bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manny Ramirez might be a Giant?

I know Manny is a great player and all, but shouldn't the Giants be in rebuild mode right now. This team is not getting any younger, and was clear to me last season that with the players they have right now can't compete for the full season.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Manny is a great hitter, but I'll stop short of calling him a great player.

Wondering how much of his contract Boston will have to eat? If they talk the Giants into taking it lock, stock and barrel, the Red Sox have made a great deal.

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I would really be surprised if Manny goes anywhere. Last year it was the Mets, the year before it was the Angels, the year before that Boston put him on waivers. We are stuck with Manny, he mentioned something last year before the season about only playing 2 or 3 more years, so I don't see why he would go to the NL for 1-2 years. Plus, Manny has the say in what happens, he has a no-trade clause in his contract. With the money they are going to pay for Matsuzaka and trying to get J.D. Drew, I can see why they want to get rid of Manny. ManRam would be expendable if they had Wily Mo, Coco and Drew in the outfield. Thinking they had expendable pitchers really screwed them last year though, by trading away Arroyo and going through injury after injury last year.

Manny plays where Manny wants but I just don't see it happening, so if he does decide to go to San Fran thats fine with me, its just Manny being Manny.
    Last edited by MickChunky; 11-28-06 at 03:20 PM.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Manny is a great hitter, but I'll stop short of calling him a great player.

Wondering how much of his contract Boston will have to eat? If they talk the Giants into taking it lock, stock and barrel, the Red Sox have made a great deal.

I don't know how much the Sox could really eat of it though, because they have there eyes set on signing J.D. Drew to some outragous contract. I'm sorry Red Sox fans, but your not going to make the playoffs if you trade Manny.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Manny does go to the Giants I guess that will spell the end of Bonds days in SF for sure.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

If Sabean gives up Cain or Sanchez in this deal, he deserves to be fired.

bigboydan

Cain was a great pitcher for them last year too. They needed to pawn off Matt Moris

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Unless he is trying to initiate the trade himself, getting rid of Manny will be a disaster for the Red Sox. They'd not only lose one of the best hitters of all time, but they'd turn Ortiz into a permanent walking machine.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

MANNY for BARRY?

Bonds would love to hit at Fenway....

ok back to reality....as a BoSox fan...I hope Manny stays

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I would love to have Manny on the Giants, but who had to give up any good prospects...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC
    I would love to have Manny on the Giants, but who had to give up any good prospects...
    Now that Bonds resigned you can all but cancel the dream of Manny by the bay.