EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you are right that they will be mid-level buyers for the third year in a row.

I wouldn't mind a SS

Locke and Gomez are gonna crash hard here.

McDonald just got crushed in AA I think Morton had a shitty rehab too. I don't think Cole is ready. I think Karstens had an injury set back.

not sure if there is another Wandy type guy out there that the Bucs could get, but it would be nice
    Pirates are more than welcome to take Travis Wood or Scott Feldman from us. They're #3's, right?
    Last edited by EXhoosier10; 05-30-13 at 08:03 AM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

cubs might be excellent trading partners

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Garza will be available again from the Cubbies. I think Bud Norris & Rocky Nolasco will be mid-to-lower tier guys right in their wheel house if they want them. Neither is great, but wouldn't be a bad back-end rotation guy for rent.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    Pirates are more than welcome to take Travis Wood or Scott Feldman from us. They're #3's, right?
    Ok we will take Wood

on days he doesn't pitch he can play shortstop and bring some Pop to the position that the Pirates are missing.

whaddya want for him?

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Ok we will take Wood

on days he doesn't pitch he can play shortstop and bring some Pop to the position that the Pirates are missing.

whaddya want for him?
    I'm definitely the wrong guy to ask as I'm not terribly up to date on prospects. That being said, his numbers have been a touch better than Maholm's were last year,... I have come to the realization that we probably won't be getting rid of travis wood.

he's 26 years old, 4 years younger than Maholm was last year. Maholm was on a year to year deal with a club option, wood is pre-arb still with a poor track record that doesn't portend to huge raises in subsequent years.

If we can get a top 3 prospect for him, maybe we do a deal, but interesting intra-division trades seem taboo for GMs and that probably woulnd't happen. You can have Feldman though for a decent A/AA prospect. His numbers actually point to being a useful SP outside of texas; Theo will be enthused to get a decent prospect for him

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah I wish the Bucs GM back in 2003 would have not wanted to trade intra-division....

we had to get rid of Aramis, because MLB said the Pirates had to reduce debt and trade someone, and Kris Benson got hurt right before the trade deadline....

Usually the Pirates do okay with getting rid of their vets at the right time, but that one really hurt....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

been a long road

but it feels worth it!

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Look at them now

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

got bump this from time to time to remind people

We started from the bottom now we're here!

Pirates front office did an amazing job. its been fun to watch the bucs and cubs prove the nay-sayers wrong during the rebuilds.

Pirates were the butt of everyone's jokes because they traded well known players who were on the decline and over paid

First 12