dacanesrule74
    dacanesrule74's Avatar Become A Pro!

Astros will win the Series

My brilliant logic in game 1 paid off and after losing on under 7 for game 2, I'm going to take the Astros to win the World Series, I'm not sure what the odds are yet. Houston, down 2-0, needs to take all 3 at home. Unlikely? yes, but you have to give them game 3 with Oswalt and that leaves game 4 as the crucial game with Backe vs. Garcia. If they can some how win that and tie the series at 2 with all the momentum, they win game 5 Wandy Rodriguez vs. Contreras. Even if they lose the Wandy or Backe game, they are down 3-2 going back to Chicago with Pettite in 6 and Oswalt in 7, not bad.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

White Sox take the series in five and it wouldn't shock me if they beat Oswalt tomorrow either.

Public money will be all over Osawlt. I'm gonna take Garland +169 for tomorrows game.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

You can get +372 at Matchbook after commission for a Houston win, +360 at Pinny.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion, the White Sox need to do all they can to win the series in Houston. The game last night showed that the White Sox struggled a lot more with Pettite than the Astros did with Buehrle, and Garland, despite pitching well for most of the season, is nowhere near the pitcher Oswalt is. I just took a very small bet on the Astros at +370 to win the series.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another point that's very important is that both team's closers have proven to be human in just 2 games. For the Astros, the last two times Lidge has pitched, he's giving up game winning home runs. For the Sox, Jenks was brilliant in game 1 before nearly blowing game 2. I still think the Astros have a great shot at this Series with Oswalt going in Game 3 and then Rocket in Game 5, Pettitte in Game 6, and Oswalt again in Game 7. I am sticking with my original prediction of Houston in 7.

Senator 7

bigpig19
    bigpig19's Avatar Become A Pro!

white sox sweep the series because the Assholes are not as good. the white sox have a better lineup, better starting pitching, better bullpen, better manager; what else do you want. And by the way they have the best player in baseball (Frank Thomas).

smoothsuave
    smoothsuave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Hope I don't disappoint anyone, but I am looking for the Sox's to win game 3 and the Astros to win out ( I just like the thought of the payoff coming back from 0-3) Yeah Baby

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Quote Originally Posted by smoothsuave
    Hope I don't disappoint anyone, but I am looking for the Sox's to win game 3 and the Astros to win out ( I just like the thought of the payoff coming back from 0-3) Yeah Baby
    Going to be hard for the 'stros to do something like that with the crappy hitting they got. I think its over this evening.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once Oswalt left the game with the Astros losing, I knew the Series was over. The only way Houston would have had a chance was if Oswalt would have came out and shut the Sox down. That didn't happen and when it didn't, I knew things were over whether or not Houston would have won Game 3.

Senator 7

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    Once Oswalt left the game with the Astros losing, I knew the Series was over. The only way Houston would have had a chance was if Oswalt would have came out and shut the Sox down. That didn't happen and when it didn't, I knew things were over whether or not Houston would have won Game 3.

Senator 7
    Yep, the Sox broke Oswalt's back and Houston's along with it. He was their only chance to save that series.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    White Sox take the series in five and it wouldn't shock me if they beat Oswalt tomorrow either.

Public money will be all over Osawlt. I'm gonna take Garland +169 for tomorrows game.
    Another reason why to bet against the public.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    You can get +372 at Matchbook after commission for a Houston win, +360 at Pinny.
    After game three. Pinny has Houston +1400 to win the WS.

How many are going to jump on that?