ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Im here to make you money in Fantasy Baseball for 2013

Its time for my annual thread. Most of this is my info but some of it is from other sites. It just so happens i may agree with other people.

Lets start out with sleepers mixed in with some mid round players.

1. Ross Detwiler:
    If you owned Detwiler in 2013 you know his worth on a fantasy roster. In 2012, Ross made 27 starts for the Nationals. In those starts, he had a 10-8 Record, 3.40 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 105 K, 52 BB.
    Last season, Detwiler threw 47% fastballs, 33% sinkers, 13% sliders, and 7% changeups. His fastball averaged 93 MPH
    and he is a southpaw.
    The Nationals easily have the talent to total around 100 wins in 2013.
    I have his 2013 projections as: 29 GS, 205 IP, 14W, 7 L, 3.30 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 135 K, 50-53 BB.

2 Matt Harvey:
    In Harvey’s short stint in the majors, he has looked good with a 10+ K-rate and a 2.73 ERA in 59 1/3 innings.
    He hits 97 MPH with regularity and averages a 94.7 MPH fastball.
    Espn outlook:
    2013 Outlook: Some scouts questioned whether Harvey's fastball was big league material as he was rising in the Mets' minor league ranks. Judging by his 10-start stint with the big club late last summer, there's no doubt it is: The pitch averaged 94.7 mph, was responsible for 41 of his 70 total strikeouts and limited hitters to a .238 batting average. Based on that hot finish, a rotation spot is Harvey's to lose, and the Mets have no reason not to be patient with him even if he hits an adjustment period, which is probable. Strikeouts are your object of desire with a pitcher like this, and his matchups at Citi Field might be most attractive in Rotisserie leagues, but there's a high ceiling for this right-hander, perhaps higher than many realize. Target him mid to late even in mixed formats, and earlier than that in keeper leagues.

TT predicts even better stats for Harvey then espn and other sites.
    Most predict him to get 12 wins, 3.87 era with around 175 strikeouts
    I predict 14 wins, 3.67 era and 190 strikeouts

3. Shelby Miller: P for St Louis
    You can get him in the last round.
    The 2009 first-rounder has the upside to be a major league ace
    He'll be the 4th or 5th starter for the Cardinals

4. Marco Estrada: Milwaukee
    Estrada threw 138.1 innings and struck out 143 batters
    He's another pitcher you can get late.

5.Matt Latos: Not really a sleeper but alot of value where he goes
    Latos finished the season with a 14-4 record, He also pitched 209.1 innings finishing with a 3.48 ERA and 1.16 WHIP

6. Tommy Milone:Oakland : gunning for this guy in all my leagues.
    He pitched just under 200 innings and only walked 36 batters. He is one of the best control pitchers in one of the best rotations in baseball.

7. Tommy Hansen: He went from the Ace in Atlanta to the 3rd pitcher for the Angels.
    Hanson will get more run support in LA and will face off against much more mediocre opposing pitchers. Expect Hanson to have career highs this season.

8. Dan Haren: Pitching is deep this year. Don't load up on pitching too early
    but it also depends on your league settings.
    Didn't have the greatest of seasons last year. He's worth drafting for his whip and wins alone.

9. Tim Lincecum: terrible year in 2013. If you remember i predicted his bad season
    last year. Considering where he gets drafted he has good value this year and will do
    better this season. He will get plenty of wins and strikeouts

Also don't be a moron. Do several mocks and have a game plan before you draft.

10. Josh Johnson: not really a sleeper but considering he's going from Florida
    to a contender in Toronto expect his wins to go up with good strikeouts, era and whip

11. Adam Eaton: He'll be the starting cf for Arizona. Not a power hitter but he will
    get descent average, ops and i expect around 25 stolen bases.

12. Never ever draft catchers early. Tried telling people not to draft Napoli last year.
    Again: do not draft a catcher early. Plenty of catchers out there. Why take a catcher
    early that might rest a few games with a position with more injury potential than any other
    position.
    As far as sleeper catchers you can get late. I like Brian McCann, Alex Avila,. Yadier Molina
    is going off as the 3rd catcher taken in some leagues. Oh please. He is 10th at best this season
    and will have some days off.

13. Freddie Freeman: Whats not to like about a player you can get later with potential of
    280 plus average and around 25 hr and around 95 rbi? He's 23 and will do alot better than
    his projections. Gunning for freeman in every league if i need a 1st baseman or corner infielder.

14. Mark Trumbo: capable of annual 30-homer totals, and batting behind such names as Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton could drive his RBI total above 100. Could hurt average some, but will do better than his
    projection.

15. Dustin Ackley: slim pickings at 2nd base this year. If you don't have your middle infielder
    or 2nd baseman, don't hesitate to take a flyer on this kid. The walls have moved in and Seatle
    has improved there lineup. If you have plenty of 2nd baseman, don't hesitate to also go after
    Daniel Murphy, Neil Walker or Infante.

16. I have a new sleeper this season i predict to be this year's Mike Trout and he won't even be drafted.
    I'll announce this player at a later date perhaps on twitter or facebook.

17. Todd Frasier , Did i really just type Todd Frasier. This is my retarted cousin's breakout player
    as he will be the full time starter for the Reds at 3rd base
    Lets see what espn has to say.

A late-season, dark-horse candidate for National League Rookie of the Year honors, Frazier wound up overshadowed in the voting results by Bryce Harper's historic campaign, the result his burgeoning power perhaps being underrated entering 2013. He made tremendous strides in terms of his contact and fly ball rates, his contact rate improving to 79 percent after the All-Star break and his 47.4 fly ball percentage for the full year seventh-highest among players with at least 400 plate appearances. Frazier also lacked any discernible home/road or lefty/righty splits, meaning he's a player who deserves a chance to strut his stuff every day. Aye, that's the rub: The Reds brought in defensive whiz Jack Hannahan to provide hot-corner competition, and Joey Votto should be healthy enough to man first base every day. Frazier might cede a decent chunk of at-bats again in 2013, though NL-only owners who take cheaper shots on blossoming skills would do well to target him once the upper tier of third basemen are off the board.

At 3rd base. I also like Martin Prado and you can get michael youngnow playing for the Phillies very late.

19. Ive been targeting Castro in most of my leagues at shortstop and even been overpaying for him
    in some leagues. Stay away from Troy T. He could have a good year, but Id rather draft elsewhere
    and wait for another player.

I like Josh Rutlege late as he is SS eligible in most leagues, as well as Stephen Drew
    and I like the multipe position eligibility of Zobrist.

20. Quit drafting Mother fuckers like Votto at the 4th pick just because he is your favorite player.
    You read that bcat. This goes for everyone else also. I predict a good season but quit drafting players
    at lets say spot 20 when you can get him at spot 45.

I have alot of sleeper, mid round players and will post more later, but going to cut it off at 20 for now. Can't wait for someone to say I only posted 19 players. Who gives a penetrate. Chill out and have some fun in your life.
    Screw Bourne and his stolen bases.
    Peter Bourjos:
    They plan to use Bourjos regularly in center field, shifting Mike Trout to left field and Mark Trumbo to designated hitter. For daily lineups, you can get Bourjos cheap. I would start him when you can with
    the right matchups.

My next post will be potential busts and results from some of my mock drafts.
    Feel free to saloon for the trolls on sbr. This will be posted in the fantasy section as well.
    Ive decided today to triple my posts on sbr for the spring and summer.

If you have any fantasy baseball questions, ask away.

Points Awarded:

Chi_archie gave ttwarrior1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought you were here to make everyone else feel better about themselves.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, and SamDiamond

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Lol I remember a similar thread about fantasy football. Titty was pushing the colts RB hard.... Can't even remember his name cuz he sucked so bad

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

3 words for ya

PE DRO ALVAREZ

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Say what you want guys, but TT does know his shit when it comes Fantasy Baseball. TT

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

3 more words

Gar rett Jones

ttwarrior1

simply jealous people. You can't be right about every prediction but I will be close. That donald brown prediction was to take him late and not even start. No harm no foul when you draft a guy late and it doesn't work out.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

I don't care how much you think you know. I will never listen to your advice due to the fact that YOU ARE EXTREMELY FAT AND STUPID. The end

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    3 more words

Gar rett Jones
    Four words

Rus sell Mar tin

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

lol copy ESPN analyst comments much?

Regardless, I agree with quite a few - I love Tommy Milone and Latos. I don't think Trumbo is a sleeper..he won't last long in many drafts. Nice list.

ttwarrior1

just on a couple things. Most of that was mine. Time to brock this freevick moron.
    vick should of got ten years or more in prison.

DEP78
    DEP78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Thanks TT

Thanks, good info

ttwarrior1

trumbo round 8 last 2 mocks

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Plagiarism at its finest.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

What about Justin Masterson, where do you see him going? I can see him picking up a few more wins because of the upgraded Indians lineup.

ttwarrior1

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

no plagiarism here. Yeh im supposed to say someone had 16 hr when they had 17, oh yeh thats plagiarism that i wrote down the right stat.
    Yeh sure thing fraud moron. If it came from espn, i put down it came from espn next to the person's name.

You can see me on one of the top fantasy sites as a mod for baseball this season.

Yep, love Masterson where he goes with that improved lineup. You have nothing to lose getting him late in drats.
    Masterson is a must draft player and was going to be in one of my next posts.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I have a "Fantasy" baseball question.

If someone took a bat and cracked you in the skull with it, what would spill out?

1. Cheetos
    2. Air
    3. Dirt, mixed with pepperoni, and feces from that towel.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

whats new

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

whats new
    Nothing new here, Drinker.

Just TT stealing other people's work and calling it "mostly his".

I guess as taxpayers we should be used to TT mooching off other people.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

4 words

Brent Lil lil bridge

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Say what you want guys, but TT does know his shit when it comes Fantasy Baseball. TT

Name:  TT.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  185.8 KB

ttwarrior1

Looking for a sleeper closer that gets holds and perhaps some saves and will help with our era, whip and strikeouts?

Kelvin Herrera:KC Royals, good era, whip, some saves, some holds
    very good strikeouts

Bobby Parnell: Mets, could end up being the closer all season, but will likely start out getting saves and then as the season
    goes get some holds and some saves and helps with your era, whip

If you have holds in your league, do not neglect holds, they are as important as any other category and if you win holds, you can also get
    some saves while helping our your team era and whip.

If you play on yahoo, don't hesitate to draft someone eligible at sp/rp and play a holder at the sp spot to get extra holds and saves while your starting pitchers are not pitching.

Some other guys that can help you win your league that will get holds, some saves while helping across the board

Luke Gregerson: SD
    Ryan Cook: Oakland
    Jarod Burton: Minn
    Vinny Pestano: Cleveland, really like Vinny
    David Hernandez

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

jason grilli for closer

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Not sure how you forsee career years out of declining pitchers in JJ and Hanson when they're moving from the NL east to the AL. otherwise this is a pretty solid list

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Draft Michael Brantley

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    Not sure how you forsee career years out of declining pitchers in JJ and Hanson when they're moving from the NL east to the AL. otherwise this is a pretty solid list
    not to mention velocity on hanson's fastball has dropped every year,,i mean i guess he be good start against the stros, not sure when else id want him, his fat ass gonna get knocked around...JJ maybe ok, surely should get plenty of runs and think it contract yr, doubt id take but def more chance of success than hanson who will prob have a 6 era and be injured at some point..

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Oh man, not this shit again...

Guy told me NOT to take AP in football last year.

vrksayy
    vrksayy's Avatar Become A Pro!

My team in a cbssports 10-team head to head league:

c, sal perez
    1b, paul goldschimdt
    2b, chase utley
    3b, miguel cabrera
    ss, starlin castro
    of, matt kemp
    of, giancarlo stanton
    of, jose bautista
    u, adrian beltre

sp, matt moore
    sp, brandon morrow
    sp, brett anderson
    sp, brandon mccarthy
    sp, ryan dempster
    rp, craig kimbrel
    rp, jonathon papelbon

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Your correct on Harvey Ive been saying for 2 years he is a shade behind Strausberg
    He has excellent stuff but the thing I like is his head for the game.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Solid threat, TT.

Read every word.

ttwarrior1

When to draft closers.

Everyone seems to have a different strategy when it comes to drafting closers. Some
    managers will always jump the gun to grab a top closer, but at what cost. We also
    have owners where managers don't pay for saves and wait till the late rounds while loading
    up elsewhere and drafting a part time closer and possible future closers.

In 2012 63 percent of all teams replaced their closer at some point in the season.
    At least 33 percent of closers that start the season as closer will lose their job
    at some point during the season.

Should you draft an elite closer early to avoid having your closers lose their jobs
    or should you draft setup man cheap with the prediction of closers losing their job
    sometime during the season.

Your approach to drafting closers

1 Determine how many saves in your league setup that it will take to be competitive.
    2 Make a list of the closers and setup men for every team
    3 Make a list of the average draft position and what rounds these closers
    are being drafted
    Label each closer and setup man with the categories with your projections
    of saves, era, whip and strikeouts , also include k/9 per innings pitched.

In a 12 team league the average number of closers per team is 2.5. You can
    gain an advantage by having a minimum of 3 closers on your team.
    Your goal is to finish in the top 3 in saves in your league and average
    around 90 to 112 saves.

Label the closers on your list as elite, average and below average

If you want to sleep easy at night and have peace of fantasy mind,
    you may want to draft one of these top closers that as elite and safe as they get.

Craig Kimbrel, Jason Motte, Rivera, Papelbon

Kimbrel’s stats are as good as they get, especially when you think about the 12o strikeout projections.
    That is more than a typical number four or number five starting pitcher, but with a lower ERA and WHIP.
    But to draft Craig Kimbrel, you have to do this with a fifth round draft pick.

What happens if you draft Kimbrel and he gets hurt? Just look at the Mariano Rivera
    owners from last year. To get one of these closers you'll have to draft them from round 5 to
    round 10. Look at a guy like Papelbon. When you look at his K/9 and S/9, they are no better than closers
    that are going several rounds later. Plus his projected ERA is over 3.00 which is hardly elite status for a closer.

I say pass up these closers, its simply not worth having them.

The middle tier closers.

Joe Nathan, JJ putz, Romo, jim johnson, rafael soriano, greg holland, h street, axford,
    broxton, perkins, reed, betancourt

These are the best closers to draft because they don't cost you an early draft pick and they are
    not in danger of losing there closing job. I would try to go after 2 of these guys as your base.
    Most of these closers go from round 11 to 19. Not all of these closers are the same. A guy like
    Jim Johnson is an average closer but has a low k/9 rate. I would avoid closers with projected
    era's of 3.30 and whip greater than 1.20
    Personally I would go after guys like Romo, putz, betancourt and soriano.

Lower tier closers.

Joel Hanrahan, Jason Grilli, Chris Perez, Casey Janssen, Grant Balfour, Ryan Madson, Steve Cishek,
    Brandon League, Bruce Rondon, Carlos Marmol, Bobby Parnell, Jose Veras

These are the closers i would draft with caution.The good thing is that you don’t have to spend a high draft
    pick to obtain any of these closers as they are currently being drafted between rounds 15-27.

Then there is a group of unproven and small sample size closers such as Jason Grilli, Bruce Rondon,
    Bobby Parnell, and Jose Veras. They could go on to have a stellar year at closer, but this is also highly unlikely
    as these closers will all be on a short leash.

I would not touch Marmol or most of these guys unless you have your sp and hitters all drafted
    and missed out on the other closers. I would target Grilli, Rondon, Veras,

The setup Men

Frieri, Santos, Meloncon, Jansen, venters, thorton

if they don’t become closers, if you can draft at least two of these names, they offer better statistics than
    a number five starting pitcher. Their K/9 is between 10 and 15, with ERAs and WHIPs well below the lower tier closers.

Always try to draft the replacement closer of your top closer in case of injury
    especially if they have a track record of getting some saves and some strikeouts.

Happy Drafting.

ps: big day i said not in round 1 because you can get him in rd 2 or 3.
    If it makes you happy take him 1st this year, but im taking calvin johnson, would take ap second