detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

why did tigers not throw home there ?

i know u only get 1 out but keep it a 0-0 game and hope for a 2x play on the next guy

now only 2 innings left

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would make sense to protect home plate in a scoreless game in the 7th inning. Tigers are sure to lose game 2 now.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ i could understand doing what they did earlier in the game , or with a lead

but not btm 7th in a 0 run game , huge mistake and i blame leyland

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

huge task for Detroit now. They are in a must win the next 2 games just to stay alive.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

did not bet on the game, but watching...really dont understand why they didnt either..makes no sense. and they kept smyly in, makes no sense...tigers clearly dont care if they lose game2

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

One of the biggest reasons it makes ZERO sense is DET can buy a fukin hit this series let alone a run it seems. You MUST keep it a scoreless game right there. And they 100% had the runner out at home there.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If you bring your infield in with no outs and the bases load, you are asking to give the other team a 4-5 run inning.

It was the right play. As it turned out, Detroit got out of a bases loaded no out jam with only giving up 1 run and they are still in the game instead of being down 4 or 5 runs. That ball would have been hard to throw somebody out at home anyway.

It was good baseball. If Detroit can't score 1 run they don't deserve to win anyway.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I guess it doesn't matter that much. They gave up another run the following inning. Add that to the fact they cannot seem to buy a run anymore and it adds up to another loss. Hopefully they can make it competitive in Detroit. They better. Already their down 2 games to zilch!

illisdre
    illisdre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Im not watching the game.. but from MLB stupid ass website.. and just stunned in disbelief at the idiot pitchers.. i mean.. im pretty sure I dont have to be watching it to see that Smiley is an A1 screwup... Intentionally walking guys after he just got hammered the inning before by bases loaded.

secueritae
    secueritae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2841

better question, why did they not play the bunt?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Tigers made a lot of questionable decisions the whole game. I'd question their intent but it won't do any good. I bet they'll win game 3