konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Whats your view on Dickey Mets fans?

For me I think someone should ram a flag pole up the Wilpons (_o_)'s
    Dickey is asking for a 2 yr extension for 26mil making the 3 yr total come
    to 31 mil. Guys like Blanton and Guthrie have just gotten contracts like that
    and they are far from Cy Young talent. Of course the front office wants to
    make a great trade and get lots of talent......When has the front office picked up good talent? When was the last good trade the Mets made?????
    Dickey adds to a solid staff which includes Harvey (who's really only a step under
    straussballs) Gee who came into his own last year before injury put him out and Niese with the nose off who will pitch over 500pct on a regular basis.
    Really the attendance is dropping yearly so trading Dickey will allow that to continue.
    I was at least looking forward to each game he pitched. We have no bats and theres
    no bats in the minors....but what we do have is a bunch of young really hard throwing
    arms in the minors. We have 3 guys at St Lucies(A) that can let it fly. We have Wheeler
    who may come up next year he is suppose to be better than Harvey (doubt it)
    We can trade guys like Familia he throws upper 90's but I dont like his game other teams do. Trade some young unproven arms we need a couple of bats in the Outfield.
    Because of the starting pitching this team isnt far off. The pig pen blew a lot of games last year that needs to be fixed. Get us a fuking OF!!!! The infield is fine
    Wright Tejada Murph and ok even Cok Davis should get another shot because of
    his HR's. Just find us and OF this team can win.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTLmDuhV3AQ

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i thought this thread was about mets fans that acted like dicks

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they should pay the man!!! fact-dickey will win you 15-20 games. only wants 20 million a year and he won the fukking cy young!! inventor of hard knuckle ball!!! pay the man

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pay him Impeach Wilpons
    I guess if his name was mo Vaughn or Pedro they would give it to him
    Idiots

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    Pay him Impeach Wilpons
    I guess if his name was mo Vaughn or Pedro they would give it to him
    Idiots

So true

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    they should pay the man!!! fact-dickey will win you 15-20 games. only wants 20 million a year and he won the fukking cy young!! inventor of hard knuckle ball!!! pay the man
    Actually he is looking for 3 years at 11 a year is what it comes down to

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I've been thinking about Dickey's contract. Mets would have to pay him 5 million this season and offered 3- year for $25 million. R.A want's 31 million for the 3 years. He's 38 years old and not likely to have another Cy Young season. Granted, the Yankees gave Pettitte 12 million but I think the Mets should offer 3 year- 28 million. We have to remember, Dickey might have a short future to make money, but I heard that he's not as nice as it seems. He wants the contract now. If he doesn't agree to the compromise, trade him and get something back. He's not worth more than 9 million per year and is rubbing me the wrong way.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

solid as a rock. you have to remember he is already under contract for 2013 for 5 mill. they just upped their offer to two years 20 mill. so thats 3 years 25 million. i think that is fine for a knuckleballer who is soon to be in his 40s. I dont buy the argument either that they can throw till their arms fall off cause they dont put any stress on their arm from the knuckler. Dickey actually throws the hardest knuckler in the history in baseball so there is some concern there.

also the mets reported they have concerns with Dickey on and off the field, via mlbtraderumors...have no idea what the off field issues could be. Dickey wants 26 million so they aren't far away. Mets just using their leverage. if they can get a top teir prospect who MLB ready to produce right now they need to pull the trigger.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    solid as a rock. you have to remember he is already under contract for 2013 for 5 mill. they just upped their offer to two years 20 mill. so thats 3 years 25 million. i think that is fine for a knuckleballer who is soon to be in his 40s. I dont buy the argument either that they can throw till their arms fall off cause they dont put any stress on their arm from the knuckler. Dickey actually throws the hardest knuckler in the history in baseball so there is some concern there.

also the mets reported they have concerns with Dickey on and off the field, via mlbtraderumors...have no idea what the off field issues could be. Dickey wants 26 million so they aren't far away. Mets just using their leverage. if they can get a top teir prospect who MLB ready to produce right now they need to pull the trigger.

Ah...we agree on something. I always thought Dickey was "a good citizen", but WFAN is letting us know otherwise and he's disgruntled (and not afraid to express his future) at a Christmas Party? Mets can definitely use him and he's earned respect, but a prospect could pay off in the long run. David Wright is very appreciative of his contract. Look for Wright to have a huge year. (It doesn't have to be HR's) He's a solid alley hitter and RBI producer. Great team leader.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Ah...we agree on something. I always thought Dickey was "a good citizen", but WFAN is letting us know otherwise and he's disgruntled (and not afraid to express his future) at a Christmas Party? Mets can definitely use him and he's earned respect, but a prospect could pay off in the long run. David Wright is very appreciative of his contract. Look for Wright to have a huge year. (It doesn't have to be HR's) He's a solid alley hitter and RBI producer. Great team leader.
    that comment at the Christmas Party really surprised me. Dickey, since he has been here, has never shown any signs of a negative attitude like that. not sure if the award is blowing up his head or what but he is usaully very very humble.

i would be upset though if they trade Dickey and its for guys who arent MLB ready. my biggest issue is, they just signed Wright to basically make him a Met for life..they better not have the attitude of "we gave him his money we gave him what he deserved"

no damnit, he deserves to WIN and be on a competitive team. they better build around him and QUICKLY

wtt0315

Our young pitchers should be ready. Dicky in the lineup brings stability. Sign him and go out and get some outfielders and some power and a bullpen and we are good to go.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

that comment at the Christmas Party really surprised me. Dickey, since he has been here, has never shown any signs of a negative attitude like that. not sure if the award is blowing up his head or what but he is usaully very very humble.

i would be upset though if they trade Dickey and its for guys who arent MLB ready. my biggest issue is, they just signed Wright to basically make him a Met for life..they better not have the attitude of "we gave him his money we gave him what he deserved"

no damnit, he deserves to WIN and be on a competitive team. they better build around him and QUICKLY

Francesa was just talking about him and saying that the organization see's it as a business where as R.A. takes it personal. Off of last year, he should get paid bigtime, but this is a special case. How often do you get a 20 win CY Young Award winner in his prime and a knuckleballer at 38? He does have the added aspect of speed (that you pointed out) and that can shorten his length of success. It will be very interesting to see what happens. Mets can survive without him. Wright is 30 years old, but yes get a "MLB ready" prospect in return is mandatory or "near ready". Remember, R.A. is a headcase. He was abused as a child and that always sticks with a person for life. He never got the acknowledgment throughout his career previous to the Mets. (I saw a documentary about it and I can see why he'd have a chip on shoulder)

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    Our young pitchers should be ready. Dicky in the lineup brings stability. Sign him and go out and get some outfielders and some power and a bullpen and we are good to go.

I'm a Yankee fan but Ike Davis brings plenty of power. I just heard a local interview with him. If he improves the batting average, this is a very good major league player. His defense is super.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I'm a Yankee fan but Ike Davis brings plenty of power. I just heard a local interview with him. If he improves the batting average, this is a very good major league player. His defense is super.
    i dont know if he'll ever hit for average like he did his rookie year. sure he might put up power numbers but he might just be another Mark Reynolds. way to many holes in his swings.

would be nice if Sandy Alderson came out of nowhere and swooped up Josh Hamilton. will never happen in a million years i know but the mets really need to do SOMETHING bring in SOMEONE to get their fan base energized again. we are battered, beaten and bruised.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

i dont know if he'll ever hit for average like he did his rookie year. sure he might put up power numbers but he might just be another Mark Reynolds. way to many holes in his swings.

would be nice if Sandy Alderson came out of nowhere and swooped up Josh Hamilton. will never happen in a million years i know but the mets really need to do SOMETHING bring in SOMEONE to get their fan base energized again. we are battered, beaten and bruised.

I was born in 1971. I'm a Yankees, Jets, Rangers, and Knicks fan. I'm dying to see the Knicks and Jets win, but the Mets had a nice run in the 80's. For the younger Mets fan, I understand; the Piazza "9/11 home run" has been the highlight of their existence.

Josh Hamilton is a very bad drug addict. He actually needs someone with him at all times. That's extreme. Hamilton could never play in New York or drugs would find a way to get involved. It sucks, I'm not thrilled with Youkillis being a Yankee. It's like the enemy is on my favorite team. Mets will improve. I have faith in David Wright earning the big payday.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

First of all the deal Dickey wants is 26 mill for 2 more years adding in with the one for 5 mil next season making the 3 year total 31 mill the Mets offer is 26 for the 3 year package, If your a Mets fan you know how bad the front office is at trades so I dont see any value there. Sign Dickey 11 a year for a guy who can win 20 is awesome a bargain for sure. The WiLpons are cheap fuks and crooks thats why they cry about being burned in the Madoff thing ...truth is they are the ones who didnt get burned an a fact is they were in that looking to make fast money and they were already filthy rich so fuk them.
    The concerns on Dickey off the field is that he likes to push himself ....like trying to swim the Mississippi river and almost drowning or climbing a Mountain or crossing a desert. Dickey should be a Met the Wilpons should be in jail. Think about it ...fuk his age Niekro won 300 games after turning 30 plus Dickey has no tendon to mess up in his pitching arm its gone So 11 mill a year for a Cy Young that the fans actually came and watched. Dickey even thanked them his last game at Citi for the support....This guy has to remain a Met

wtt0315

Yeah aint that the truth 2 words
    Victor Zambrano

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    First of all the deal Dickey wants is 26 mill for 2 more years adding in with the one for 5 mil next season making the 3 year total 31 mill the Mets offer is 26 for the 3 year package, If your a Mets fan you know how bad the front office is at trades so I dont see any value there. Sign Dickey 11 a year for a guy who can win 20 is awesome a bargain for sure. The WiLpons are cheap fuks and crooks thats why they cry about being burned in the Madoff thing ...truth is they are the ones who didnt get burned an a fact is they were in that looking to make fast money and they were already filthy rich so fuk them.
    The concerns on Dickey off the field is that he likes to push himself ....like trying to swim the Mississippi river and almost drowning or climbing a Mountain or crossing a desert. Dickey should be a Met the Wilpons should be in jail. Think about it ...fuk his age Niekro won 300 games after turning 30 plus Dickey has no tendon to mess up in his pitching arm its gone So 11 mill a year for a Cy Young that the fans actually came and watched. Dickey even thanked them his last game at Citi for the support....This guy has to remain a Met

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Jason Bay Bobby Bo Mo Vaughn K Rot

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    that was when Minaya was in office. if ya haven't noticed Sandy Alderson is the now there lol

Phildo
    Phildo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6228

I understand why Dickey wants more money, but the Mets really have him over a barrel. If he plays this year for 5 and slides even a little it will be tough for him to get 20 over the next 2 when he's a free agent, but they are only 5 million apart, I will be disappointed in both sides if they can't bridge that gap.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

I would prefer to trade him. I don't mind either way, but by the time this team is ready to compete, it's unlikely he'll be as good as he is now. Just wish they would get something done already.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

that was when Minaya was in office. if ya haven't noticed Sandy Alderson is the now there lol
    Omar didn't make that trade. Duquette did.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Omar didn't make that trade. Duquette did.
    was just referring to all the bad trades.

actually whats his face Steve.....white hair was on ESPN for a bit...made the Victor Zambrono for Kazmir trade