Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

What is up with the Phils?

It seems that they only win games when they get the early lead. When they go down by 3 or more early they somehow give up and forget how to hit? Am I crazy or anyone else seeing this? I don't recall a single Phils comeback win, at least a notable one (like down 3 or more).

specialedbob
    specialedbob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, those runs just where you down,you know.I'ts tough to get back after that.You just want to save it for the next game and take a nap.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Apparently the Nationals don't subscribe to that philosophy lol

ujacol
    ujacol's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i watch every game and seems to be a trend when down the first two innings by a few.. but tonight fish had to redeem themselves and blanton downplayed them. theyl win tomorrow but im a little skeptical for sundays moyer vs johnson matchup

edge323
    edge323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sigh, they're like the pistons.. so hard to predict when they'll be good and when they won't

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

The Phillies are 3-6 in their last 9 games and Fla gained confidence with the road win last night. The Fish also have the pitching advantage in the next two games, especially game 3 with Johnson on the hill.

Contrarian note: I'm chasing the Phillies for two games on Saturday and Sunday. They won't get swept at home by the Marlins, come hell or high water. I think everyone's bats wake up on Saturday, so I like the over, too.

CK disagrees, by the way. He says chase the Fish until they win two in this series.

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah PHILS hurt me pretty good last night...

Razz_Donkey
    Donkey of the Razz
    Razz_Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phills have all of the components (except a closer) to be a world series competitor once again IMO. We're seeing a slump at the moment. They need the rest down the stretch, but a little extra divisional competition should spur them back into winning ways at some point. A rebound is just around the corner, I think.

rpbrownie
    rpbrownie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah being a Phils fan and taking them last night makes it frustrating guessing if their bats will show up. Watch they prob put up 8 or 9 tonight. Oh and speaking of the Nats they cost me $$$ the last two nights. Nothing like your team jumping out big early and watch the worst team in baseball pick your pocket.

ujacol
    ujacol's Avatar Become A Pro!

yoo razz good point, they need another closer. they will rebound today with a w but damn tho, fav at 225, i think if you wanted to play this game id prob go with the over..