lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

jays will not make the playoffs

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

They now have Dickey...............that will help a lot.!!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Phillies missed the playoffs last year with starters like Halladay, Lee and Hamels. Good additions for the jays but still have to play the games

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Phillies missed the playoffs last year with starters like Halladay, Lee and Hamels. Good additions for the jays but still have to play the games
    Agree one never knows, esp. with post season baseball................my point was that the Jay's have a good team.................just got lucky with addition of Dickey odds are now 9-1 @ 5 D.

lunchbawks
    NB#

jays and nationals shared favorittes to win the WS

never in my life could i have pictured htat

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

I was with you that the jays were solid value at 13-1. Not so sure anymore at 9-1. Tigers were 9-1 last year and -600 to win the division; Jays probably wont' even be favorites to win their division. Personally, I need more value than 10-1 to pick a potential wild card team to win the world series.

That being said, I do think they'll be good this year. Lind / Davis will be a great platoon DH. Morrrow JJ Dickey is a formidable top 3. I don't think they'll all be under 3.5 ERA's, but they should easily be good enough to compete.

I honeslty don't see much at first glance that I am willing to play. Brewers at 40-1 would be a steal if they can manage to get Marcum or Edwin Jackson to sign. Pirates at 66-1? NL Central should be a tossup. idk... all these huge signings has really shifted power to a few select teams; Makes it tough for value plays

Dillonious Monk
    Dillonious Monk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3839

lmao at the current WS odds. No love for the Cards or Giants...

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Buerhle and dickey WILL NOT have good seasons... Romero took HUGE step back last year.. Josh johnson hurt and velocity down... and we are talkin world series?? are u kidding me???

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Tigers are clearly the big threat in the a.l. next year along w the angels... and this is coming from a big yankee fan..

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler View Post
    Buerhle and dickey WILL NOT have good seasons... Romero took HUGE step back last year.. Josh johnson hurt and velocity down... and we are talkin world series?? are u kidding me???
    Lol. Lay off the crack

JWWeatherman
    JWWeatherman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I tend to like Detroit and LAA more than the Blue Jays. As mentioned above there are quie a few pitfalls with the Toronto pitching staff. It looks good on paper but might not play out that way. Lineup is quite good but the unknown is chemistry. How are these pieces going to fit? We can only know when the season starts and the games are played.

I really like what the Angels did with their bullpen. With that offense and a lockdown pen, the SP doesn't always have to be great to win in bunches. I'm sure Arte will stop at nothing to improve the team before the trade deadline if it's needed.

Detroit has that weak division and should have a better regular season. Scherzer showed great progress. I like them better than the Jays.

Love the Reds at that price as well.

Spencer19
    Spencer19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Agreed JW.

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

whoever said the jays not making the playoffs.... LOL

they capture the AL East title with eas.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by king_danilo92 View Post

Yea they will make the playoffs, as for winning the WS crazy stuff happens in post season baseball. I was lucky to get 13-1 odds.............but only but 2 units on it, for I did not do these type of bets much Merry x-mas to all.!!.........Pitchers and catchers report in about 2 months.!

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by king_danilo92 View Post

Every other team in the AL East improved.. Rays, Balti, Yanks, BoSox...

a decade of teams coming into toronto expecting to win.. that doesn't change with jose reyes and buerle!

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

BAHAHAH the bosox have gotten better? cmon man puuhhhlease. they get ryan dumpster and shane victorino, two old bumbs.

and umm the jays also got josh johnson, melky, and dickey too. sooooo your clearly not all there.