thursday bases

First Half (176-207)(-27.22)
    Favorites (69-78)(-26.81)
    Underdogs (53-69)(-2.18)
    Totals (15-11)(+2.92)
    Parlays (27-39)(-4.30)
    Runlines (12-10)(+3.15)

Overall (176-207)(-27.22)

First half of the season was a nightmare and probably the worst I have ever done in baseball. It is pretty obvious that favorites even though I played nothing over -150 was my downfall. Take the favorites away and I would have almost broke even. I changed my ways of thinking the past couple of weeks and was not playing favs and then they started coming in. I am going to go back to my original way I have always bet and just let the chips fall where they may. I cannot do any worse than the first half, or at least I don’t think I can, so it is only going to get better. Lets get going with the second half of these season and get some of that money back.

Not going to over-think these games. I am posting this earlier than I normally do. Lines for Thursday out already and I know who I like, so here they are.

Dodgers -134 vs Houston……………Dodgers have just been great at home in the first half and they are running away with their division. Now they have Manny back and their lead will just continue to grow. Home field makes the difference in this one. Houston might have a slight pitching advantage and nothing else. The Dodgers find a way to win this in the late innings.

Mets +165 vs Atlanta…………I know the Mets are having some problems, but there is no way Atlanta should be this big a favorite in this game. If I remember correctly Lowe was getting knocked around his last few starts. The Mets are not having the season everybody expected, but it is not like they suck either. Just too much value with the Mets to pass up.

Florida -122 vs Phillies…………..Phils were playing very well right before the break and probably did not want to stop playing. The Phillies were horrible at home in the first half, yet they had the best record on the road in the NL. That is very abnormal and things have a way of evening out. In other words phils should have a very good second half of the season at home and will more than likely be not so great on the road. I think it all starts Thursday in Florida. The fish are in second place and this would be a great time for them to “make their move”. Marlins take game one of this series.

That is all for Thursday. I fully expect to win two of three and maybe with a little luck all three, but I would settle for two after my miserable first half.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I were you, I'd only do Dodgers.
    Mets on the road?
    Marlins with an inconsistent Volstad vs a road-loving Phillies with that unpredictable Moyers?