big way. Then we can come back to this thread.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Ryan Howard has to have one of the worst contracts in baseball. How much longer do they Phils have to put up with that dead weight?

SamDiamond

Oh, this one is going to be fun to follow this year.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Nl east deeper than al east, bro
    But compared to the al east thats nothing ... 5 teams can compete ... Phillies could win 85-90 games and make it in .. Wont happen in the al

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I would take the top al east teams over nl though no doubt

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

jinx
    Last edited by Crayzee; 04-06-13 at 09:09 PM. Reason: jinx

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    jinx
    Ummm......they won tonight.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Bullshit win they got tonight I hope Howard breaks his leg. Gimme 5 mins with holland....... What a pos!

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

they suck they dont care about themselves the only way they win is luck and calls from refs, they are a shit team that stands no chance at a cup so they should just forget it now

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

I love how sam diamond will argue everything with everyone. He is never wrong.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    they suck they dont care about themselves the only way they win is luck and calls from refs, they are a shit team that stands no chance at a cup so they should just forget it now
    "Earth to Mitchell, earth to Mitchell, come in Mitchell"

The Phillies aren't playing for a Cup.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

either way I thought you were talking about the team you always lose on the Flyers. Earth to Philly your city sucks and you are down a shitload of units which you wont tell anyone about. So STFU

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    either way I thought you were talking about the team you always lose on the Flyers. Earth to Philly your city sucks and you are down a shitload of units which you wont tell anyone about. So STFU
    "Earth to Mitchell, you are a confused asshole who doesn't know that baseball is played for The Commissioner's Trophy not a cup. You are also a jealous bitch because Philly people are better than everyone else in this country. That is all."

SamDiamond

Philly---

Too bad. I'm gloating.

As predicted, Dom Brown is sucking once the regular season began. His hot spring has become .240, with 1 extra-base hit, and not a single stolen base.
    I am telling you right now, it will take a f'in miracle for Brown to hit above .260. He isn't that good. It's early, but Brown is overwhelmed at the plate.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Sam Diamond wins this thread debate. Laker stooge chiming in against him just confirms it.

Mets looking better than Philly right now. Hamels and Halladay aren't cutting it. Cliff Lee will still be a stud...but that's about it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i know it's early but they ain't going nowhere this year...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

What exactly about the 2013 AL East is so impressive? BOS and NYY are shells of their former teams, TOR is an aging, injury prone team that will not meet any of their expectations, and BAL is always a question mark.

TB is solid though.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I got $10 on Seattle to win the whole thing at 200-1
    I was going to say they seem like the under the radar team this year

SamDiamond

Don't forget about Domonic Brown either. The kid is having a monster spring. Looks like he finally could be breaking out and be that five tool guy he was always projected to be.
    Update on Brown.

Batting .230

He has more K's than he has hits.

He has 3 extra-base hits.

SamDiamond

First of all, Domonic Brown is having a monster spring. Darin Ruf has showed consistent power throughout his time not only in the minors but also at the big league level too. Ben Revere is finally that leadoff hitter they have lacked. If this comes together the Phillies could be monsters this season.
    More updates.

Ben Revere is batting .197, with an OBP of .246. Not bad for a pitcher, but awful as the Phillies leadoff hitter.

Darin Ruf didn't make the squad.

Context.

Sterling Marte of the Pirates has as many hits as Dom Brown/Ben Revere combined.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

More updates.

Ben Revere is batting .197, with an OBP of .246. Not bad for a pitcher, but awful as the Phillies leadoff hitter.

Darin Ruf didn't make the squad.

Context.

Sterling Marte of the Pirates has as many hits as Dom Brown/Ben Revere combined.

Season isn't even a month old and you're already judging teams and players.

Get back to me in July.

First 1234 Last