Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Two trades under the radar

These are a bit old but I somehow missed them so maybe you did too:

Nyjer Morgan now a Nat, after Lastings Milledge was traded to the Pirates

Scott Hairston now an A, sparking rumours that Holliday may be on his way out soon

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Yeah, the Pirates one still baffles me, just can't figure out what in the hell they're trying to accomplish there in Pittsburgh. Are they thinking they can get something else for Milledge later this month? Just seems a very strange trade.

I missed the Hairston one over the weekend, and we were talking about it a little yesterday here in the office. As well as it could signal Holliday's eventual departure from Oakland, I'm wondering if the Pads might now be shopping Peavy once more and for a bat or two.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

It's crazy, they get rid of McClouth and Morgan, literally two top young talents with speed and power for Milledge and some arms. Unreal. I would hate to be a Pirates fan right now.

Yeah the Pads must be thinking of trading Peavy. They must already recognize they have no hope this season and are effectively working the cogs to get some trades going for next season. Poor Adrian Gonzalez. Man, that guy on a good OBP team would just decimate the numbers.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

McClouth trade isn't looking so bad anymore..... Morgan and Milledge are both useless