bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ryan Howard named MVP

Howard definately deserves this award this year. This guy just put up some outragous numbers for the Phillies.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well deserved. Howard was an absolute machine this past summer.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

I agree, I feel its well deserved.

Even with the early season batting line up goofs by the Phillies, he came through on a big season.

I remember OWNED complaining about the lineup cards the Phillies put out early in the season, because he had Howard on his Fantasy team.

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Nice guy, definately deserves it
    HR Derby

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Don't have that big of a problem with Ryan Howard winning it. He put up some big numbers and proved a lot of people wrong who thought he might endure the dreaded 'sophomore jinx' after his rookie season.

What I don't like about how the voting goes is it's almost entirely statistically driven, with the HR column - - and wins for pitchers - - shining brightest in the eyes of the voters.

There's no argument that Howard and Albert Pujols were both extremely valuable to their respective teams this year. But in terms of pure value, and VALUE is part of the award's name, the debate as to who was the most valuable to his team's offense would point more to Pujols than Howard:

PLAYER . . RBI . . RUNS
    Berkman. . 18.5% . 12.9%
    Howard . . 17.2% . 12.0%
    Pujols . . 17.5% . 15.2%

Pujols drove in 17.2% of St. Louis' runs, and scored a whopping 15.2% of them. Houston's Lance Berkman even beats Howard in both of those columns.

My vote would've gone to Pujols over Berkman over Howard.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pujols over Howard all day long. How close were thier numbers with Pujols being out of baseball for 1 full month?